Spurs vs Chelsea. 6 Nov 8pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's hard to imagine a worse evening football-wise.

We will see what Postecoglou is made of because the whole set of cards he was dealt with tonight would jolt the best of managers and squads infinitely bigger and more equipped than ours.

It's never easy being a Spurs fan. Never.

We can't go the whole season unbeaten, it was never going to happen, we are one point behind City and the ONLY reason we lost this game is because we beat ourselves.

The players that remained on that pitch were fucking WARRIORS. I am proud and this isn't the end of our season, the season really starts now imo, COYS.

The only thing I'm struggling to take on the chin is the injuries. Rotten fucking luck.........

Know I’ll get pelters for this but I’m not really too pleased with Ange’s tactics there. Simply put the high line was suicidal and was always going to fail with Dier back there. We should’ve packed it in.

Bet a hundred that they wouldn’t have scored. I get it’s Ange’s philosophy but I think parking the bus was the right move against such a shit shit team as Chelsea. We could’ve got the point.
I agree with you but did not want to be the first one to say it here. Was literally telling my mate at HT that we need to defend deep and abandon this high line…

21 mins injury time because of useless wank cunting, shit prick, fucktard officials.
These useless blind clueless wankers couldn't give a fuck about the fans and any trains we have to catch.
Incompetent, inept, clueless, wank fucking, shithouse officials are ruining our game and are totally oblivious to the fact that the fans are pivotal to the game.
Never in all the years I've been watching football have I seen such a useless bunch of fucktards.

Everyone knows how shit they are but nothing gets done.
21 fucking minutes of injury time. Someone tell me how this is even possible.

Fed up with VAR, the way it is more and more breaking up the flow, taking ages to get to a decision and it’s getting in on everything.
And it’s an interesting point that the stoppages might have contributed to VDV’s injury as the muscles will have gone cold.

Gutted - but proud of every lad who stayed on the pitch - worked their f’in socks off.

We are just at the start of the Ange journey - this team is pretty good now but it’s going to be immense after a couple of transfer windows. Effort and spirit of this team night and day from last season - but we are a threadbare squad - Levy sanctions enuf money for some depth and we should be on our way.

And Vicario is a Gawd.

The players who remained on the pitch and the fans done us proud tonight .
Its just a shame it had to be against those racist bastards .
The biggest worry is van De Ven , he will be desperately missed in Anges system .
Having said that , I’m sure Ange will come up with something .
Big test for us in the weeks ahead

P S. Fuck Chelsea !

This is a young, inexperienced team who are allowed to make mistakes, AS LONG AS THEY LEARN FROM THEM.

We were clearly a little over emotional tonight and its cost us dearly, we were far far superior prior to the red card in spite of their disallowed goals. Romero in particular is an experienced international, he has to know better.

Next few weeks without Romero and VDV aren’t going to be easy but we need to buckle down and pick up points. Going to be a big test of character, the lads that stayed on the pitch showed bundles of that tonight.

Ps Vicario - wow!

Nothing but proud after everything that happened. Never gave up and ran themselves ragged. Thankfully, the Conte era of last season is rapidly becoming a distant memory.

No question Vic was MoM , absolutely immense at times. In fairness, Dier did alright when he came on and deserves credit and was unlucky not to get a goal. Think an honourable mention should go to Emerson, he never stopped, tackled and chased everything.
Did alright?

Talk about damning with faint praise
He was fucking immense, particularly given that he hasn't had one minute on the pitch all season

Back
Top Bottom