Spurs v Villa Sunday 26 Nov 2pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I felt we looked resigned to losing tbh, mainly out of tiredness more than anything. Prime example that run where Johnson picked the ball up for a potenial 1v1 but jogged cause he didn't have the legs.

After the goal we had the ball in the net once, hit the post once and had a few good shots to keep Martinez honest and dominated territory-wise.

None of that happens if a team has collectively "given up".

A thouroughly disappointing, but predictable, defeat at home.

Thought Villa were better than us today. They are well drilled and had their own good chances. Vic was great for us today (apart from the diving header clearance).

I feel we have too many players ball watching, we got caught out on both sides of the pitch because of it. Villa were quick reacting to 2nd balls pushing their defensively line out. We were caught out with offsides so many times, think Son was 3 times offside for goals.

Our defence is awful. Our recruitment failed to bring in 2 CBs that we needed. It was an obvious position we needed strengthened and we failed the manager. The excitement has wore off and its all becoming a bit predictable. We'll come out firing then run out of steam. And have no plan B when things go wrong.

Knowing our usual recruitment pattern we'll be waiting til the deadline window in January to fix any issues.

Fair play to Royal who came in did a better job than Dier but against a better team we will concede 4 or 5 easy. And its Man City next.

We went into a shell after the Bentancur injury. Like we needed another injury! Matty Cash again injuring one of our players. Was a wild tackle in the middle of the pitch. He knew what he was doing there. Disgusting especially knowing Bentancur is just back from surgery.

Lo Celso and Gil had good first halfs then looked very leggy and sloppy 2nd half. Porro and Udogie not at their best but still fine. Kulu great 2nd half.
Villa were not better than us today. Their keeper had more saves than Vic. We have two absolutely horrendous players playing centre back who can’t pass the ball with any purpose. We had bentancur running the game then injured. We created chances all game. We are missing 4 guaranteed starters who make us a completely different team. Lo Celso was excellent today whether anyone likes him or not.

The club need to back this manager with at least 3 players in the window because guys like Skipp,Hojbjerg ,Royal and Davies will never be good enough to come in and keep us winning.

It's pussy talk is what it is.
Sorry I can’t be bothered

I’m going to sit back and watch my team win

Have a nice day

:nunothumb:
Doesn't make me a 'bad fan' (lolz) for being able to see - and acknowledge, like an adult - what was, obviously, going to happen.

Just like it doesn't make you a bad fan/s for not having the foresight - or understanding of the game - to see what was, obviously, going to happen.

We all just have our perspective.

Some more elite than others.

That's all.

We really need to scrape some points until January. Hopefully reinforcements with a fit squad, we are going to be a dangerous team in the new year.
If we are within 10 points of 5th in January (which we should be) then that final CL place is in range especially with ange & our best 11.

Yeah ours only started a few games a go. Injuries are a massive part of it so you need very good squad depth. We have played 3 with lots of injuries & lost them all. Let’s not pretend it wouldn’t have affected previous games if the injuries happened then. Newcastle had 14 out.
I am agreeing with you anyway in the sense injuries are killers! So you need to more than 2 good CBs to get through a season. More than one good creative midfielder & a lot better striker options than we have!
But yes the performances ange is getting out of the weaker players is still pretty impressive.
Yeah levy is a fool for not getting another centre back , I hate to say it but even having Sanchez available today would have been better than royal at CB!

This was quite different to the wolves game...we created a lot, hit the post twice and 2 or was it 3 disallowed goals. Hard to say the the manager was not brave enough with the team he picked...
Still, we deserved to lose that game IMO. And I meant his subs, not his starting 11, which I actually loved.

But eh, I know...you can't say anything negative on this site (not saying that for you, your reply actually made sense).

Back
Top Bottom