Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With him being soo portly, yet Gala keeping him, think he’s opened up to them about having a problem.

In time, if he loads on Salmon and Sardines instead of burgers n fries, maybe he can give them something.

Bless him.

It looks like Galatasaray have discovered how to get the best out of Tanguy.

Dz4phJ6.png

All his highlights are fancy footwork 50 yards from goal. The ultimate Youtube footballer. 'Talented' but I have a feeling Ange would see through him in 5 minutes.
exactly. hes a fucking streetballer. i was a little duped at first too, we all wanna have hope when a player comes to this club. people saying hes got supreme talent dont know what a proper footballer is. sarr is far more talented, but he doesnt do ball rolls and body feints everytime he gets the ball, instead he wants to play triangles round players. but your average idiot will think ndombele has more ability lol. sarr now at 21 is far more of an important player than ndombele has ever been, or will be.

Using this logic, we'd still be buying players like Ndombele and GLC, instead of VdV, Vicario, Udogie, Sarr etc.
Buying players who have stats to back up the eye test is crucial IMO.

I’m not sure how you arrived at that from what I actually wrote. Obviously clubs should look at players very carefully before signing them for millions.

I could just as easily say that by your own ‘logic’ you seem to be suggesting that the club started to use stats when buying players in the last year or so, but didn’t do this before, and that’s why the most recent transfers have been more successful (so far) than two cherry-picked worst examples you’ve selected to prove your point. We’ve signed plenty of players in the recent past who were as good as if not better than those you’ve mentioned, and I note you missed out Johnson from your list of - the poor lad!

I can also recall quite a lot of folks on here using plenty of stats about Tanguy to make the case he was going to be a great signing. The guy had very obvious character flaws and I would suggest that due diligence wasn’t done in this regard in his case and quite a few others.

I suspect we will continue to sign a lot of players that work out for us , and quite a lot that don’t. Same as it ever was. Football is as much art as it is science. Ultimately though , the quality of our signings has generally improved over time; Tottenham are just a much attractive proposition for players than they have been over most of the previous 30 years, and over the last decade or so we’ve generally been able to attract a much better standard of footballer than we did previously.

So, no, my point wasn't that clubs shouldn’t use statistics, or that fans shouldn’t if they want to, but merely that personally I find the use of stats when it comes to the presentation and discussion of football to be extremely boring. Like VAR, it’s just another change in the culture and rules of football which does not appeal to me. But whatever floats your boat.

Last edited:
I’m not sure how you arrived at that from what I actually wrote. Obviously clubs should look at players very carefully before signing them for millions.

I could just as easily say that by your own ‘logic’ you seem to be suggesting that the club started to use stats when buying players in the last year or so, but didn’t do this before, and that’s why the most recent transfers have been more successful (so far) than two cherry-picked worst examples you’ve selected to prove your point? We’ve signed plenty of players in the recent past who were as good as and better than those you’ve mentioned , and I note you missed out Johnson from your list! Poor lad.

I can also recall quite a lot of folks on here using plenty of stats about Tanguy to make the case he was going to be a great signing. The guy had very obvious character flaws and I would suggest that due diligence wasn’t done in this regard in his case and quite a few others.

I suspect we will continue to sign a lot of players that work out for us , and quite a lot that don’t. Same as it ever was. Football is as much art as it is science. Ultimately though , the quality of our signings has generally improved over time; Tottenham are just a much attractive proposition for players than they have been over most of the previous 30 years, and over the last decade or so we’ve generally been able to attract a much better standard of footballer than we did previously.

So, no, my point wasn't that clubs shouldn’t use statistics, or that fans shouldn’t if they want to, but merely that personally I find the use of stats when it comes to the presentation and discussion of football to be extremely boring. Like VAR, it’s just another change in the culture and rules of football which does not appeal to me. But whatever floats your boat.
We literally HAVE switched to using data and stats to sign players in the last year or so.

I have NFI what is so difficult to understand about that or what prompted you to rant war and peace as a result.

You said things like assists are american-ism nonsense. When in fact, they're a part of the very stats we use when assessing whether to sign a player.

In fact, we may search for players BY their stats and the identity of the player with those attributes comes after the criteria is entered.

We literally HAVE switched to using data and stats to sign players in the last year or so.

I have NFI what is so difficult to understand about that or what prompted you to rant war and peace as a result.

You said things like assists are american-ism nonsense. When in fact, they're a part of the very stats we use when assessing whether to sign a player.

In fact, we may search for players BY their stats and the identity of the player with those attributes comes after the criteria is entered.

First of all I’d like to apologise for the upset I’ve caused you with my opinions that have resulted in you using upper case letters mid sentence.

I never said that the club hasn’t switch to using data and stats for transfers over the last year or so. You obviously have insider knowledge on how the club’s transfers operate, so I will have to bow to your greater knowledge. Thanks to you I now feel relieved that Levy is no longer drawing our transfer targets out of a tombolo, or whatever we did before, and reassured that all future transfers will be a resounding success .

You are correct - I did say the use of the term ‘assists’ in British football is an American-ism that crept in with the sky sports era, which is a fact and doesn’t require you to like or agree with it. It wasn’t intended to be taken all that seriously as a remark either, but nevertheless I would like to offer you an apology if you found it ‘triggering’ or whatever word you’d probably use.

Last edited:
Guy is just gonna wring this thing out, isn't he. lol

All the way 'till the end.

Just doesn't give a fuck.

"Tanguy, we're want to sign you, but we need the best Tanguy... a fit Tanguy... a hungry passionate Tanguy!"

- 'Yes...I promise... I will be best Tanguy... Oui!'

"Ok, let's do this... sign here... ... great... welcome to Suckers FC, brother... "

- 'Merci, Mr Dipshit, I'm glad to be part of this great club...'

*Tango reaches into his pocket*

"Fantastic... now, let's go and meet the pla... ... ... hey... ... tango... what's that???"

- '... ... ... *chomp* ... ... ... a burger... ... ... *chomp*.... ... ... oui, on y va!!'

"... ... ... "

THzUmSo.gif

Back
Top Bottom