January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No risk loan for Werner not a bad gamble for a Jan window, not many players about that teams will part with and he is unequivocally a better player than Gil. Probably won't start when our full contingent is back but he's pacey and offers a different option from the bench, something we are sorely lacking in the front 3 atm with Solomon still injured.

I suspect we're gonna do at most 2 permanent deals, probably a CB and seems to me like Ange wants to go a different route than Skipp/Hoj as backup in the 6 slot if the interest in Gallagher is anything to go by.
I guess he would be taking minutes from Solomon. Hard to say if that is a good thing or not. It does put a big question mark over Sessegnon though.

Just looking at his Chelsea stats:

21/22
2219 minutes played (25 games)
11 goals
6 asissts
Goal or assist every 1.4 games

20/21
3832 minutes (43 games)
12 goals
15 assists
Goal or assist every 1.7 games

So that's 44 goal involvements in what's about the equivalent of 67 games.. Giving him a record of a goal or assist every 1.5 games...

That's really......not as bad as I thought 😂😂
That’s what I’m saying.

It tells me that he also got himself in loads of scoring positions if he managed to miss enough to get his rep.

That’s not 100% bad either.

He probably doesn’t play when Son returns but this is a decent solution imo

:levystare:"Timo Werner on a 6 month loan, Ange..........You like?"

Gun-to-your-head.jpg
It’s funny how you always back our managers against levy but when quotes of them being happy with a signing or happy with levy comes out it doesn’t suit your agenda so they must be lying.

Tiresome stuff. It really is

When Chelsea bought him I thought they had hit the jackpot. He seemed perfect for the Premier League.

Liverpool wanted him too didn’t they, but as usual, Chelsea did their thing. That was at a time when Liverpool were scouting well using data under Edwards so Werner must tick some of those boxes. Trouble is, the PL record but I didn’t really pay enough attention to him or really watch him at Chelsea. So it’s hard to know really. It’s low risk though.

21/22
11 goals
6 asissts

20/21
3832 minutes (43 games)
12 goals
15 assists

So that's 44 goal involvements in what's about the equivalent of 67 games.. Giving him a record of a goal or assist every 1.5 games...

Good post.

21/22
11 goals
6 asissts

20/21
3832 minutes (43 games)
12 goals
15 assists

ALL ABOARD THE TIMO CHOO CHOO!

Back
Top Bottom