Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

conte might as well retire at this point. fucking useless dumb cunt

I do find it funny if all the old defensive minded managers like Jose, Conte and Nuno etc it’s now David Moyes that is now the stand out old school manager if you where forced to pick a poison it would be him.

Honest question:
How long do think it'll be before a genuinely knowledgeable football YouTuber is invited onto MOTD or Soccer SaTURDay as a pundit???

Would put some of them to shame!
I don't think they'll do it until they're absolutely forced to.

That's what happened with all the current YouTubers you do see on these platforms (robbie(aftv)/ksi/chunkz type personalities) because their followings are huge.

The football analysis YouTubers perhaps have a way to go but once they're getting big numbers they'll definitely get their invites. Reluctantly of course - you just know the journos and ex player pundits would hate it.

Honest question:
How long do think it'll be before a genuinely knowledgeable football YouTuber is invited onto MOTD or Soccer SaTURDay as a pundit???

Would put some of them to shame!

They will have to soon because people will start switching off.

The internet offers more options and more independent views.

It's a shame because MOTD is an institution and a massive part of all of our childhoods but needs to evolve and fast.

They will have to soon because people will start switching off.

The internet offers more options and more independent views.

It's a shame because MOTD is an institution and a massive part of all of our childhoods but needs to evolve and fast.
The BBC are a joke, they have NFI what fans of their shows want and, tbh, it doesn't even matter. They charge us all whether we watch their shit anyway.

MoTD has been progressively downgraded, Question of Sport is unwatchable, Top Gear was dead long before a fucking dumb cricketer smashed a car up.
I can't think of anything on the BBC I want to watch anymore.

With Bissouma and Bentancur able to do this role and with this role so significant to how we play..... our scouting department simply cannot make the same mistakes it did when we came to the end of the Dembele/ Eriksen era of the club by being reactive to replacing.

Our model needs to be 2 additions to the first team each summer and 3 prospects.... thats a huge stride forward from where we felt we were 6 months ago but its so important we learn from our previous pain and dont let that slip now.

With Bissouma and Bentancur able to do this role and with this role so significant to how we play..... our scouting department simply cannot make the same mistakes it did when we came to the end of the Dembele/ Eriksen era of the club by being reactive to replacing.

Our model needs to be 2 additions to the first team each summer and 3 prospects.... thats a huge stride forward from where we felt we were 6 months ago but its so important we learn from our previous pain and dont let that slip now.
Our academy seems to be brimming with talent, hopefully there's some good news to come from there in the next few years.

A couple academy kids + signings should do wonders.

One yellow card away from a suspension now.

Ideally, I'd rather he never get another yellow but if he did I really hope it's this weekend. I think we could probably get by at home to Fulham. But away to Palace might be tricky and then we have Chelsea

One yellow card away from a suspension now.

Ideally, I'd rather he never get another yellow but if he did I really hope it's this weekend. I think we could probably get by at home to Fulham. But away to Palace might be tricky and then we have Chelsea
Yeah we’ve reached this stage with Biss just 7 games in…. How the fuck do you replace him if/when he’s out

He wasn’t as creative as previous matches but watching him chase down salad to then win a foul second half just led me to make the comparison with midfield past and present … I’d say sarr and bentacur aside every other candidate is either too lazy, too switched off or too slow

IMO he began to run out of creative ideas towards the end …. I think physically and more mentally he looked spent …. I wasn’t against the sub

Too early to call him worldclass but he’s been worldclass this season for us

How do we play without him ?

I do find it funny if all the old defensive minded managers like Jose, Conte and Nuno etc it’s now David Moyes that is now the stand out old school manager if you where forced to pick a poison it would be him.
I think Conte could easily do what Moyes is doing at West Ham. He really isn't that bad, and I say that as someone who wanted him gone for the majority of last season.

People just didn't do their research on him. It's not a secret that he prefers workhorses in midfield who can execute his rigid passing patterns. That's not Bissouma's game at all.

I think Conte could easily do what Moyes is doing at West Ham. He really isn't that bad, and I say that as someone who wanted him gone for the majority of last season.

People just didn't do their research on him. It's not a secret that he prefers workhorses in midfield who can execute his rigid passing patterns. That's not Bissouma's game at all.

Conte is a great manager in the right head space. Problem is he will meltdown in the 2-3 season at a club, that isn’t a sustainable manager to build around despite his talent. He is basically a guy to grab an elite team of players by the balls, win a title then quit and fuck off.

Back
Top Bottom