January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Am I the only one thinking £30 million for an 18 year old is a hell of a risk any way?
He may have huge potential but he could also flop , if he is going Brentford as he thinks he will get more game time then I don’t want
Him here , I want a player who believes they are good enough to start for us next season and ready to prove to Ange they are good enough!
Most if not all business decisions,are based on a calculated risk.
The problem we have had at the club in recent years, is that many times we seem risk adverse, he is probably worth taking the risk, but looks like he has chosen to go elsewhere.

You didn't understand. I don't expect Ange to be where City is. But what most dont get is that if you are buying youngsters, you need a 3 year plan from when the first youngster is bought. Else you just growing them for teams who will offer them better salaries, who are known title and winners.

Will VDV, Romero, Dragusin, Udogie, Madison, Sarr all be with is in 5 years time? Madrid, Barcelona, City and now The Saudis will come to VDV in 3 years time, knowing he is coming up on his prime and offer him a great salary if he leaves at the end of his contract. Levy knows this, so like most of our Great players, he will let them go at a profit. He'll buy cheap youngsters again and the cycle will continue. Evey two or three years has been a rebuild for us. It's how Levy operates. We will never be on the Level of Liverpool, Madrid and City. Even Woolwich is showing us a real rebuild
Players are leaving the Saudi league in droves, it's not much of a threat, and Barcelona can't afford a bucket to piss in, so that just leaves Real Madrid and City, there's only so many players those two clubs need to buy.

He can be. Like many other journalists.

However, like many other journalists, he relies on clicks and engagement. He also gets the majority of his info from agents, not clubs directly.

It looks more and more likely like they wanted some kind of bidding war for Nusa and we weren't interested, hence why we only met with Brugge once. Agents would have been pushing him and acting for the club, but Spurs and Brugge met once about it and that was it.

All Fab said from what I remember were that more talks were to take place between Spurs and Brugge. And they never did in the end.

View: https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1750496303723815220

View: https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1748816663959503209

It looks like we were interested to me and no bidding war has taken place, they just agreed the same fee,

it's all revisionist bullshit really isn't it?

Now the "oh Nusa doesn't even start for Brugge" posts appear. Now Ally Gold tells us why he chose Brentford (anyone actually believe he got some insider knowledge on this from Nusas camp ffs?).

.....Let's side-step that and go with the facts instead.

This season:
28 apps / 13 starts.

League: 16 apps / 6 starts.
E.Conf Lg: 3 apps / 1 start.
E.Conf Lg (qualifiers): 6 apps / 3 starts
Belg. Cup: 3 apps / 3 starts

Considering the CAA Base model is to do most of the work via intermediaries, if it had git as far as face to face with the club, we can’t hide from the fact that a lot of time and effort went into this transfer.

We’d had an interest for as while as well. Need to take this on the chin as one we tried to do and lost out on.

It’s shit because he looks an exciting talent but then again, the really top class talents don’t go to Brentford.
Nusa's not with BASE, he's with Atta Aneke which is the same agency as Gift Orban and Boniface.

Most if not all business decisions,are based on a calculated risk.
The problem we have had at the club in recent years, is that many times we seem risk adverse, he is probably worth taking the risk, but looks like he has chosen to go elsewhere.
Also on low wages so total deal value is a lot less than

View: https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1750496303723815220

View: https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1748816663959503209

It looks like we were interested to me and no bidding war has taken place, they just agreed the same fee,

There's zero there that tells us that Spurs were ever close though.

Of course we were interested. We're interested in dozens of players.

Romano spouted the same bull shit with Nusa day after day. Talks here, talks there. Because he knows what brings engagement. There was never anything new between Spurs and Nusa from the very first tweet that mentions we were interested to today when Brentford agreed with him.

I think what's likely is we had a meeting with Brugge face to face to tell them of our intentions. We discussed it further with his agent, laid out our plans and they didn't coincide with Nusa wanting game time. We didn't go back to Brugge for further talks because of it.

Players are leaving the Saudi league in droves, it's not much of a threat, and Barcelona can't afford a bucket to piss in, so that just leaves Real Madrid and City, there's only so many players those two clubs need to buy.

We had the same pissing and crying over Poch's crew only being fattened up for re-sale......... It was bollocks. All the fear came to nothing.

Never heard of Nusa a few weeks ago but he's a signing we really need to be making, unless he doesn't want to come and then we need players with confidence in their ability who want to play for the club but, if he does come, he's a triffic signing who will give us his best years and propel us to challenging for trophies, but if he goes to Brentford he's a relegation level player and I hope he gets relegated and we can pick him up on a great deal cos he would have had some Prem League experience.

A lot, Nusa is being painted as some kind of spoilt teenager.
Sour grapes, happens every time when we don't get a player. Nusa is doing everything to prioritise gametime, which is smart of him, same reason he rejected Chelsea in the summer.

For a post that seems to have so much time and effort put into it, this has to be one of the worst takes I've read on this forum and that is truly saying something

Ricky Gervais Lol GIF
He’s either a gooner mole or has a very ‘interesting’ take on reality! 😂

There's zero there that tells us that Spurs were ever close though.

Of course we were interested. We're interested in dozens of players.

Romano spouted the same bull shit with Nusa day after day. Talks here, talks there. Because he knows what brings engagement. There was never anything new between Spurs and Nusa from the very first tweet that mentions we were interested to today when Brentford agreed with him.
We were looking to sign him, if not we should move on to the next player on the list.

Ok but Will Romero, Dragusin, VDV, Udogie, Porro, Madison, Sarr and Vicario all be with us in 5 years time?

We were looking to sign him, if not we should move on to the next player on the list.

I think what's likely is we had a meeting with Brugge face to face to tell them of our intentions. We discussed it further with his agent, laid out our plans and they didn't coincide with Nusa wanting game time. We didn't go back to Brugge for further talks because of it.

There will be others on the list. But that could now mean waiting until the summer.

Ok but Will Romero, Dragusin, VDV, Udogie, Porro, Madison, Sarr and Vicario all be with us in 5 years time?
Who knows, 5 years are an eternity in football. The important thing is to have a good recruitment structure in place, so that we can replace them when the time eventually comes.

You didn't understand. I don't expect Ange to be where City is. But what most dont get is that if you are buying youngsters, you need a 3 year plan from when the first youngster is bought. Else you just growing them for teams who will offer them better salaries, who are known title and winners.

Will VDV, Romero, Dragusin, Udogie, Madison, Sarr all be with is in 5 years time? Madrid, Barcelona, City and now The Saudis will come to VDV in 3 years time, knowing he is coming up on his prime and offer him a great salary if he leaves at the end of his contract. Levy knows this, so like most of our Great players, he will let them go at a profit. He'll buy cheap youngsters again and the cycle will continue. Evey two or three years has been a rebuild for us. It's how Levy operates. We will never be on the Level of Liverpool, Madrid and City. Even Woolwich is showing us a real rebuild

Absolute horsepoo.

Remind me how long out best players under Poch were at the club for.

Back
Top Bottom