Radu Dragusin

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What a beautiful bit of news. I have to admit that when I heard Bayern had come in to disrupt the deal at the 11th hour I never expected we'd get him. Historically, we never would have.

Call it the Ange effect, we've got a manager people want to play for and feel that Spurs will be good for their career. It's a far cry from Jose and Conte.

One thing I was ruminating over was what this does for our standing as a club in Europe. To have a highly rated player choose us over Bayern might just open the eyes of a few players out there. At the very least it would intrigue any player as to what we are about.

It wouldn't surprise me if we have a lot more players looking at us as a serious option if we were to come calling.

The more I think about it, the more I feel that his choice could have some real positive knock on effects for us when it comes to a player's choice.
It is quite something. Offered c2x the cash at Bayern and said no. For them it is a total humbling. Achtung!

Apparently Real, City and Liverpool were also in for him!

Got a feeling in my waters about this bloke. He's going to become a Spurs legend.
ice cream GIF

Hey look, if Ange wanted him then I’ll leave it to his judgement. He knows better. I will say though this guy has only really played consistently for a half season of football. He’s played more senior games in the last 6 months than all his games prior, combined. Juve also sold him for a few quid a couple of months ago so Genoa are probably very happy with the ROI. And let’s face it, did anyone know of this guy before we were linked with him?

Could turn out to be a risky signing but hey, it’s in a position we need strengthening and Ange appears to have sanctioned it. He’s also very young

First of all -
Not true. He started EVERY SINGLE game in Serie B for Genoa last season.
Thats right- he played senior football for whole season without missing a single game.

Sure, Serie B is not Premier League or nowhere close, but it is not U18 league either.
Across Serie B, Serie A so far this season, Italian Cup games and his international games, he has 75 games from Aug 2022 to now. If you ask me, that might rather be too much rather than too little.

Second of all -
On top of that he has 13 senior caps for Romania.
Out of which 10 (!) were EURO2024 qualifiers.
From which they got ZERO DEFEATS from 10 games
Radu played 90 minutes in ALL of those
They kept 6 (!) clean sheets, conceded 1x in 3 games and only one time conceded 2 goals
As a result they topped their group and secured place in EURO2024 with some buffer

Sure, the group was not the strongest - they beat Switzerland, Israel, Belarus, Kosovo and Andorra, but you also have to keep in mind, he is 21 yo which is very young for CB.

Third of all -
Well, read again first two points for a start.
And then think, if that is not promising for a young centerback?
And then think, if he goes through whole season in Serie B, then Serie A, Euro qualifiers and Euro2024 tournament and keeps up such performance levels... what would his price be then?
I would assume we are talking about at least 50 mil.
So I'd say we snapped up very promising CB as soon as we could.

Fourth of all -

It is not all about Ange judgement. It was Paratici who initially was behind his transfer to Juventus.
He has been aware of his career,
developement, charecter and everything for 4,5 years now.
He has also been behind signings from Serie A like... Vicario, Udogie, Romero, Bentancur, Kulusevski.

If those four points don't give you confidence, I don't know what does.
None of that guarantees that he will be a major success for us. These things are never really granted.
But there are LOTS of reasons to be optimistic in my view :) .

Last edited:
Haven't followed the transfer thread, but just wanted to pop in to see how all you melts and Levy haters are doing? I'm guessing there was plenty of "fucking Levy bald bastard penny-pinching again and sabotaging Ange; he only cares about the money."

When will you guys learn?
It wasn’t bad until about the 3rd of January then it started 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Going over his clips - thing I most like about him is he appears to be a very 'clean' defender.

Effective and keeps things simple.

Hopefully the exact solidity we need to add to our CB depth.

Might need a bit of time to settle into Ange-ball, but feel positive he'll be very good for us.

One thing I was ruminating over was what this does for our standing as a club in Europe. To have a highly rated player choose us over Bayern might just open the eyes of a few players out there. At the very least it would intrigue any player as to what we are about.

It wouldn't surprise me if we have a lot more players looking at us as a serious option if we were to come calling.

The more I think about it, the more I feel that his choice could have some real positive knock on effects for us when it comes to a player's choice.

I know it’s Bayern but I’d question any player that wouldn’t want to play in the PL right now. It’s where it’s at. The level is unbelievably high in most of the top games, champions league level. I know Kane went there but that’s different. While we are a big draw, so is the league (and of course London’s Romanian restaurants).

Back
Top Bottom