Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm worried about the left back situation. REALLY worried. I would like to see Fryers start (given it is his fucking position!!) but Naughton will no doubt be there.

I'm surprised to see Capoue being touted for centre back, when we have Daws, Vlad and Kaboul to choose from, and Capoue was dire against Fulham.

Here's my line-up, put together with a mixture of hope and expectation:

Hugo
Walker Dawson Vlad Naughton
Sandro Dembele
Townsend Holtby Lamela
Soldado

A good game for Dawson to play, it will be a physical battle in defence and Kaboul hasn't impressed me so far this season, he was equally as awful as Dawson against City, and this isn't the game to try and bring him back.

I'd like to see Chadli start but don't think he will. Hopefully Sunderland will play for a win and open the game up, giving us a bit more space to work with in the final third providing we move the ball FORWARD not SIDEWAYS!

There's no easy games, but we should be winning here.

Yes
Dawson can knock a ball from the corner of the penalty box to the opposite corner of the other penalty box and drop it on the head of an advancing winger - in fact, he is regularly criticised for playing "Hollywood" passes of that nature, despite his excellence at doing it.
Is that diagonal enough?
I don't doubt he has the accuracy to play them, but a 70-yard pass to Lennon, Defoe or Townsend, who have never won an aerial battle in their lives, is just pointlessly giving away possession, when he could no doubt play an easier ball.
If you're going to play long balls, you need target men, and we don't have them!

I would love to think Townsend can play left back, but I doubt he has the discipline or experience to know when to go forward and when not to. Given he has been playing right wing this season, it'd be a hell of a switch for him, not just in relation to geography on the pitch, but his duties.

Is Lee Young-Pyo fit? Or Atouba?

dawson will play simply because verts is injured..and i admit currently he should be played over kaboul...naughton/fryers should be at LB..preferably fryers but i feel avb will go with the more experienced naughton..
Hi Oz, I disagree with that . Daws would play even if JV wasn't injured, as Jan would play LB.

When Rose comes back, maybe Daws will be rested more often, we'll see. Each game brings different challenges/opportunities. As I've pointed out many a time, loads of Spurs fans this summer didn't have Daws in their ' first XI', well he's proved them all wrong, and played practically every big game. Maybe he wouldn't have if injuries hadn't happened, but they have and it's been great how Daws has stayed fit to add continuity to our team.

I'm gonna miss this game, in Malta this week and out with family and friends just at the time we are playing, otherwise would find a bar to watch it, as its easy peasy here to see near enough every EPL game. So if its worth it, will watch highlights tomorrow, if not, will wipe it from the memory banks, as if I don't see it, it never really happened!

I'm gonna miss this game, in Malta this week and out with family and friends just at the time we are playing, otherwise would find a bar to watch it, as its easy peasy here to see near enough every EPL game. So if its worth it, will watch highlights tomorrow, if not, will wipe it from the memory banks, as if I don't see it, it never really happened!

I'm part maltese, bloody awesome as place

Shit..... I'm gonna miss this game, first time this season :'( Anyone know where I can download it ASAP later tonight?

plz :vdvcry:

Havent tried it myself yet, picked this link up here on Wendesday:

livefootballvideo.com

Apparently you can watch full games from a couple of hours after they have finished

They are way down my list of hated teams.. Why do you have this disliking for them?
I can take them or leave them.. I don't have any feelings toward them to be truthful.

As I said, total waste of time side. Long history of dull, functional football played recently by overpaid United castoffs in front of a half-empty crowd on a swamp of a pitch every week. No ambitions for success, they just exist to piss everyone else in the League off.

I also have family/friend connections to Newcastle so I'm biased

Mate, with your hand I want you to slowly put it down your trousers and check that your testicles are still attached. Do it for me please...
Oh I know what you mean, and normally I agree, but its her first time here... perhaps I can have the game running in the background while Im cooking

Back
Top Bottom