Spurs Vs Liverpool - Saturday 30th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we offer to replay the match?

• Total voters
Lol from RAWK

If Klopp says a replay is the right thing I won’t disagree.

I can imagine that had we benefited from a legitimate goal being scored but denied by a var mistake he would grant our opponents a replay. In fact, he would probably do as Bielsa did in the Leeds v Villa game if he was told of the error during a match. Let them walk the ball into our goal.

He is a champion of fair play, although out current yellow and red card tally from 7 matches belies that thanks to the reffing we’ve been subjected to.’

Form a human ring around the Stadium. They shall not pass. No players, no officials, no fans, no stewards, NOBODY. No game gets played here tonight - I can see it all coming.

Power to the people!

All Klopp is doing is guaranteeing that the atmosphere is horrendous at our next meeting. He should have just said "it's over, it's a long season, etc." and told everyone to shut up about it.

I bet Levy is already trying to borrow someone else's bus for the Anfield trip.

Last edited:
I might agree to a replay, if they started one goal up and two men down.

It's just bullshit. That game just went pear shaped for them and there's no way we'd agree to a replay just as there's no way they'd agree to an accounting of their two red cards.

Shameless twats.

All Klopp is doing is guaranteeing that the atmosphere is horrendous at our next meeting. He should have just said "it's over", it's a long season, etc. and told everyone to shut up about it.

I bet Levy is already trying to borrow someone else's bus for the Anfield trip.
what's funny is if they had a 2-1 lead and 9 men we would have really pushed on to equalise and would have likley ended up battering them...

Form a human ring around the Stadium. They shall not pass. No players, no officials, no fans, no stewards, NOBODY. No game gets played here tonight - I can see it all coming.

Power to the people!
The Met would see red (literally) if this was replayed. Midweek at 8pm too.

And it's live on Sky...

"I cant remember seeing so many gutted scousers since the invention of locking wheel nuts"

Apologies if i stole this from here but i couldnt remember through all the laughing im doing

Right, so what do you propose to do about it?

As I say, if we all just say the ones we have are shit, getting worse, etc, then all that will happen eventually is they quit and go to a profession with less pressure, and presumably get replaced by the next tier down of 'refereeing quality'. Then what? What are you proposing exactly?

Promotion/relegation for refs. If they're good and consistently make the right calls, they get to handle big games, get bigger salary and better perks.
If they constantly getting it wrong then demote them to smaller games. Make the pay bonus based to a point so you don't have some league 2 gimp getting the same salary as the best of the best. Eventually, if they're still making a pigs ear of it, sack them.

Everyone should be responsible for their actions. But these cretins have to make a mistake of this magnitude to just get dropped for a weekend. Gross incompetence of this level would be a career ender in almost any other walk of life. They'd be stacking shelves in Tesco next week of they were in a normal job.

I also strongly believe there needs to be a fan body that voices their (sensible, pre checked, moderated) opinions on rules and how they're implemented.

I do not want to see referees and/or an out of touch governing body deciding how VAR is used and what is and isn't offside/handball/red card. We're seeing weak onfield officials not making any decisions and just hoping that VAR picks it up. And then we find out that dicks like Mike Dean deliberately don't get involved knowing he should, and these pillocks at the weekend didn't even know the lino had flagged offside.

We're the stakeholders, not them. If we are not entertained, their industry will suffer. They need to sort this out ASAP

Back
Top Bottom