Wolves (A) - Saturday 11th November 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Call me a sadist, but I'm weirdly looking forward to this game...

Only to see the spontaneous combustion of the entire world IF we win!!
I'm more optimistic about this game than I have been during our injury crises in recent years where it has been our attack that's been decimated.

As long as Maddison's available we can still put out arguably our strongest midfield and attack, and so we can mitigate the defensive absences by controlling possession and focussing on scoring more goals than the opposition.

In recent season's our attack has been hit by injuries, leaving us toothless and even more focused on defence than usual, no matter how long we'd hold out, you'd know that eventually we'd concede and the chances of getting something back would be minimal.

This is a much less depressing prospect. If we can get through this one, then we get Udogie back for Villa and then it's just one game (City...) until Romero is back.

I'm more optimistic about this game than I have been during our injury crises in recent years where it has been our attack that's been decimated.

As long as Maddison's available we can still put out arguably our strongest midfield and attack, and so we can mitigate the defensive absences by controlling possession and focussing on scoring more goals than the opposition.

In recent season's our attack has been hit by injuries, leaving us toothless and even more focused on defence than usual, no matter how long we'd hold out, you'd know that eventually we'd concede and the chances of getting something back would be minimal.

This is a much less depressing prospect. If we can get through this one, then we get Udogie back for Villa and then it's just one game (City...) until Romero is back.
Agree

May disagree on Saturday afternoon!

ange already pretty much confirmed it was a knock and he didn't want to risk it.

I'm hoping he's subbed off tomorrow and then pulls out of international duty.

He barely trains, has an ankle problem and his thigh is strapped up most games. The guy needs a rest. We're basically wrapping him in cotton wool at this point.

Hopefully Maddison has trained today and will tomorrow.

I agree with what others are saying, having our full midfield and attack available is a huge bonus, as it won't change how we approach the game. There's a chance none of the back 4 from Monday will be available, but Ange has 5 days with whoever he chooses to get them prepared, I trust him.

One of the most creative players in the prem, we leave on the bench until we are struggling.

Go away and think about that for a while.
Think Winnie The Pooh GIF
Yea, you must be so smart to start a guy who has an injury.
You must have love Conte and he doesn't give a crap about our players health.
Very smart guy you are.

Think About It GIF by Identity

He is very quick according to Tony Mowbray Blackburn boss

Speaking about Phillips during his time in charge at Ewood Park, former Blackburn manager Tony Mowbray said: “He's 6ft 4in, he's fast, mobile and can pass it really well. He can use both feet, he's composed.”
if he can run and write music - he's the man for me!

edit
Sorry, not a composer.........

Bet your ass that Wolves are rehearsing beating our high line, all week.

Would they not have been doing that anyway?

Considering that is how we have played every game this season.

Probably easier to beat without VDV but it's not like they will only now start working on it.

O'Neill is decent tbf and a bit like Ange in wanting to play his way regardless of the opponent.

Probably easier to beat without VDV but it's not like they will only now start working on it.

O'Neill is decent tbf and a bit like Ange in wanting to play his way regardless of the opponent.

Their fwd line is weakened and our defense is weakened; which kinda cancels things out.

Their strength is their MF.... So is ours. Win the MF battle and we have the quality up top to get the job done.

Last edited:

It's not just VDV missing but Romero too. They'll be practicing more than ever to beat our defenive high line.

Back
Top Bottom