Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Isn't it about time that Levy got the stadium naming rights sorted out? Seems like we're losing potential income.
When he was asked that question in the fan forum/echo chamber, Levy said he felt the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium brand was working well and that there weren't any sponsorship deals on the table that would make losing that brand status worthwhile.

He basically said if the right deal came along he would look into it but it doesn't seem to be a massive priority to him. That's fine with me. I'm in no hurry to start calling our home the Panasonic Arena or whatever. I like the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. The gooners and Man City can keep their stupid airline names.

When he was asked that question in the fan forum/echo chamber, Levy said he felt the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium brand was working well and that there weren't any sponsorship deals on the table that would make losing that brand status worthwhile.

He basically said if the right deal came along he would look into it but it doesn't seem to be a massive priority to him. That's fine with me. I'm in no hurry to start calling our home the Panasonic Arena or whatever. I like the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. The gooners and Man City can keep their stupid airline names.
Yeah well there are some stupid names about, apparently Covernty's stadium is called ''The Coventry Building Society Arena''.

Well yeah so you get say a 3 year deal which would pay for a decent player.

Not really how it works

We make £15m every 2 and a half games at our home ground, that's what the stadium was built for not for some poxy naming rights, naming rights benefits our sponsor more than us.

Besides all that keeping the stadium name brings value to the club through brand marketing, our stadium is famous for Sports events and concerts, Tottenham is seen as a brand than just a football club.

Not really how it works

We make £15m every 2 and a half games at our home ground, that's what the stadium was built for not for some poxy naming rights, naming rights benefits our sponsor more than us.

Besides all that keep the stadium name as it brings value to the club through brand marketing, our stadium is famous for Sports events and concerts, Tottenham is seen as a brand than just a football club.
So we're sponsering ourselves.

So we're sponsering ourselves.

Essentially but we don't see an instant revenue, we instead are likely to grow our global audience or put more eyes on the club outside football etc... If anything you're likely to attract a sponsor who will pay more because our brand has matured over time so by playing the long game we are benefitting from it especially for a stadium used for a host of other events.

Give me the Amazon Arena or Prime Palace :nunothumb:

Give me the Amazon Arena or Prime Palace :nunothumb:
Companies like Amazon who are ubiquitous derive practically no value from naming rights. If we were to sell the rights, it'd most likely be to AIA or similar - someone with a marketable financial/insurance product to sell whose brand isn't so well known.

Long live Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. Let's just go back to commonly refering to it as White Hart Lane until it sticks.

How about the Ryanair stadium?

Companies like Amazon who are ubiquitous derive practically no value from naming rights. If we were to sell the rights, it'd most likely be to AIA or similar - someone with a marketable financial/insurance product to sell whose brand isn't so well known.

Long live Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. Let's just go back to commonly refering to it as White Hart Lane until it sticks.
Average tv audiences of over 17 million per NFL game. Not bad advertising really!

Back
Top Bottom