January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thing is, if we don't sign him, there's a good chance a team that is our rival does and he becomes a reason why that team progresses.

Swings and roundabouts. We need to think about helping ourselves first, and how we help others last.
Chelsea could well take the transfer fee and spend on an absolute donkey for all you know.
I am very much in favour of talent being "spread around."
We need the like of Aston Villa and Newcastle and others being capable of beating City and/or Liverpool or we and other clubs will never have any chance of winning the EPL.

the ffp thing is just a bonus to not wanting him. He’s just not that good. If Chelsea really rated him as well, they wouldn’t be looking for interest, they would offer him a suitable contact and find the money elsewhere.

Not might claim he is a Chelski fan and he wants to play for Chelski. Of course, he is a professional but he will be affected if he is sold against his will. But that may also spur him on to prove Chelski (if he is sold). Of course, one may wonder what's his reasons are for not renewing his contract is. Isn't he happy with the present offer so he want to leave or is he using Spurs interest as a leverage for a better contract 🤔
However, if Angelos & Paratici really wants him then he'll of course have my backing. And I don't give darn if it helps Chelski really. But I do wonder why so few clubs are after him? But then again, the same may be said about Dragusin & Werner...

Gallagher is from a family of Chelsea fans and is a product of the club’s academy.
Dragusin had 3 suitors, us, BM and Napoli, not to mention that Genoa wanted him to sign a new contract.

Werner, by all accounts, had a number of interested parties. However, he made his decision within minutes of AP talking to him.

I suspect that any other parties interested in Gallagher are likely waiting to see what we screw Chelsea down to, if we even put in a bid, to see if they could potentially hijack the move.

It does seem strange that there's no noise about anyone else being interested though.

Gooood morning everybody!!!

So, what are you ladies fighting about today then??

Melissa Mccarthy Fight GIF by Saturday Night Live
I asked a question about a footballer. Nobody wanted to answer. I tried to have a bit of the craic.

the ffp thing is just a bonus to not wanting him. He’s just not that good. If Chelsea really rated him as well, they wouldn’t be looking for interest, they would offer him a suitable contact and find the money elsewhere.

They're only looking to sell because he counts as 100% profit for FFP reasons. Not because they want to...

If they were to sell someone like Mudryk for example. They would have to factor in his 8 year deal and all the money they owe to Shakhtar. Doesn't really help them out financially.

Him signing a new deal makes it even harder for them to sell him... And they have no one else worth selling for pure profit besides perhaps James but no one is spending big bucks on a player who can't keep fit for more than half a game.

Hes their captain and plays every single week. Of course they fucking rate him.

I like Gallagher. He'd be unreal under Ange and in this particular system. But the more I look at it, the more I simply don't want to help Chelsea out.

They're only looking to sell because he counts as 100% profit for FFP reasons. Not because they want to...

If they were to sell someone like Mudryk for example. They would have to factor in his 8 year deal and all the money they owe to Shakhtar. Doesn't really help them out financially.

Him signing a new deal makes it even harder for them to sell him... And they have no one else worth selling for pure profit besides perhaps James but no one is spending big bucks on a player who can't keep fit for more than half a game.

Hes their captain and plays every single week. Of course they fucking rate him.

I like Gallagher. He'd be unreal under Ange and in this particular system. But the more I look at it, the more I simply don't want to help Chelsea out.

They had a long queue forming for Colwill in the summer. He'd get a higher price than Gallagher most likely but they don't want to sell him.

They clearly do want to sell Gallagher and are trying to create the best market possible for their asset.

If Chelsea are desperate to sell him off before his contract runs out, they would have to lower the fee. I don’t see any club desperate enough , and with the financial means , to pay £50m or more for him this TW without breaking FFP.

Levy has got them by the cojones. If he comes, it’d be a lot less than £50m.

Ok

But there was competition for both signings. We have no idea how many other clubs were interested but weren't encouraged to even bother trying.

I'm sure Accrington Stanley were interested in Werner on loan to help their League 2 push but found the wages to be a stumbling block,
That may well be - not all interested clubs are necessary mentioned in the press.
Well, I heard that Dragsuin choose Spurs of Accrington because they did not have any good Rubik cubers to challenge him - unlike Spurs, when they signed Werner :cool:

Besides, Dragusin did put off by this advert about Accrington because of...

Accrington Stanley, Who Are They? - Wikipedia

Advert​

The advert features two young Liverpool fans. One tells the other that Liverpool's then-star striker Ian Rush had told him that if he didn't drink milk, he would only be good enough to play for Accrington Stanley. The other fan asks, “Accrington Stanley, who are they?”, to which the first replies, “Exactly.”[3] According to Rice, Tottenham Hotspur were originally going to be named. However, Tottenham objected, so Accrington Stanley were chosen instead, [6] as they were a non-League team at the time,[6] and were thought of as a more obscure team.[7] David Lloyd, a non-executive director of Accrington Stanley, said in an interview in 2012 that the advert earned the club £10,000.[8]

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPFrTBppRfw

Last edited:
If Chelsea are desperate to sell him off before his contract runs out, they would have to lower the fee. I don’t see any club desperate enough , and with the financial means , to pay £50m or more for him this TW without breaking FFP.

Levy has got them by the cojones. If he comes, it’d be a lot less than £50m.

Ball is in our court and we can leave it late to work the best deal in our favour

That may well be - not all interested clubs are necessary mentioned in the press.
Well, I heard that Dragsuin choose Spurs of Accrington because they did not have any good Rubik cubers to challenge him - unlike Spurs, when they signed Werner :cool:

His priority Q's in order were:

1. Do you have anyone that thinks they are faster than me at Rubiks? I must beat them. I love challenges.

2. As you can see I have man bun, does anyone else here play Hacky Sack? I am best in all Romania at Hacky Sack.

3. How good are the Romanian restaurants in London?

4. Do you think Van de Ven is more beautiful than me?

5. How much will I be paid?

I dont think so. They're completely batshit and just want money for another shiny new toy. A player with 18 months on his contract who doesnt look like signing a new one and who is homegrown has them scrabbling around to sell.

Pretty much everyone else there has only just arrived and they wont get close to their money back, never mind the fat 7 or 8 year contracts the players will be happy to sit on.

Back
Top Bottom