Brighton vs Tottenham Hotspur (A) - Thursday 28th December 19:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We have so much pace everywhere but look so slow. We need to utilise it more but the players must want to run into space rather than pass constantly
To me its a confidence / mentality thing. Maddison has the confidence to just do what he does, we are missing him hugely.

Not that I want to bring it up, but a certain H. Kane doesnt piss about with the ball flicking it left or right to anyone else, he hits it first time so the oppo dont have a chance to set themselves - or at least shifts the ball and his body to create space to shoot. We dont have that clinical, assertive finisher anymore, everyone wants to pass the buck on to the next guy, which is bizarre when the football being played to GET us in that position to shoot in the first place is pretty damn good

Last edited:
We have so much pace everywhere but look so slow. We need to utilise it more but the players must want to run into space rather than pass constantly

That’s true but all too often our first touch was off or our decision making was wrong

We were poor but still should have won

They were shitting themselves after our second!

No I agree, he is a decent right back no more no less but in the last 2 weeks he is playing left back and now CB. The club and the player strategy are to blame for the loss today and a few losses this season.
It’s a new team and a new start and a much as it pains me to say it, ENIC deserve a bit of slack as I believe they have re aligned us on the right track and it’s impossible to do it all in 1 transfers window
I see what you are saying. But tomorrow never comes.
I would have accepted Phillips instead of Royal tonight.
He is our reserve RB. He ain't a CB.

Ankle was heavily strapped. Think he’s carrying an injury.
Then he shouldn't have started.

We can't afford players playing with injuries when our defence is so depleted.

Relentless attack then becomes or best defence and we need for players for that.

Not injured players who disappeared for large chunks of the game.

I don’t mind Ange’s insistence on sticking steadfastly to his principles and ideals this season as part of instilling our new culture and identity. But I do worry that in certain future circumstances, cup semi finals, critical league matches etc, our refusal to be pragmatic could cost us. All top winning teams have had cynical pragmatism in their armoury.

Terrible today , think Ange took Richarlison off too early, he was getting caught offside but you felt he would've got one there

Overun in midfield we seriously need a quality centre back and midfielder, Lo Celso is just no good.

Veliz looked bright

This was a really poor effort, bar their third goal you felt we should've done a lot better each time.

One to forget, we won't get top 4 with this consistency

Its gonna happen and we shouldn't be too surprised...
Big Ange plays one way , attack,attack , attack but really he should realise he hasnt got Romero, VdV,Maddison,Bissouma which is the spine of the team.
That's all well and good... and fine for the 'neutral' But surely there's a time and a place to mix it up and go defensive when needed...
Whether it's to protect a lead (unlike tonight), or nullify the opposition (like tonight) when they seem to be getting a foothold in the game.

I'm all for attacking football, when it's productive... But when it costs us goals, surely there's an argument to shut up shop for periods of the game, just until we can get our forward play organised...

Tonight felt either stubborn, or naive... Or just a bit of both.

Alfred Hitchcock GIF by Turner Classic Movies

Just waiting for Madders, VDV, Romero, et.al. to get back.

Pisspoor and naive tactics. Nevermind. Good spirit at the end. Sign off sunday with a win v Bournemouth then chill till fa cup. Tbh I'm happy with our season so far and were more positive with possession and attacking this season. Need players in January though and offload the crap.

Bournemouth will be a massive struggle. They’ve had 2 days extra rest on us don’t forget. Will be a great win if we turn them over with no kulusevski.

We only woke up when the game was lost.
And to add insult to injury,Woolwich west ham is on the TV in pub now.
Watching it is torture.
It's like being asked,what do you want? A Dog shit sandwich or a Cat shit sandwich..Detest the fucking pair of them

Ange in the interview :

"It's amazing that VAR picks up everything apart from a tackle that maybe puts out another of our players."

YES. This is what we need to hear. The other managers do this week in, week out. Put pressure on the officials to get it right.

I see what you are saying. But tomorrow never comes.
I would have accepted Phillips instead of Royal.
He is our reserve RB. He ain't a CB.

It’s hard for us to judge, Phillips was brought for the future and if AP thinks he is not ready I think we should probably trust his judgement imo

Back
Top Bottom