Fulham @ Home - 23/10, 8pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

where you see this?

Why is he way off? Thought he was on the bench v Luton?

Going off of this interview he talks about Brennan, Gill and Bentacur together.

He starts talking about all 3 in training but not having much game time. He says they need to evaluate over the weekend for Brennan for Fulham but doesn't mention Gill so thought he wasn't ready like Bentacur

Going off of this interview he talks about Brennan, Gill and Bentacur together.

He starts talking about all 3 in training but not having much game time. He says they need to evaluate over the weekend for Brennan for Fulham but doesn't mention Gill so thought he wasn't ready like Bentacur
hes been in full training for a couple weeks i thought?

I just don't think he suits our game.

He's not good enough to be a 6 and he's most definitely not an 8 which is where Ange seems to play him, I assume because he's a bit of a liability when getting pressed and wants him further from our goal.

If he wasn't HG, he'd have been gone in the summer. We'd be smart to replace him with Devine next season.
Caveat to all that imho is that I actually think we’ve been playing him more as an 8 but could see him being a better 6. He’s quite good at tackling and intercepting.

I’m also wary of writing off someone who’s still young and hasn’t had a sustained run in a functioning team. Not to compare him to Bissouma (who’s a world beater in his position) but if you’d looked at him last year you wouldn’t be rating him.

Caveat to all that imho is that I actually think we’ve been playing him more as an 8 but could see him being a better 6. He’s quite good at tackling and intercepting.

Quite frankly, I don't care if he can tackle and intercept. It's almost irrelevant in our system. He needs to be able to take the ball of our defenders with one or two men on him, beat the press and distribute, something I don't think he has in his locker at all.

I imagine that is why he's been playing as an 8 quite frankly.

I’m also wary of writing off someone who’s still young and hasn’t had a sustained run in a functioning team. Not to compare him to Bissouma (who’s a world beater in his position) but if you’d looked at him last year you wouldn’t be rating him.

I was a big big Skipp fan. Especially in the Nuno/Conte season before his injury. But since he's returned from injury, completely different player. Always looks a second or so behind play. He'd get eaten up as a 6 in this system.

At least with Bissouma there were glimspes there last season. As well as the fact that the season prior he was one of the best defensive midfielders in the league.

Quite frankly, I don't care if he can tackle and intercept. It's almost irrelevant in our system. He needs to be able to take the ball of our defenders with one or two men on him, beat the press and distribute, something I don't think he has in his locker at all.

I imagine that is why he's been playing as an 8 quite frankly.

I was a big big Skipp fan. Especially in the Nuno/Conte season before his injury. But since he's returned from injury, completely different player. Always looks a second or so behind play. He'd get eaten up as a 6 in this system.

At least with Bissouma there were glimspes there last season. As well as the fact that the season prior he was one of the best defensive midfielders in the league.

Would agree with that second point but still not ready to write him off

I can't agree with your last comment; he's not the best midfielder we've got, but he does a job when called upon. Surely Ange thinks that too, as he brings him on in nearly every game so far.
You don't rate him, fair enough, that's your opinion, but don't know why you have to be so nasty with it.

You tell him Queenie! 👸 👑

We will lose or drop points on Monday due to this toxic prick. Skipp will shortly jump ahead of him

Rather have Dier as a DM TBH. Fuck this prick
No Way Lol GIF by Lifetime

What's worse after international break,having the early Saturday or the Monday game. For me its the monday game, have to wait 3 days.

Prey for Klopp

But for this particular weekend, I think a Monday game is more beneficial to us as it gives more time for the likes of Sonny, Romero & Sarr to recover from the ‘knocks’ they had playing for their respective NTs during the past week.

How long will the moment of silence last? My bet is less than a second before someone shouts ‘fuck Hammas/Palestine’

Like to call black people 'elephant washers'.

The scummiest of all posters on here.
Just Adebayors dad, a singular individual - not plural / people, and yes along with the rest of the South / East stand…..well before new found fans like you turned up and got a ST at Wembley

What's worse after international break,having the early Saturday or the Monday game. For me its the monday game, have to wait 3 days.

Prey for Klopp
Definitely the Monday game, the early sat is fine, your on TV and only kicking off a couple of hours before the rest of the league - makes faaack all difference.

I don’t like the Monday night slot and the Friday night slot is an abomination - somehow we’re doing both those slots for our next 3 fixtures, which sucks.

Definitely the Monday game, the early sat is fine, your on TV and only kicking off a couple of hours before the rest of the league - makes faaack all difference.

I don’t like the Monday night slot and the Friday night slot is an abomination - somehow we’re doing both those slots for our next 3 fixtures, which sucks.
For you maybe? How about our players travelling back from South America or Far East? Clearly better for them to have another 60 hours recovery

There was a story weeks ago that Ryo Kyerematen would play, I actually think PEH will play but Ryo could make the bench.

Back
Top Bottom