Wolves (A) - Saturday 11th November 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A bit of doom and gloom naturally occurs in our DNA as Spurs fans, but a bit of perspective is also needed here before some of this melting.

The best central defenders we’ve had since Toby and Jan are out for the first time. Our first choice left back and our playmaker as well. All at once and it coupled with off the off the boil performances from the normally reliable Biss, Son and Sarr. It happens. But we haven’t learned anything new, we know are squad is thin and Ange has repeatedly said since day one that we won’t be anywhere near where we need to be after one transfer window. So, we’ve got the international break, clearly Ange will have lots to think about and work on, then we dig in and get on with it.

So far for us fans this season, this week is the first real hurdle we’ve come up against and a lot of us are falling over already. Madness.

First thing, FUCK OFF ALL YOU CUNTS WHO HAVE BEEN WAITING IN THE WINGS TO WHINE LIKE FUCKING CHILDREN.

JUST FUCK OFF.

The ref was a c**t, but the lack of creativity up front has been horrendous all season.

Although, Johnson had a good game today until he came off.

But Kulu, Kulu every fucking game does one thing and that is it, fuck all else for the rest of the game. PEH crossed the ball for the right wing more times than Kulu.

He kills almost everything down the right, and this causes us problems.

Fuck am I pissed off right now.

COYS!! Bring on the next team.

Oh, the irony of that post.

Strange decision not to start Gio.

Bissouma being invisible didn’t help.

But severe lack of creativity and ball control in the MF
Yeah the midfield seems ripe for a rethink during the international break, unfortunately the back line and forward line basically pick themselves at the moment due to the absences.

Thought Gio was good when he came on, will be interesting what the assessment is on what Bentancur can do at this stage.

We were 6 first choice players missing but 3 of the first choices we did have in
Kulu, Son and Bissouma played poorly. A tall order but I thought we were going to hang on, gutted.
This is unfortuently where Sons weaknesses get exposed. When we’re playing good football and everyone’s touching the ball, space opens up for Son to run in to but holding up the ball, heading on, passing to the wings - all weaknesses. If Maddison is our new Eriksen, well we’ve seen how that went

Kulu was pants. Not once did he put a decent cross in when he had opportunity. Lost the ball multiple times and was easily beaten to the ball. Has no strength and I think he bottled a few 50/50s. Whereas bent did not shirk that challenge to win the ball and pass to Son. Should be dropped for next game. Play Johnson on right where he played for forest and what made us pay nearly £50M for him. He didn’t play on the left at NF. Why do we keep playing players in positions that they are not use to? Play Gil left and BJ right.
Crossing might not be a part of our current style of play// or shooting.
we just do short passes

What the fuck can he do? Hojbjerg, Davies, Royal and Dier can't pass through the lines to save their lives. We literally couldn't play through their press.
Hummmm going out on a limb here, but...maybe...maybe he could've turned to other players than them 3 gits who everybody knows are absolute wank.

Davies was solid today, he rarely lets us down, always gives 100%. But the others are gash and it's on Ange for picking them over the kids. Fuck lack of experience and that bollocks. Philipps, Dorrington and Donley would have shown far more hearts & guts in 10 mins than that shitty trio has over the past 2 seasons.

I do not say this lightly. Hojbjerg is a disgrace to the club. His acting today was pathetic, his effort is terrible and him giving the ball away to lead to their winning goal just topped it all.

He's pathetic.

Really disappointed with PEH. Up to this point, he did well when coming on, but he had his worst performance of the season today. Wanted to throw my remote at the screen when he fucked up that free kick and gave the ball away needlessly.

For what it's worth, I'm not going to look at our decimated squad and be particularly surprised by the result.

The manner of the result is a dick punch.

Rival fans ready to stick the knife in, I see. Good Lord, our A team has them rattled.
How many points did we throw away in stoppage time when dier davies and Hojbjerg were fixtures in the team though? For me the manner was not surprising at all

A bit of doom and gloom naturally occurs in our DNA as Spurs fans, but a bit of perspective is also needed here before some of this melting.

The best central defenders we’ve had since Toby and Jan are out for the first time. Our first choice left back and our playmaker as well. All at once and it coupled with off the off the boil performances from the normally reliable Biss, Son and Sarr. It happens. But we haven’t learned anything new, we know are squad is thin and Ange has repeatedly said since day one that we won’t be anywhere near where we need to be after one transfer window. So, we’ve got the international break, clearly Ange will have lots to think about and work on, then we dig in and get on with it.

So far for us fans this season, this week is the first real hurdle we’ve come up against and a lot of us are falling over already. Madness.
There’s a couple wankers to be sure, but I think most of the negativity is rooted in how unfair/unlucky it is that things have played out this way with injuries and suspensions rather than negativity about the state of the club, players, manager.

Thought Bentancur and Lo Celso improved the midfield when they came on even though we conceded twice. Need to get Bentancur up to speed as quick as possible.

Kind of predictable. We all knew the depth was a huge issue going into the season, we knew soon as a few players dropped it was going to go from elite to average.
Had the club invested in a CB and another AM we probably would have won today. Games like Chavs where players like Romero loose their cool happen, what happened today is on the club, running the team bare bones like we have year on year has consequences.

Great Post Tomo Tomo

Nail on the head mate. It's reassuring to see there's still a few sensible posters around who've kept their feet on the ground and haven’t succumbed to the delusional mob mentality. 😉

Back
Top Bottom