Spurs vs Fulham (a) 04.12.13

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Danny Rose would make Chadli far more dangerous.
Piennar struggled with us and he's a great player, similar to Chadli in a lot of ways, just has limitations when he hasn't got a marauding left back bombing past him.
Our system doesn't work down the left without Rose.
Not doing a disservice to Vertonghen, he's fantastic, just in more of a Corluka way than a Walker.
Thought Vertonghen handled Valencia well also, only twice in the first half did Valencia beat him but he controlled him the 2nd half imo, the difference in pace was evident but Vertonghen marshalled him:vert:

I'll be at the Cottage, so the boys better put in a good performance.

Assuming Rose is still unfit/dead -

Lloris

Walker Kaboul Chiriches Verts

Sandro Dembélé Paulinho (and play the same way as they did against Utd - 1 dropping in, 2 pushing up)

Lennon Soldado Lamela

Get me some goals boys.

Now everybodies on the 433 train that I was getting slagged by some for last week lol I'd like to see

[formation="4123, Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Vlad, Verts, Sandro, Paulinho, Dembele, Lamela, Soldado, Chadli"][/formation]

Now everybodies on the 433 train that I was getting slagged by some for last week lol I'd like to see

[formation="4123, Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Vlad, Verts, Sandro, Paulinho, Dembele, Lamela, Soldado, Chadli"][/formation]
Lennon in for Chadli and swap around with Lamela - and we're rocking

Lennon in for Chadli and swap around with Lamela - and we're rocking

Nah, Chadli was better than Lennon last match for me and I want Lamela on the right as that's were he's at his best drifting in

plus this is Fulham at home we need goals and Lennon has very few of them in him were as Lamela is a proper goal threat cutting in on his left

Nah, Chadli was better than Lennon last match for me and I want Lamela on the right as that's were he's at his best drifting in

plus this is Fulham at home we need goals and Lennon has very few of them in him were as Lamela is a proper goal threat cutting in on his left
I don't have an issue with Lamela starting - my argument is to exploit Lennon's pace against their ageing defence - Chadli is more suited against stronger opponents where we need to maintain physical presence in the middle

I don't have an issue with Lamela starting - my argument is to exploit Lennon's pace against their ageing defence - Chadli is more suited against stronger opponents where we need to maintain physical presence in the middle

I'm of the opinion Lennon is more suited to stronger opponents were his defensive work is needed and Lamela aint slow either. In home matches like this against vastly inferior opposition I want Lamela in his best position. This lot are going to be camped in bus parked play for a draw wank football. There's going to be very little space to exploit in behind their defense so we need as many skilled dribbling creative players who can open them up or shoot skillfully as possible. Chadli for me too has the ability on the left to go inside or out and again has a far better shot and passing range and delivery than Lennon who can run really fast and cut the ball back well at times.

I agree and disagree to your post, wish I could click both.

Chadli was much better than Lennon against United for a longer period of time, that was on his broadened game, both attacking and defending.

However, I believe we should give Lamela a start against a supposed inferier opposition. I would also like to play natural wingers on their correct foot to stretch the inevitable bus being parked, I don't see another way to break them down.

So, playing Lennon on the right, taking him off between half time and 60minutes as he doesn't look fully fit yet. Then, on the left playing Lamela on his stronger foot so we stretch the pitch and create space. Worst case scenario we switch them round and invert them every now and then, keep everything unpredictable.

This way I believe we're on target to bang in a couple or three goals.

I'm of the opinion Lennon is more suited to stronger opponents were his defensive work is needed and Lamela aint slow either. In home matches like this against vastly inferior opposition I want Lamela in his best position. This lot are going to be camped in bus parked play for a draw wank football. There's going to be very little space to exploit in behind their defense so we need as many skilled dribbling creative players who can open them up or shoot skillfully as possible. Chadli for me too has the ability on the left to go inside or out and again has a far better shot and passing range and delivery than Lennon who can run really fast and cut the ball back well at times.
This is not a home match, though - we're playing at the Cottage against a team fighting for relegation - they'll come at us and Lennon's pace can hit them on the break with venom, imv.

As for little space behind their defence - mate, have you been watching Fulham this season - they have Senderos (!) as one of their regular CBs and are leaking goals from everywhere (around 2 per game on average).

I still maintain that Chadli up to now hasn't proven in a single aspect to be superior to Lennon's bar perhaps physical presence

Last edited:
I still maintain that Chadli up to now hasn't proven in a single aspect to be superior to Lennon's bar perhaps physical presence

It is the Cottage aint it lol, tbh it really shouldn't matter what combo we go for as we should rip this lot a new one. I still very much doubt they'll be coming at us though. As far as Chadli and Lennon go I think he's already demonstrated he's got a far better shot, better crossing ability and passing. Pretty much he's a better alround player for me and worked well with Verts on the left so I wouldn't change that. For me it's either Lamela or Lennon on the right, I'm not a fan of Lamela on the left at all, for me it reeks of trying to turn a cultured creative attacking player into an old skool English winger. You'll never see me put Lamela on the left and I very much doubt his future with us is there.

We are the only team with 1 position that is low on depth that would get a long term injury there.

I mean why couldn't a center mid get injured?

And why would Hugo make his most rash clearance to the one side most likely to punish us.... and why did Krul have a blinder and why......

We are Tottenham........ SUPER TOTTENHAM

Anything other than a win and we can say goodbye to Champions league next season.

I kinda know what you're saying... 'mentally' it would be damaging to not win a game against a team in such bad form, and that's where we've slipped up in the past.... Everyone ELSE seems to be beating them, why can't we? ...But if we win, it sets a marker that THESE types of games are either gonna go Spursy, or we take it in our stride, win and win well, and move onto the next one!
Thass what CL teams do isn't it?

Besides, we owe them for last season at the Lane.... That defeat was the turning point that really set the tone for the end of the season I think.

Back
Top Bottom