Spurs v Villa Sunday 26 Nov 2pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lost that today because we were wasteful in front of goal, that's the reality of it

I think we have too many injuries and it's all just caught up with us.

Thankfully, nothing is achieved in December so hopefully this is just a blip on what has been a great season so far.

COYS.

Pinning your hopes on outscoring the opposition is dangerous. Most PL teams have a decent defence . We were in front, we were then level, at some point surely it makes sense to try and hang on by shutting up shop rather than gung ho losing.

I’m on about Ange , can’t do anything about Levy can we - just got to hope Ange gets his targets in come January
Yeah, ange done great. He is working miracles! Even today you can tell if levy had got him better squad depth we probably win. We can’t do anything about any of it . We have no say.

So is ange still the messiah ? I think he's the right man for us right now..
But no he's not top class..
Hes perfect for levy, plays football the right way but has no plan B.
Anybody still think our squad is OK..?
No defenders and no strikers, it was obvious what was coming, ange just papered over a load of cracks at the start....
This is not going to be an enjoyable season, I don't see us getting many points in the near future either. .
Why is he not top class? Silly post.

A thoroughly disappointing, but predictable, defeat at home.

Thought Villa were better than us today. They are well drilled and had their own good chances. Vic was great for us today (apart from the diving header clearance).

I feel we have too many players ball watching, we got caught out on both sides of the pitch because of it. Villa were quick reacting to 2nd balls pushing their defensive line out. We were caught out with offsides so many times, think Son was 3 times offside for goals.

Our defence is awful. Our recruitment failed to bring in 2 CBs that we needed. It was an obvious position we needed strengthened and we failed the manager. The excitement has wore off and its all becoming a bit predictable. We'll come out firing then run out of steam. And have no plan B when things go wrong.

Knowing our usual recruitment pattern we'll be waiting til the deadline window in January to fix any issues.

Fair play to Royal who came in did a better job than Dier but against a better team we will concede 4 or 5 easy. And its Man City next.

We went into a shell after the Bentancur injury. Like we needed another injury! Matty Cash again injuring one of our players. Was a wild tackle in the middle of the pitch. He knew what he was doing there. Disgusting especially knowing Bentancur is just back from surgery.

Lo Celso and Gil had good first halfs then looked very leggy and sloppy 2nd half. Porro and Udogie not at their best but still fine. Kulu great 2nd half.

So is ange still the messiah ? I think he's the right man for us right now..
But no he's not top class..
Hes perfect for levy, plays football the right way but has no plan B.
Anybody still think our squad is OK..?
No defenders and no strikers, it was obvious what was coming, ange just papered over a load of cracks at the start....
This is not going to be an enjoyable season, I don't see us getting many points in the near future either. .
I was disappointed he could not name 9 subs and that there were 2 GKs on the bench.

I actually hate fans so much. Fucking smug, arrogant cunts. Wish the city of Birmingham would sink into the sea and spare us having to know it exists.

Dang.

Nine players out but still.

I think Bryan not having what it takes is what hurts the most. Was a real opportunity for him.

And ofcourse Bentancur getting done. Is that ten players out? Fark.
I'm a bit biased as I too have a soft spot for the lad, but despite his lack of consistent game time, it's looking like he's turned out a bit like Sessegnon, where he still looks too raw and continues to play every game like it's his first or second appearance for the club.

Should have won that in the first 10 mins. Too much tappy tippy shit when it mattered.
Should've, Could've, Would've.

Losing at home to a team that scores more goals than touches in our box is a disgrace. Place the blame where you like but this was not a football team.

It's a bummer to lose again and I doubt things will get better next week either .Kind of alright to point out the missed chances but most of the lads that missed them today are not that consistent at scoring so it was hardly a one off .Clearly some of the lads today should have been moved on before this season at least .

Unlucky. The world can laugh while they can. The ideas are there, consistent execution will come with time. I fully back Ange.

The players who clearly aren’t in his plans are the ones who seem to be putting the poor performances in. Really liked seeing Kulu more central too. I hope we get a good LW in the next window

kulusevski was exceptional today, johnson lacks stamina, lo celso was proper good, hojbjerg top bins (nearly), porro ran his heart out, udogie looked leggy, son scored a hatrick, bentancur was in god mode. royal and davies tried their best bless. a lot of tired legs after 70 mins but, they made me feel. proud of them

Back
Top Bottom