Man Utd buyers might change their focus to Spurs.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you want Spurs to be taken over by Sheikh Jassim?

• Total voters
I‘m for giving it a season under Ange, a couple of transfer windows and seeing if Levy gives Ange the players he needs.

Our recruitment over the last couple of years has been top notch, as long as that continues then I don't see why that wouldn't be a problem, unless he constantly starts asking for £100m players with massive wages which isn't realistic and is unlike anyone he's ever worked with before.

Is it possible for the ethics and policies of the club to be separate from the ethics and policies of the owners?

I ask because Joe Lewis makes us pretty far from the moral high ground. He’s been pretty despicable in more than one situation.

If Lewis doesn’t define what Tottenham Hotspur is, why would a Sheik from Qatar define what Tottenham Hotspur is?

Oppression, murder & sportswashing ought to be quite a vivid threshold.

Surely any crime at all is the threshold? Or we want to decide which crimes are OK for our owner or not?

My question isn't even that. I'm just asking why do the crimes of the owner change what Tottenham Hotspur the football club is?
Good question.

In reality it doesn't really, no more than Lewis owning us defines us.

But, and it's a huge but, the perception of the club by others would be different.
Being owned by an autocratic regime that thinks it's ok to discriminate against large portions of society will have an effect on some fans.

I'm talking in general here, rather than just Spurs.

For example;
Were we to be owned by Pol Pot (extreme, I know) would people be saying " Nah it's fine, I don't care about the @ 2 million innocent people killed under his regime. It doesn't change what Spurs are"

I highly doubt it.

Edit:
There has to be a line somewhere, although it's fine for people to have different views on where that line is.

I think you need to do a lot of reading, my friend. Luckily we have google.
I don’t really want to to be honest. There are people here who don’t like to idea of this based on human rights, others on what obscene wealth can do to competition and others just don’t like the vibe. Me I mostly think it’s just rich people using football clubs as their playthings, which is what the cunts do.

Surely any crime at all is the threshold? Or we want to decide which crimes are OK for our owner or not?

Ideally, sure I'd want a spotlessly clean owner, but the more money it takes to own a club, the smaller the pot of squeeky clean potential buyers becomes; hence all one can do is personally draw their own line as to what they will or won't condone.

My question isn't even that. I'm just asking why do the crimes of the owner change what Tottenham Hotspur the football club is?

I want to feel proud of my club and whatever it achieves...... Oppression, murder and sports washing is a step too far.

There's no glory from winning with that kind of caveat.

I don’t really want to to be honest. There are people here who don’t like to idea of this based on human rights, others on what obscene wealth can do to competition and others just don’t like the vibe. Me I mostly think it’s just rich people using football clubs as their playthings, which is what the cunts do.

If you don't genuinely seek enlightenment on these issues then you shouldn't pester people with questions about the facts of the matter.

Unless we get concrete rumours about the Qatari’s, I don’t think it’s something to worry about.

I don’t think it’s completely over between Man U and the Qatari’s yet

The sports washing plus PSG is a shite show. So not clear Qatari royal family know how to run a football club - All flash mercenary footballers that have no team cohesion and underperform. The PSG ultras literally hate what the team has become - heard a podcast that called the current PSG a high end fashion brand focused on glitz where the football is all but an afterthought. Firm No for me.

Those voting it aint broke are music to levy’s ears. He finally gets a managerial appointment correct and all the mistakes of the last 3 or 4 years are immediately forgotten.

These over-embellished poll options always make it over complicated and muddy.

Yes
No
Don't know
+ if you desire; explain your reasons in the comments below.

The question isn't ultimately about ENIC (or at least the two matters shouldn't be conflated into one.)

Last edited:
This is all just bored journalists putting 2 and 2 together and coming out with 15, anyway.

The story I've seen in the news is "could turn attention to Tottenham". But that means nothing other than being idle speculation. He also "could" decide to buy Accrington Stanley or he "could" decided to become a goat farmer on Fiji.

This is all just bored journalists putting 2 and 2 together and coming out with 15, anyway.

The story I've seen in the news is "could turn attention to Tottenham". But that means nothing other than being idle speculation. He also "could" decide to buy Accrington Stanley or he "could" decided to become a goat farmer on Fiji.
You can understand Levy not being interested, if the guy said it's either Spurs or Accrington Stanley, or there's a goat farm in Fiji I quite like the looks of, couldn't you? Sounds like he's a bit loopy, if you ask me.

We were linked to Qatar around the time that than Iranian bloke was also being mooted? ...Some here got jazzed about it briefly before the Man U links gathered pace.

Would be interesting to know the poll results if we were sitting in the bottom half of the table.
...but we're not, we're top of the Premier League, aren't we?

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom