Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will Lo Celso be on the bench against Luton, I doubt it. Will he play for his Country during International break, I expect so. Why do we put up with this?

History suggests he will join Argentina for the break, if he does I would banish him to the reserves. He has always favoured Argentina but this would be utter contempt for the club that pays his wages.

It's remarkable the job that Ange has down considering the incredible amount of dead wood jamming up our squad.

The next two windows we need to shift:
-Tanguy Ndombele
-Lo Celso
-Pierre Emile Hojbjerg
-Lloris
-Davinson Sanchez
-Eric Dier
-Ivan Perisic
-Ryan Sessegnon
- Sergio Reguilon

That doesn't even cover needing to upgrade on players like Tanganga, Emerson Royal, Joe Rodon.

Jesus Christ, we have absolutely ZERO depth pretty much all the way across the squad.

It's remarkable the job that Ange has down considering the incredible amount of dead wood jamming up our squad.

-Tanguy Ndombele
-Lo Celso
-Pierre Emile Hojbjerg
-Lloris
-Davinson Sanchez
-Eric Dier
-Ivan Perisic
-Ryan Sessegnon
- Sergio Reguilon

That doesn't even cover needing to upgrade on players like Tanganga, Emerson Royal, Joe Rodon.

Jesus Christ, we have absolutely ZERO depth pretty much all the way across the squad.
Fucking hell mate, pull yourself together, the situation isn't that bad!

Lloris, Dier and Perisic are all out of contract next summer anyway, them being gone by next season is a certainty.

Sanchez has gone already.

Tanganga and Rodon don't need upgrading, they just need to be shifted.

Royal is perfectly serviceable back up, as is PEH, I'd say the same for GLC personally but that's a contentious issue I'm aware. Sess might find himself a useful spot in the squad under AP, we don't know yet.

We have pretty decent depth in midfield and attack when everyone's fit, the only place we are as desperately lacking as you make out is centre back.

The only huge issue is Ndombele due to his wages, but we've proven capable enough of getting him out of the club on loan and saving something there. After this year I think he's only one left, so even if we can't shift him again then at least we know we're only burdened with him for one more season.

Fucking hell mate, pull yourself together, the situation isn't that bad!

Lloris, Dier and Perisic are all out of contract next summer anyway, them being gone by next season is a certainty.

Sanchez has gone already.

Tanganga and Rodon don't need upgrading, they just need to be shifted.

Royal is perfectly serviceable back up, as is PEH, I'd say the same for GLC personally but that's a contentious issue I'm aware. Sess might find himself a useful spot in the squad under AP, we don't know yet.

We have pretty decent depth in midfield and attack when everyone's fit, the only place we are as desperately lacking as you make out is centre back.

The only huge issue is Ndombele due to his wages, but we've proven capable enough of getting him out of the club on loan and saving something there. After this year I think he's only one left, so even if we can't shift him again then at least we know we're only burdened with him for one more season.
paper bag GIF

Forgot we actually sold Sanchez. I was blocking out Spurs over the summer and just thought he was loaned.

Will Lo Celso be on the bench against Luton, I doubt it. Will he play for his Country during International break, I expect so. Why do we put up with this?
He won’t be playing for his country in this next break. You can’t say why do we put up with this when not one of those situations has happened yet.
He’s so highly thought by Argentina that they put him in the squad when he likely won’t feature.
I’m glad that he’s back as he’s another option.

Last edited:

-Tanguy Ndombele
-Lo Celso
-Pierre Emile Hojbjerg
-Lloris
-Davinson Sanchez
-Eric Dier
-Ivan Perisic
-Ryan Sessegnon
- Sergio Reguilon

Let's be real, this post has been sitting in your drafts for about 4 months hasn't it.

-Tanguy Ndombele
-Lo Celso
-Pierre Emile Hojbjerg
-Lloris
-Davinson Sanchez
-Eric Dier

-Ivan Perisic
-Ryan Sessegnon
- Sergio Reguilon

Things are nowhere near as bad as that......

"ZERO depth"???

We DO have depth, we just currently have a lot of injuries (mostly up front).....

RB - Royal (who is good enough for #2)
LB - Davies (who the manager is clearly happy to play)
MF - Benta (i), PEH, Skipp, GLC (i)
FWD - Solomon (i), Perisic (i), Gil (i), Veliz, Johnson (i)

The only area we don't is CB (+ Forster isn't ideal).

I swear to god, if he plays for Argentina, then comes back 'injured'...I'm going to smack his big fucking nose clean off his fat fucking face.

Probably.

Well probably not, but I'll think it

Let's be real, this post has been sitting in your drafts for about 4 months hasn't it.
The end of last season destroyed me mate. My girlfriend made me promise to not watch the games live and take a break because it upset me so much and was ruining my weekends with her.

So yeah, I wasn't tracking our business over the summer. I was deliberately ignoring it and when Manor Solomon came on in our first games I was like "hang on, who is this guy?"

The depth situation IS pretty bad though. Ange really needs some new options.

The end of last season destroyed me mate. My girlfriend made me promise to not watch the games live and take a break because it upset me so much and was ruining my weekends with her.

So yeah, I wasn't tracking our business over the summer. I was deliberately ignoring it and when Manor Solomon came on in our first games I was like "hang on, who is this guy?"

The depth situation IS pretty bad though. Ange really needs some new options.

CB depth sucks but the squad is fine for 1 game a week.

-Tanguy Ndombele
-Lo Celso
-Pierre Emile Hojbjerg
-Lloris
-Davinson Sanchez
-Eric Dier
-Ivan Perisic
-Ryan Sessegnon
- Sergio Reguilon

Got some firing younger age group sides though so hopefully we get some quality out of that

Back
Top Bottom