Brennan Johnson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In Ange I trust but this one may be an anomaly.
Poor today. Only flashes in his whole time.
Maybe he’s gunna do a Bale?
If by "doing a Bale" you mean, taking up golf, then I think he might have no choice if he carries on the way he is.

Having a stinker I can forgive, being a colossal fucking pussy and bailing out of every single 50/50 imaginable I can't.

Last edited:
He doesn't look like he wants it enough. Our other player are giving everything out there. Does he think he is better than the rest because he cost 50m
Piss poor. Have been sayimg it for weeks, he's too lightweight, hesitant and today his delivery was atrocious.

Not a fan thus far at all
Spot on.....seems abit of of a softy.... maybe it's the new generation of youth and how they've brought up to play football......I'm 51 and these youngsters wouldn't survive the type of football we played in the 80's
Said it before....his level is Crystal Palace

Last edited:
Pony again. Needs a spell out of the team and to be used as impact sub for a while.

Now with Madders back we'll see Kulu out on the right, also potentially Solomon and Werner ahead of him when Son gets back.

He's had plenty of game time to cement his place but hasn't done it.

Jury very much still out on him.
Needed to step up
In the absence of key players but not done I!

Lack of spurs pre season, think he will improve greatly
Ffs what diff dies that make. He had pre season with forest played some games for them already. Why do people go on about pre season so much? Did Mickey have pre season with us? What about players coming in jan. What sort of exscuse is that anyway. He doesn’t need a pre season with us to be able ficking cross the ball, not be such weed, shoot or try to beat a man. Even make runs in behind he doesn’t do that often. He needs to be stretching teams. Only thing his stretching is his bank balance.

Think he will.flourish once we get are more creative players back that can utilise his pace with incisive through balls.
He already has ample opportunity to run in behind lines or drift inside. But he has to show for the ball. There’s no cutting inside and trying to split the CBs.

Just hugs the sideline and runs to the corner.

Strange player.

Last edited:
To me, he still seems like one for the future and I’ve not given up on him yet.

He looks like he has some maturing to do, physically , and with a fully fit team we would only see him against certain teams or as a sub. Unfortunately we don’t have that luxury, and I don’t think he’s ready. Our big players give him confidence and without them he does see to shrink.

It worries me that the fanbase will be so on his back it will only make things worse. Needs more time and space to grow.
£50M for the future? We are not made of money. Other players have come in costing less and not been as wank.

I hope he improves exponentially, but I really do fear we’ve had our pants pulled down on this one.

He offers very little. People keep on mentioning his talent, but it escapes me. His wing play is very basic and his crosses are almost uniformly poor. He shows a reluctance to move inside and affect games.

But it’s his work off the ball that is really unacceptable. He just has to work harder. He has to come to the ball and link up play.

He hides out wide and does nothing.
Well said!

There’s just some players that we all have that grate on you but this guy is on the borderline with me for a number of reasons.

He has the biggest attribute every forward player in the history of the game wants and that’s pace. Blistering pace. He never wants to use it. He comes short when there’s 30 yards of grass to run into and takes the ball to feet which is definitely not one of his strengths. This happens far too much and put bentancur in the shit second half and Hojbjerg on more than one occasion. These guys are in decent possession but are getting pressed and the pass in behind is in but Johnson stands and wants it to feet and what it does is just congest the game. Hojbjerg played one in behind anyway and gets stick for playing it to nobody when Johnson is to blame.
This kid needs to grow a set of balls and stop being passive. Any full back playing against him knows to press him as it’s going into feet and he won’t hurt them. They should be terrified of him running in behind!!

I also think he’s a lazy player and kills Porro at times. He jogs back and leaves him isolated 1 v 1 which isn’t the end of the world because against most players I fancy Porro to deal with it but against Rashford (no matter what people think of him)who will hurt you. That is what wrecks my head with him at times. He sometimes gets back and sometimes jogs back. It’s a fucking pre requisite that he does it every time and help his team mate.

The flip side to it is when the times he has made that run which is not often enough for a player with that pace then he has set up chances and goals. The goals Richy scored against Everton and Bournemouth is exactly how Johnson should when he spun in behind and laid it on a plate for richy to basically have tap ins.

He’s close to being a Sessegnon which would be criminal but he should go and see what Aaron Lennon done here with pace and hard work and model himself on him. Lennon wasn’t blessed with ridiculous ability but he used his attributes to make the team better and not do things that he wanted to do.

He’ll be replaced by Deki and will have to fight his way into the team again.

To me, he still seems like one for the future and I’ve not given up on him yet.

He looks like he has some maturing to do, physically , and with a fully fit team we would only see him against certain teams or as a sub. Unfortunately we don’t have that luxury, and I don’t think he’s ready. Our big players give him confidence and without them he does see to shrink.

It worries me that the fanbase will be so on his back it will only make things worse. Needs more time and space to grow.
Well, as for the fan base on his back, it's always someone.

Back
Top Bottom