Pape Sarr

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Senegal finish runner up, they'll play Nigeria in the next round. Potential to be back for both games if they lose that.

However it is likely they top the group tonight and therefore will play one of the third places teams in the next round on the 29th Jan.

Interestingly both Sarr and Bissouma could meet in the quarter finals.

I think it's best to just have the expectation that they'll both be back for Brighton at home on the 10th Feb.

Regarding Son, if Korea win the group, they'll likely play favourites Japan in the next round (30th Jan) if they finish runner up, they'll likely play Saudi Arabia (30th Jan) so will miss Brentford regardless. However, I could honestly see a Klinsmann managed South Korea lose to either of them and be back for Everton tbh.

Oh right, I see the R16 is 27-30th Jan so maybe they get Nigeria on the 27th for example. then he's back in time for Everton if they lose. Not sure 28-31st is enough turn around for jet lag and training to play Everton but maybe it is.

Ia gree that Brighton is the one to hope for.

SK under Jurgen can def lose to japan. I'd expect them to tbh.

Oh right, I see the R16 is 27-30th Jan so maybe they get Nigeria on the 27th for example. then he's back in time for Everton if they lose. Not sure 28-31st is enough turn around for jet lag and training to play Everton but maybe it is.

FWIW, There's no jet lag from Africa. We're basically on the same timezone. Worst case, it's like flying to France or East Europe.

Last edited:

Woah, I just realised from your post that Klinsman is managing SK!

That's good for us.

If Senegal finish runner up, they'll play Nigeria in the next round. Potential to be back for both games if they lose that.

However it is likely they top the group tonight and therefore will play one of the third places teams in the next round on the 29th Jan.

Interestingly both Sarr and Bissouma could meet in the quarter finals.

I think it's best to just have the expectation that they'll both be back for Brighton at home on the 10th Feb.

Regarding Son, if Korea win the group, they'll likely play favourites Japan in the next round (30th Jan) if they finish runner up, they'll likely play Saudi Arabia (30th Jan) so will miss Brentford regardless. However, I could honestly see a Klinsmann managed South Korea lose to either of them and be back for Everton tbh.

I think Senegal are better than Nigeria. Unfortunately.

You know the more I watch him grow as a young man and footballer the more convinced I become that its Maddison Bentancur SARR will be our first choice. The balance for the way Ange plays is perfect. Maddison will come deep and start plays on the half turn Bentancur will anchor set tempo and conduct whist Sarr will fill all the holes and suddenly appear in both boxes to clear or cause danger. He has the potential to be world class.

You know the more I watch him grow as a young man and footballer the more convinced I become that its Maddison Bentancur SARR will be our first choice. The balance for the way Ange plays is perfect. Maddison will come deep and start plays on the half turn Bentancur will anchor set tempo and conduct whist Sarr will fill all the holes and suddenly appear in both boxes to clear or cause danger. He has the potential to be world class.
He’s still a kid but he’s got that Viera feel about him. I think he needs to start games better and his touch and passing can be quite loose early on in games but then it’s as if it just clicks then he’s on fire. If he can score more regularly then he’s got the potential to become a real top player for a long time.
I see Bentancur,Sarr and Madders being brilliant together but I also see Bissouma,Bentancur and Madders being brilliant and we already know that Bissouma,Sarr and Madders are top notch together. We are in such a good place in midfield and one more technical player to make madders being missing not so big.

He’s still a kid but he’s got that Viera feel about him. I think he needs to start games better and his touch and passing can be quite loose early on in games but then it’s as if it just clicks then he’s on fire. If he can score more regularly then he’s got the potential to become a real top player for a long time.
I see Bentancur,Sarr and Madders being brilliant together but I also see Bissouma,Bentancur and Madders being brilliant and we already know that Bissouma,Sarr and Madders are top notch together. We are in such a good place in midfield and one more technical player to make madders being missing not so big.

That sensible transfers thing got me thinking about this and for the first time I kind of understood Gallagher but even then, I wonder if there is a better player out there.

GLC is actually the perfect fit for a player that can play 8 box to box but also cover for Maddison but he just isn't built for the physicality of the prem. Makes me wonder if the links to that Polish guy at Fener might actually not be bullshit.

I'm pretty sure it is usual that after players come back from tournaments they get a few days off.
I might be wrong but I don't think they just fly home and play 2 days later.

Its 3 weeks off after tournaments in the summer as the tournaments get in way of holidays

Not sure there is a minimum time off after AFCON but given the AFCON matches are 4 days apart, it might be sensible to have a minimum gap of say 6 days between their last AFCON match and first Spurs match to get enough time for a full recovery from their last AFCON match, or if a couple of days less start them off bench.

If we get no more injuries and have Maddison back we shouldn't be short of players with most matches a week apart.so a few days off after AFCON shouldn't be an issue, more might.

Ideally, would be great if Senegal lose to Guinea tonight, finish runner up and play the mighty Nigeria in the next round.

Game is on the 27th Jan. If Nigeria were to knock them out, he maaaay be back for that Brentford game. If not, most definitely Everton.

Lads this is fucking awful to read. It’s selfish as fuck. Why not cheer the young lad on and hope he wins the fucking thing? Imagine what that would do for him. Winning mentality is what we need and want.

Enough of the self centred bullshit. It’s embarrassing

Lads this is fucking awful to read. It’s selfish as fuck. Why not cheer the young lad on and hope he wins the fucking thing? Imagine what that would do for him. Winning mentality is what we need and want.

I wouldn't go that far as I can kind of understand why people are saying it because it's a tournament in the middle of a domestic season. The fact that AFCON is every two years is a joke as well. BUT, as much as I want them back, I hope they both somehow end up at the final, they milk as much experience from it as possible and one of them comes back victorious. Winning would be a great personal achievement for one of our players (put that in bold because I want all of our players to succeed in everything they do) and the experience they gain in the process will benefit us as a club in the long run.

Because I'd rather Nigeria won it....

But no no, you're right. I'm selfish because not only would I rather the country of my heritage to win it but I also wouldn't mind getting a player back so the club I support has a better chance of winning too.

Last edited:
Because I'd rather Nigeria won it....

But no no, you're right. I'm selfish because not only would I rather the country of my heritage to win it but I also wouldn't mind getting a player back so the club I support has a better chance of winning too.

Mate you don’t give a fuck who wins it. You just want him back regardless. People dismiss our players trying to win international trophies and it’s a disgrace.

Back
Top Bottom