Spurs vs Chelsea. 6 Nov 8pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Btw since when have var looked at 2 opposite angles like they did with sons second? If one angle shows inside and the other says off then what do they do? Did they check diers from both sides of the pitch too?

Know I’ll get pelters for this but I’m not really too pleased with Ange’s tactics there. Simply put the high line was suicidal and was always going to fail with Dier back there. We should’ve packed it in.

Bet a hundred that they wouldn’t have scored. I get it’s Ange’s philosophy but I think parking the bus was the right move against such a shit shit team as Chelsea. We could’ve got the point.
I suppose it is as much a message to his players that this is his philosophy and everyone needs to buy it into it come hell or high water.
No compromises.
On balance that philosophy has seen us to 2nd in the table..

Know I’ll get pelters for this but I’m not really too pleased with Ange’s tactics there. Simply put the high line was suicidal and was always going to fail with Dier back there. We should’ve packed it in.

Bet a hundred that they wouldn’t have scored. I get it’s Ange’s philosophy but I think parking the bus was the right move against such a shit shit team as Chelsea. We could’ve got the point.
Ange will see this as a learning experience for the team. Play his way more, play his way better. Shit result but a great experience to have 9 players against 11 playing his way. He doesn’t much care about setting goals for the team. Just doing things his way because it’s what gets results over the long term. Levy will want top 4 and if the injuries aren’t too serious we should get it!

If you say so, Jimothy
jim halpert GIF

Once we scored nothing went right for us. Wish Caicedo goal had of counted as Romero probably escapes the red card. Defeat is shit but potential long term injuries and a suspension to 4 of our key players is far more painful. All round shite night

1. lot of standing around'​

FT: Tottenham 1-4 Chelsea
    More from Ange Postecoglou on VAR decisions: "There will be a forensic study of every decision out there, I think that is the way the game is going and I don't like it. If you look at all that standing around we did today, maybe people enjoy that sort of thing but I'd rather see us playing football."
    On Tottenham sending offs: "You have to accept the referee's decision, that is how I grew up. This constant erosion of the referee's authority is where the game is going to get - they are not going to have any authority. We are going to be under the control of someone with a tv screen a few miles away.
    "The decision is the decision. In 26 years I have had plenty of bad decisions, I have had plenty fall in my favour. It is what it is."
    On playing with a high line down to nine men: "It is just who we are mate, it is who we are and who we will be for as long as I am here. If we go down to five men we will have a go."
    Article Reactions

'An out of control game'​

FT: Tottenham 1-4 Chelsea
    090b5b10-437a-467b-9fa1-16808ae8d27c.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur
    Tottenham boss Ange Postecoglou speaking to Sky Sports: "It is pretty hard to process. It is almost impossible to analyse the game because it just seemed to get out of control for large parts of it. Disappointed by the result but really proud of the players, they gave everything and that is the positive we will take.
    "We were very close to getting an equaliser a couple of times and it shows their spirit. It was just a bridge too far today.
    "I thought we started really well, scored a great goal and inches away from another. The red card affected the game, I felt like I was standing around waiting for things to happen, with VAR intervention. It felt like a lot of standing around."
    On penalty and sending off: "They had a good look at it and given it so I have to accept it."

Btw since when have var looked at 2 opposite angles like they did with sons second? If one angle shows inside and the other says off then what do they do? Did they check diers from both sides of the pitch too?
It was so dodgy mate. They do sometimes pick a different angle but how can you pick the one that obscures the defenders leg/foot that is closest to goal?

I just feel winded like you did when the medicine ball came thumping into your stomach when you weren't ready for it.

Gobsmacked, but genuinely had very bad vibes about this game.

Last edited:
This is a young, inexperienced team who are allowed to make mistakes, AS LONG AS THEY LEARN FROM THEM.

We were clearly a little over emotional tonight and its cost us dearly, we were far far superior prior to the red card in spite of their disallowed goals. Romero in particular is an experienced international, he has to know better.

Next few weeks without Romero and VDV aren’t going to be easy but we need to buckle down and pick up points. Going to be a big test of character, the lads that stayed on the pitch showed bundles of that tonight.

Ps Vicario - wow!
Perfectly weighted, hole in one post!

Ange can use this. He's saying this is how we play. No compromise.

What other options do you have? I haven’t seen Phillips play so can’t comment on his viability.

Personally I’d have PEH as a CB choice over Dier.
I don’t know potentially Emerson. Maybe play PEH and Sarr as a double pivot to protect them and go 4231.
It’s difficult, we need a new centre back in January, it was always too much to expect Romero and VDV to play the season together without disruption.

Back
Top Bottom