Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I actually agree with these sentiments but it’s absolutely pathetic that they only pipe up when it goes against them and it only makes these clubs look self interested, which then clashes with the whole ‘we just want fairness’ message.
It is an attempt that's twofold:
1. Aretta is going to get fined, or absolutely should. So they are getting in with strong statements now, it's a warning to The FA, a passive-aggressive shot directly at them telling them where they stand.
2. It's also an attempt to rally a deluded fanbase. They have only won 3 games in their last 7 and 2 of those weren't convincing at all. The fans know it, everyone can see it - they aren't as good as last year. This is a line-in-the-sand moment, trying to make out everyone is against us feeling. Their siege mentality.

I hope he gets fined and banned for bringing the game into disrepute.

I hope the PGMOL come back and tell them that they stand by the officials decisions and to sod off !

Or/and, how about a retrospective 3 game ban for the Havertz tackle, that would really boil their piss.

I hope the PGMOL come back and tell them that they stand by the officials decisions and to sod off !

Or/and, how about a retrospective 3 game ban for the Havertz tackle, that would really boil their piss.
I think the game should be replayed.

giphy.gif

It is an attempt that's twofold:
1. Aretta is going to get fined, or absolutely should. So they are getting in with strong statements now, it's a warning to The FA, a passive-aggressive shot directly at them telling them where they stand.
2. It's also an attempt to rally a deluded fanbase. They have only won 3 games in their last 7 and 2 of those weren't convincing at all. The fans know it, everyone can see it - they aren't as good as last year. This is a line-in-the-sand moment, trying to make out everyone is against us feeling. Their siege mentality.

I hope he gets fined and banned for bringing the game into disrepute.

He should be banned. And the club should be fined.

Thing about Woolwich is that there such a classy club and always do things the right way.

Club statement​

Woolwich Football Club wholeheartedly supports Mikel Arteta’s post-match comments after yet more unacceptable refereeing and VAR errors on Saturday evening.
We’d also like to acknowledge the huge effort and performance from our players and travelling supporters at St James’ Park.
The Premier League is the best league in the world with the best players, coaches and supporters, all of whom deserve better. PGMOL urgently needs to address the standard of officiating and focus on action which moves us all on from retrospective analysis, attempted explanations and apologies.
We support the ongoing efforts of Chief Refereeing Officer, Howard Webb and would welcome working together to achieve the world-class officiating standards our league demands.
I'd love for the PGMOL to agree with this statement, go back and review the game, and retrospectively award a RED card to Havertz for his disgustingly dangerous challenge!

Careful what you wish for cuntos!!

To me, one of the worst things were some of the comments I saw from different talking heads almost praising Legohead for his outburst. They were making comments about how the players would love it that he sticks up for them and the club in such a way.

I didn’t see most of the game so when I watched the actual replay I was expecting a major fuck up by VAR based on the comments.

There have been major fuck ups but the media is also partly to blame for the hysteria, and it allows for this type of behavior because it drives views. The reality is now they will all focus on that instead of the performance.

View: https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/status/1721179220703911951

He's backtracking now other people have highlighted Legoman's ridiculousness.
He's been told to limit the amount of talking he does until the local flooding from Woolwich's tears have subsided a little...
Don't want another deluge on TOP of the already saturated ground!!

Last edited:
It’s always the same with the likes of Arteta and Klopp always the victims as if these things only affect them. They are also calling out officials to get an advantage in future games

Arteta ‘s antics are getting a bit tiresome now.
Their players throw themselves to the floor at every opportunity, are the first to try to get other players booked and the constant pressure put on the officials by his non stop complaining

Laughable that Spitty is seen as somebody worthy of an interview. He is a thick footballer who is so one eyed towards his club it puts him in the same category as Merson.

As for arse coming out with a dickhead statement nobody cares. Any possible care factor was milked dry with the dippers against us. Even then they took it too far in an attempt to ensure future ref decisions went their way. Nobody cares anymore.

Back
Top Bottom