January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Surely there's no chance of getting him from the chavs without paying a significant premium?
They're not exactly in the driver's seat, though. He hasn't signed a new contract (which I don't blame him, as he's 3rd/4th choice and is playing only due to injuries) and he'll have one year left in the summer. If we wait until the summer and his contract situation hasn't changed, I wouldn't be surprised if he was available for £40ish million.

Jeez Louise SC have their begging bowl out again. Because the club have signed a player the members are being marched to the bank to donate. Apparently it costs 5k a year to run SC and a lot of the affiliations are not earning them money anymore 😭

I said earlier I bet they’d do that today. It’s so fucking transparent.

edit: fuck me I’ve just read the thread with people donating. Its absolutely fucking bizarre.

Last edited:
#thfc will work on signing a central midfielder now that their priority targets at centre-back and a forward have been signed. The club will enquire about Connor Gallagher and his contract situation at Chelsea. The other midfield targets include Morten Frendrup, Bryan Cristante and Hayden Hackney. [Dean Jones]

Re Frendrup, he was the other player mentioned back in November 2022 that we were looking at in the article I just posted in the Dragusin thread.

So the defence has been reshaped! Now it’s time for the midfield. At this moment in time, I’d like to see something like this by the end of the Summer window:

Hojbjerg, Lo Celso, Skipp out

One of Gallagher, Eze, or Morgan Gibbs-White in

One or two of Alex Scott, Adam Wharton, Archie Gray, Angel Gomes, or Hayden Hackney in

Homegrown issues would be massively eased while signing quality players for both the present and future. It’s time we had more good English players at the club. The fact that Maddison is the only good one right now is a joke.

I would still like to see another CB to replace Dier, then we're covered at the back.
We have 2 out-and-out CBs in Cuti and Radu, a CB in VdV that can also play at LB, and a RB and LB that can fill in quite adequately at CB. I think we're good on the CB front.

Vicario16.5Mundle0.5
Maddison40Winks10
Kane100
White0
Sanchez9
Paskotski0.5
Phillips2
van de Ven30
Veliz13
Brennan45
Vuskovic12
Werner0
Dragusin21.5
Bought158.5Sold120
This really depends on how you count Kulu and Porro who were loan options picked up. Porro being mandatory.
If you count them as previously available and therefore not included in spend then should you include Udogie who wasn’t available to prior managers (and is clearly a difference maker).
Semantics really.
We’ve clearly backed Ange and closed the loop on the most glaring weakness from summer IF Dragusin performs.
Pretty amazing to be where we are given the absences.

As you mentioned transparency, if they are takings 1000 of pounds of people in yearly “donations “to covers “costs” shouldn’t they publish their accounts?

one of the posts, which I can only assume is a burner account:

“£50 in. Dip into your pockets everybody, this place is worth every penny.“

I will stop now because it’s off topic but I just don’t like to see fellow spurs fans getting ripped off even if they are immensely stupid.

Yes they generally run the club very well, with some bad decisions thrown in (appointing Terry Neill, selling Pat Jennings) but from late 70's they had the foresight to stick with Burkinshaw despite relegation, sign Ardiles and Villa while the rest of the football world didnt have the vision, knew we were still short up front so signed the best we could get in Archibald and Crooks.

We had a brilliant scouting system with Tony Galvin, Graham Roberts, Gary Mabbutt all signed from non or lower leagues and youth set up (Hoddle, Perryman, Falco, Miller, Hazard, Hughton, Brooke).

Those cup wins weren't luck but the culmination of a few years of great decisions on the footballing side
Same ownership to which you refer nearly drove us bankrupt. Needed Sugar to bail us out of financial oblivion.

This really depends on how you count Kulu and Porro who were loan options picked up. Porro being mandatory.
If you count them as previously available and therefore not included in spend then should you include Udogie who wasn’t available to prior managers (and is clearly a difference maker).
Semantics really.
We’ve clearly backed Ange and closed the loop on the most glaring weakness from summer IF Dragusin performs.
Pretty amazing to be where we are given the absences.
The Kulusevski transfer was not a loan option.

Back
Top Bottom