January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's really hard to believe it's only 6 months since Ange arrived.

From finishing 8th, absolute dross football. Conte, Stellini, Mason.

There was nothing to be hopeful about at that stage. Seems a lifetime ago.

To this.

Effective, entertaining football.
Players desperate to play for us.
Beating the world's biggest clubs to signings.

Thank you Ange.
Thank you Don Fab. You have officially overseen the rebuild in spectacular fashion.
And credit to Levy for hiring them.

He is essentially just doing his job
reveals united GIF

I think it's time for an apology, once again you doubted the great man but as per usual, King Levy has pulled through yet again! 💪 💪💪💪

You all called threw your go karts out the stadium, you all wet your beds, smashed your keyboards like cats

Work From Home Cat GIF by JustViral

Attended your online protests in your masses BUT you didn't BELIEVE

Trust in the man, the myth, the legend - Daniel Philip Levy!

Can we please have an apology to the great man, the man who is responsible for the club we are today, the man who is

And all you lot can get it to

TomHotspur TomHotspur
ThePreacher ThePreacher
Ex Park Lane....
Ed Vanderlay
Zomb
Archie Archie
Deuterz Deuterz
Gazzapen Gazzapen
MVP MVP
Doom Funk Doom Funk
thinktank thinktank
skywalker68
ElTel
Distaste for scouse Distaste for scouse

DLAF.jpg

No need to reply to me, just fill the form out and submit it to me, you will remain anonymous, thank you.
^^ This post has small dick energy....

My position has never changed, Levy will get a well done from me when/if this club starts winning silverware on the regular again, and only then.
He's already had a well done from me over the stadium back when it was finished, but now he has to win trophies. No more excuses from people like you. If we fail this time you have to finally hold your hands up and admit you were wrong.

As for this window as I already stated I'm happy with the Werner signing and was hopeful if we addressed the gaping hole at CB that would represent a decent window and maybe we could compete back half the season when the injured players return.
It took him a while but he finally got a CB over the line. Now we have to wait and see if he's actually a decent footballer.

I hope he turns out to be the next VVD and pilots us back into the CL and maybe even a cheeky FA cup win this season.

But a word of caution to the giddy.... one of the life lessions Supporting Spurs has taught me is not to blow your load early.
A lesson you clearly still need to learn.

My position has never changed, Levy will get a well done from me when/if this club starts winning silverware on the regular again, and only then.
He's already had a well done from me over the stadium back when it was finished, but now he has to win trophies. No more excuses from people like you. If we fail this time you have to finally hold your hands up and admit you were wrong.

As for this window as I already stated I'm happy with the Werner signing and was hopeful if we addressed the gaping hole at CB that would represent a decent window and maybe we could compete back half the season when the injured players return.
It took him a while but he finally got a CB over the line. Now we have to wait and see if he's actually a decent footballer.

I hope he turns out to be the next VVD and pilots us back into the CL and maybe even a cheeky FA cup win this season.

But a word of caution to the giddy.... one of the life lessions Supporting Spurs has taught me is not to blow your load early.

Bin voted. I strongly suggest you watch how you speak to people, boy.

Got it? Good.

Could it be that we are in the league with the stiffest competition for success, not to mention City who have found a cheatcode.

The one thing that our publicly listed accounts show year on year is that our ownership has not withdrawn funds from the club. Their ENIC empire may be growing and it may be faster than the football club but it isn't with funds from the club.
You clearly do not understand finance.

The FC belongs to......? ENIC + Levy. The Football team is only a portion of the FC finance.

Let's take Woolwich. Hypothetically speaking, let's say the value of the club is 10 billion. An amount 2 billion gets invested to Emirates Stadium, increasing cost but thereby increasing Asset Value, to not 12 billion but to 14 billion (If you don't live in cave, youll know fixed property escalates in value. And if you know property, you'll know Good renovation mostly increases value with more than the renovation cost). They invested the extra wealth into new players because they value winning.

Now if you have a Football Team worth 10 billion and you invest 2 billion into players, if you are extremely lucky or wise, the team will probably valued at very little more, say 10.2 Billion (Just look at how Gil, Ndombele, Spence, Winks...... Depreciated in value). Football players are not necessarily a cash cow. The better they play the higher salaries the players demand. We don't pay that much in salaries (Compared to other top 4), so if we finish top 4 our earnings is almost similar to that City but our players costed us way less. Why do you think we almost get to winning but we don't.

Furthermore older more experienced players are generally a liability. They start loosing value but their wages increases especially when bought at their peak. Levy doesn't operate like this. He buys young in the hope improvement. The youngsters cost less and earn less. They have to still prove themselves and are able to increase their values. This Levy Likes, hence our squad is what it is. Hence he didn't mind loosing Kane.

So when idiots like yourself say the TFC has increased in value, Yes it has. Since Levy is the owner, he is now richer. However the Football team, clearly has not seen the Growth. I hope you wake up someday. Until them I'll stand alone and say, "LEVY and ENIC OUT!".

We don’t need a PEH replacement. We need an 8 and the ITK says we are looking for an 8 type. Eze much better 8 than Gallagher who’s fundamentally just another Rice or PEH with better lungs.

The thing with Eze is, he fills two remits , one as an eight and one as a wide forward, who can also dribble at people, again, another function, where lacking.

Mate; with CP as our only real top level yardstick; he's more of a 10 (or winger) than an 8......

Accepting the fact that Ange is playing with 3 different strains of MFs that despite formation, still largely adheres to the functions of 6, 8 & 10s.... Until Ange shows that he's keen to play 2 x attacking MFs then we shouldn't be re-balancing squad options.

Currently Eze would clearly occupy the same 10-ish pool as Madz, GLCV & Kulu; not the more grafty 6 & 8-ish pool which PEH would be vacating.

And he’s HG. With a great attitude by all accounts.

Not disputing anything of that nature........ I'd happily see him in our ranks.

Yeah there's been many studies proving the "i'll be happy when... or when I get..." premise is outdated unfulfilling.

It's really hard to believe it's only 6 months since Ange arrived.

From finishing 8th, absolute dross football. Conte, Stellini, Mason.

There was nothing to be hopeful about at that stage. Seems a lifetime ago.

To this.

Effective, entertaining football.
Players desperate to play for us.
Beating the world's biggest clubs to signings.

Thank you Ange.
Thank you Don Fab. You have officially overseen the rebuild in spectacular fashion.
And credit to Levy for hiring them.

Nice to hear that Lange is already mucking in and getting his hands dirty at action end of the Dragusin deal too.

choices eh? still work to be done but blooming heck then!

porro, royal, udogie, sessegnon

romero, dragusin, van de ven, davies

sarr, bentancur, lo celso, maddison, bissouma, kulusevski

johnson, solomon, richarlison, werner, son, dave

So we don't praise Ange when we win, or any players when they score or play well because they're just doing their job then?
Pretty sure there are plenty of players over the years who got dogs abuse and very little praise and quite a few managers as well . Eric Dier has been slaughtered way more than he was ever praised at his peak , he is the most recent example

Just asking for my club to do what it did on the regular before the current ownership took over, that's all.

Why should I be impressed with less?

Our previous owner was Alan Sugar and we were firmly rooted to mid table and going nowhere fast, if you want to get back to what the club was doing before ENIC took over then be my guest, suggest you'd probably be on your own though.

Pretty sure there are plenty of players over the years who got dogs abuse and very little praise and quite a few managers as well . Eric Dier has been slaughtered way more than he was ever praised at his peak , he is the most recent example

And he's been praised when he's played well, the point being is that no-one would ever say that they're just doing their job when it comes to players/managers so why is the same thing said when it comes to chairman?

What's more folk here praise other club's owners for 'showing ambition' or whatever but I've never heard people say they're just doing their job, make it make sense.

Back
Top Bottom