Wolves (A) - Saturday 11th November 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We saw this countless times with Conte and the Dier/Davies. Always behind the play, just watching the ball.

TT4Ydzo.png
Emerson way too passive. Dier useless, just pretending as per. Hojbjerg laughable.

So we should have bought an entire back line and an AMF on the off chance that we lose 4 starters in one game prior to the busiest part of the schedule.

Post your email here because I have a number of Nigerian entrepreneurs willing to invest in you.

Erm……. Beyond VDV and Romero we knew we had little suitable for a high line beyond Sanchez and we got rid of him. You do realise we need a squad not just a first 11. Players get injured, they get sent off that’s life. Going for a high line under Dier is always a huge risk, it’s not his fault, it’s just his attributes.

Son was weak today these are the games he needs to get involved more he done nothing .
He was dropping back and linked play just fine. We didn't have enough pace/quality going forward to take advantage of a few of the passes he put through. As far as the final third, he got zero service. Like literally zero. But yeah definitely not his finest game and prob could have done more.

I think we need to try Kulu centrally. He keeps the ball and can pass out to Son and Johnson.
Son did nothing to hold tge ball up . This defence could not cope with the pressure.
We should have won a point.

If you dont compromise approach and tactics, then dont compromise with players who cant execute the game plan. Dier is not cut out for this style of football. He was a yard off the pace all day.

Im all for not compromising style and being aggressive in how we want to play. But FFS whats the point if we have players totally ill-suited to the style we want to play.

May take w few more transfer windows to cycle out the likes of Dier ect. However being honest, Dier is one player who should have been binned in the last window.

We tried... Pretty much refused all routes to an exit.

We all knew that this team wasn't going to be a quick fix.

Any football fan worthy of the name outside of Woolwich will truly understand that losing three of your starting defence would cause issues for the team.

We have lost as many games as the multi-billionaire team in Manchester, and this with a new coach, depleted team and still learning.

Pep didn't win anything in his first season, as he was rebuilding.

Give Ange time, because the wheels haven't fallen off in a week, we have just suffered through injury and suspension.

We have witnessed what Sheffield did a few weeks ago, and this result should only strengthen our resolve, teach the newer players to the team a lesson and hopefully point out to Udogie and Romero that not being on the field costs the team as much as being on it.

Erm……. Beyond VDV and Romero we knew we had little suitable for a high line beyond Sanchez and we got rid of him. You do realise we need a squad not just a first 11. Players get injured, they get sent off that’s life. Going for a high line under Dier is always a huge risk, it’s not his fault, it’s just his attributes.
I agree but that doesn't give me the latitude to whine about it.

I was begging for Kulu to come off. So sick of the sight of him bring outpaced by the likes of Toti or Craig friggin Dawson. And when he does get the ball, the whole friggin universe knows what he's gonna do. Man has no plan B. I'd have loved to see Porro play RW during that 10min spell we were on top.
Has gone under the radar a bit really for how average he has been of late. Always seems to get picked. Gets the ball in fantastic positions but end result seems lacking . Pains me to say it but I think he is just too slow for what we need in a wide player

Back
Top Bottom