Spurs Vs Liverpool - Saturday 30th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we offer to replay the match?

• Total voters
Diaz thought he scoreeeeed (he did)
Liverpool went maaaaad
Richy squared to sonnnyyyyy
The scousers looked all saaaad
They ended up with niiiine
We were running out of timeeeee
Porro bombed down the winggg
And Matip smashed it innnnn
Allez allez allez

"Let Liverpool score the goal they are due". What the fuck is this? Playground football?? Fucking hell, heard it all now, these pricks need to grow the fuck up!
Have been listening to Talk Sport this morning while driving. It was even suggested on there that the game be replayed. If that happens I’m done with football. These scousers are something else!

In terms of VAR, technically it has.

They had a perfectly good goal ruled out because those at VAR thought the goal was given and they said yes its onside, it's fine. Not realising it was given as off in the first place. I don't believe that's ever happened before.

Which makes it even funnier. 😂
It's only a first for that specific line of events.

I guarantee you plenty of good goals have been ruled out by VAR for offside. Lines, frame rates, camera angles all make it impossible to be certain and, IMO. should have led to considerably more goals being awarded since its introduction.

The problem is not VAR it is the rules and the interpretation of them.

The fact is the Liverpool goal was a genuine f up by the officials and ignores that their can be a misunderstanding in communication. We can ignore this because it is one case and a major fuck up but not deliberate.

The fact is whenever this has happened to Spurs whether it is the Mendes goal, Gomes stopping the ball on the line, the soft handball in the first minute of the champions league final, Jota trying to end Skipp's career, we have never received an apology for the mistake we have been told to move on. The fact is the Mendes Goal we were told it was more important that the linesman job was to check whether the player was offside than the ball crossed the line.

The apology actually angers me more because it is unwarranted because they do not give one out for every decision and gives these foaming at the mouth Liverpool fans and pundits an excuse.

They didn't apologise did they, they just made a statement explaining what happened

How many hundreds of incidents have there been in untelivised games where thousands of fans see something, but VAR don't even review it?
It's one thing VAR getting something horribly wrong, but how often have we all been scratching our heads as to why they're not even having a look, or the check is done in 3 seconds.

Why?

Abolish VAR to go back to the old system where referees were making even more incorrect decisions.

VAR gets the vast majority of decisions correct so if you want to abolish it you'll get even more errors.

The solution is to improve the people that use it or train them better.

Gene Simmons Stupidity GIF by TrueReal

It's hard to disagree with your argument.
I'm sorry, I can't get used to this "innovation", maybe it's because I can't handle it, that those who should be able to handle it can't handle it either?!

I'm not sure VAR is the issue. But they need to change the rules to prevent VAR from dictating things.

If the current offside rule for example needs you to take 5 minutes to decide what's right after drawing lines etc then it's ridiculous.

Doesn't help that the people making the decisions are so inconsistent that it makes a mockery of it all.

Let us hear the conversations too. Let us understand why they're making the decisions.
Like when I was at school!!!

That's what happens when you don't think everything through!
You and Shadydan's arguments cannot be refuted!

(When I was at school it was always said: stand in the corner, face the wall, don't disturb the lesson!)

Scared Tom And Jerry GIF by moodman

Hilarious but I think this is bollocks though.

The refs in this country have gone to shit and you can't even criticise them without getting a fine/ban.

There needs to be more accountability

On the contrary; calling refs bent has always been a disciplinary offence.

In terms of VAR, technically it has.

They had a perfectly good goal ruled out because those at VAR thought the goal was given and they said yes its onside, it's fine. Not realising it was given as off in the first place. I don't believe that's ever happened before.

Which makes it even funnier. 😂

They have fucked up an offside before. Wolves vs someone, camera zoom was wrong.

But also they draw the lines wrong all the time.

I hate VAR. Have done since its introduction.

If this game gets replayed for any reason whatsoever that will be me done with the Premier League.

I don't think it will happen but given it is those Dipper cunts who knows?

Have been listening to Talk Sport this morning while driving. It was even suggested on there that the game be replayed. If that happens I’m done with football. These scousers are something else!

just let them all cry it out of their system, there's no chance of a replay. the brain surgeons on talksport and sky will peddle it , but It would open a huge can of worms that can never be closed with all the mistakes that happen every week across all 4 leagues, not to mention Levy would end up taking up legal action against the league.

just let them cry
Sad Dos Mujeres Un Camino GIF

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom