Man United [A] Sunday 14 Jan 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's your prediction?

• 3 points

Votes: 150 75.8%
  • 1 point

Votes: 39 19.7%
  • No points

Votes: 9 4.5%

• Total voters
If we can’t beat United we might as well give up .

Liverpool couldn't beat them and that was with Salah, without Son our attack is nothing special. We all saw how Richi played against Burnley last week. We need him to step up big time and put chances away. Otherwise we will struggle to beat anybody.

Every time we play without Son in the starting XI, the opponent will fancy their chances.

Last edited:
So with a misfiring front line we need a midfielder or 2 to step up.
I fancy Deki or Lolo to pop one in the old onion bag.
Another absolute banger from Pedro would be sweet too.

So with a misfiring front line we need a midfielder or 2 to step up.
I fancy Deki or Lolo to pop one in the old onion bag.
Another absolute banger from Pedro would be sweet too.
Werner will score, it's fine!!

Meh Kinda GIF by Cultura

With Davies and Lo Celso now out and I am not expecting Romero, Maddison or Solomon back the starting X1 pretty much chooses itself - only real questions is if Dragusin or Royal will start as CB, and I've opted for Skipp over Hojbjerg at CM as I'm half expecting Hojbjerg to leave later in the window.

And of course with Asian Cup and AFCON in progress we don't have Son, Bissouma or Sarr for up to one month.
Vicario
Porro, Royal/Dragusin, Van de Ven, Udogie
Skipp, Bentancur, Kulusevski
Johnson, Richarlison, Werner​

Subs : Forster, Royal/Dragusin, Dorrington, Hojbjerg, Gil, Donley, Santiago Scarlett and Sessegnon

if the 8 players currently out injured or at Asian Cup/AFCON were available, the squad would look a hell of a lot stronger !

Last edited:
United will fancy their chances, we have important players missing and two of our forward line are basically memes.

We need Richi and Werner to prove some people wrong.

Seriously?

SERIOUSLY? :D

OUR FRONT LINE is memes?
Not like... 95-mil-1-goal-Anthony?
Not like...75-mil-better-signing-then-Kane-1 goal- Hjojlund?
Not like...50-mil-ages-ago-should-I-stay-or-should-I-go-Martial?
Not like.... englands-generational-talent-Barcelona-wants-him-3-goals-Rashford?

I mean Werner did not live up to expectations in Chelsea, sure.
But with first half of his first EPL season he was on 4 goals + 5 assists (!) Hjojlund sits on 1+0 right now.
So whowever you look, Hjojlund is 4x (if not 9x) as meme as Werner ever was.

Sure, we need better than Richie in the long term. But make NO MISTAKE - he has scored as many EPL goals than these FOUR combined.

And we are meme-frontline :D ?

Not to mention Slabhead and When-you-get-Pep-from-Wish-baldy ?!?

EDIT: not saying that we are guaranteed to win or anything. We have to still perform very well in this one, no doubt. But just from the-meem-material point of view - they are 10x more memic then us. Literally THIRD OF A BILLION poured into the frontline that has 6 goals between themselves ...

Last edited:

View: https://youtu.be/MhYspWyeRE8?si=11EX8Lx05A4H9pwn

This was last season, I remember we setup in the 5-3-2 and were absolutely horrible. Utd got so much joy because they kept switch the ball to the wings and keep getting overloads on our full backs and pulled our team apart - they ended having 28 shots on out goal.

First time I started to doubt Conte cause he didn't change anything when we were being cooked.

Seriously?

SERIOUSLY? :D

OUR FRONT LINE is memes?
Not like... 95-mil-1-goal-Anthony?
Not like...75-mil-better-signing-then-Kane-1 goal- Hjojlund?
Not like...50-mil-ages-ago-should-I-stay-or-should-I-go-Martial?
Not like.... englands-generational-talent-Barcelona-wants-him-3-goals-Rashford?

I mean Werner did not live up to expectations in Chelsea, sure.
But with first half of his first EPL season he was on 4 goals + 5 assists (!) Hjojlund sits on 1+0 right now.
So whowever you look, Hjojlund is 4x (if not 9x) as meme as Werner ever was.

Sure, we need better than Richie in the long term. But make NO MISTAKE - he has scored as many EPL goals than these FOUR combined.

And we are meme-frontline :D ?

Not to mention Slabhead and When-you-get-Pep-from-Wish-baldy ?!?

EDIT: not saying that we are guaranteed to win or anything. We have to still perform very well in this one, no doubt. But just from the-meem-material point of view - they are 10x more memic then us. Literally THIRD OF A BILLION poured into the frontline that has 6 goals between themselves ...

I never said they weren’t shit. Their forwards have been awful, their goal record is one of the worst in the league. We may as well be comparing ourselves to Luton.

That doesn’t erase the question marks over Richi and Werner. They both have everything to prove, Richi was so bad against Burnley that we almost had to have a replay. He has to play much better on Sunday.

Liverpool couldn't beat them and that was with Salah, without Son our attack is nothing special. We all saw how Richi played against Burnley last week. We need him to step up big time and put chances away. Otherwise we will struggle to beat anybody.

Every time we play without Son in the starting XI, the opponent will fancy their chances.

United lost 7-0 Vs Liverpool last time out and put everyone behind the ball to get a 0-0 this time.
Pathetic tbh and shows how far they have fallen.
I can't see them doing the same against us, they'll be more open and both teams will have chances.

My concern with United, is we quite often catch them on a good day.

Romero/Dragon + VDV will be game changing for us and should make us much more solid with Bentancur in front.

Vicario
Porro -- Romero -- VDV -- Udogie
Bentancur
PEH -- Kulu
Johnson -- Rich -- Werner
I don't think we have any real options other than the team above.
Romero or Dragusin hopefully make it.
Kulu needs to be the 10 with Gio out as we won't have Skipp and PEH in the same midfield. I hope the latter is the one to get the nod.

Really leaves nothing off the bench with Veliz out as well.

Our front 3 are all hit and miss so this result will be down to whichever version of them show up.
Agree. If we have Romero and VDV then I'm pretty confident we can win this. A point is a not a disaster here, but we have the team to win. What's the likelihood of Romero being back? Suddenly having those two back will be massive for the confidence.

With Romero & VDV back for this game and Biss & Sarr at the AFCON, I’d like to see Dragusin start as the DM - if only just to let him have a feel of the PL. If he makes any mistakes, Romero or VDV can sweep up.

The highlight for me would be to see how his acquaintance with Bruno Fernandez turns out .

This was last season, I remember we setup in the 5-3-2 and were absolutely horrible. Utd got so much joy because they kept switch the ball to the wings and keep getting overloads on our full backs and pulled our team apart - they ended having 28 shots on out goal.

First time I started to doubt Conte cause he didn't change anything when we were being cooked.

Insane watching that back now and seeing the difference in the team. Obviously it's just highlights but it shows how fucking passive we were in defence, deep line, sitting off. Thank fuck for Ange.

I never said they weren’t shit. Their forwards have been awful, their goal record is one of the worst in the league. We may as well be comparing ourselves to Luton.

That doesn’t erase the question marks over Richi and Werner. They both have everything to prove, Richi was so bad against Burnley that we almost had to have a replay. He has to play much better on Sunday.

Agreed.
But my point is - ManU players are even worse.

And they don't have one of EPL top scorers returning from international duty anytime soon :D .

With Romero & VDV back for this game and Biss & Sarr at the AFCON, I’d like to see Dragusin start as the DM - if only just to let him have a feel of the PL. If he makes any mistakes, Romero or VDV can sweep up.

The highlight for me would be to see how his acquaintance with Bruno Fernandez turns out .

Yea, sure.
Let's throw in a new player...
In to new league...
And new position...
Important in the new system for the player...

What a wonderful idea that is (Y) :ange-facepalm:

Look how slow Dier is to turn / cover Rashford on the that Rashford shot (second shot in the clip).

Back
Top Bottom