Newcastle United at Home 10.11.13 @ 12:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This league needs Sir Alex back, nobody has a clue what to do!!! Chelsea, City, United all underperforming - I hope united fk up Woolwich later

good lord
:paulinhofacepalm:

Mick, I dont think its a bad comment. I agree with it. Gomes is a better keeper, yes he is prone to a mistake similar to Lloris (Remember outside the box handling and KO'ing the Swansea player which could of been a red?) Im not criticising Lloris, just pointing out the similarities to Gomes.

He would suit our system much more than Friedel.

Brad will quickly become a hate figure if he has to play anymore games. He is way off the pace, and should be remembered fondly.

As SMC pointed out earlier, it was very bizarre for AVB to spend the week justifying the decision to keep Lloris on the pitch as he was fine......then bow to the press and drop him today.

If he was not ok today, then AVB should make a public apology to Lloris for risking his life.

Cant have it all

Well Sunderland have made things a bit better. Knowing Spurs we will beat City 6-0 in a fortnights time with Soldado scoring all 6 and then we will be all talking about being potential title contenders, which we can if we use our 2nd half performance as the bench mark

Hah ...
At least both teams will probably go all guns blazing, after they both suffered defeats before a long dreadful international break.
#TimeToMakeItOrBreakIt

This season was always going to be complete swings and roundabouts now its out of Alex's clutches, aside from Arse nobody has been consistent, its like there is a void

fucking hell some of you guys seem to positively delight in seeing AVB lose matches.

The second half today was pure one way traffic except this time we actually created chances. Cue krul having what he himself has described as 'the highlight of his career'

I don't think we set up at the start how many of us wanted to. I would have started lamela and either dropped townsend or put him on the left. Other than that I think the team is pretty much what most of us would have expected.

Lloris missing proved huge - not AVB's fault if that's what the medical dept have put pressure on him to do.
Paulinho, Dembele and Walker fucking around with the ball under pressure in front of our own box - not AVB's fault
Paulinho going into a 50-50 challenge at 10-90 like a little baby - not AVB's fault.
Set pieces, some were shit, yes but no more than any other club. One of them was clearly off the training ground for soldado's header which the keeper pulled off a cracking save. Another hit the cross bar from a corner. How many other teams create more than 2 or 3 clear chances from set pieces in a match?

re: Lamela not featuring? well i imagine he was hoping to give him some minutes but we needed to bring sandro on to get a grip of CM which he did at half time (btw plenty on here normally accuse him of not acting quickly enough) and his hand was forced with Vlad going off so we're left with 45 minutes to play and only one change to make. He did what 99% of most other managers would do when losing a game late on and threw on another striker.
Personally I'd have liked holtby on for paulinho as for me he had one of his worst games in a spurs shirt today.

I don't think the sun shines out of his arse, but calling for AVB's sacking is fucking infantile behaviour. Look at all the gooners who were screaming for wenger to be sacked and ramsey to be sold after ONE fucking game this season.

I am as gutted as anyone else on here and I appreciate people use forums to vent (better here than in the ground) but this place is fast becoming like GG with all the feuding and moaning.Depressing as fuck

fucking hell some of you guys seem to positively delight in seeing AVB lose matches.

No.
Its a horrible situation when you hate the way your team plays.

Lucky enough for most of the people here though:

"We are playing well, nothing is wrong, and AVB is doing everything as he should.

We cant judge the team as its not the finished article, and the players are gelling and it could take a whole year.
Patience. Support the team. Support the manager.
"

etc etc etc

First you get accused of being a cunt for thinking the team is atrocious on the eye and ineffective....then you get accused of being delighted we lost, when everyone starts to agree with you.

Sigh

@ sammyspurs sammyspurs i don't wish to get into a needless scrap with you. you know i'm a reasonable poster. But please please stop trying to ram your point down everyone's throat. we know where you stand and you're entitled to your opinion. but you don't need to repeat yourself over and over to convince anyone.

I invite you to perhaps write a considered article for the front page on your recommendations for how Spurs should play or which manager should come in and replace AVB. Then your solutions are out there for everyone to read - even beyond this forum as the articles are read by non-members. The constant machine gunning of negative posts just gets irritating to read.

@ Mad Yid Mad Yid perhaps you'd like to do the same. @ Erik_Edman Erik_Edman made a cracking post explaining his position recently and it was greeted pretty well, even if it was negative.

(and no i won't just stick you on ignore because that doesn't solve anything. only people i ignore are those who are clearly just here to insult other members)

I think when fit both Kaboul and Sandro are nailed on starters for ANY premier league fixture, gives us a bit more urgency in deeper positions. Dembele seemed way too relaxed on the ball today for my liking. Think Siggy would be more effective as an impact sub when defences are tiring and giving away lose balls around the box, other than that hes not great at delivering the ball to Soldado. Lamela (Right) and Townsend (Left) also have to start in the wide positions from now on me thinks!

Personally I'd have liked holtby on for paulinho as for me he had one of his worst games in a spurs shirt today.

that's funny I actually think Paulinho was one of our best players today dictating our tempo and spreading play

yeah he made a mistake for their goal but it was just as much whoever passed him the balls fault as it was pretty much a suicide pass he had little chance of getting to

that aside though he was immense

I don't take one iota of pleasure in seeing this side lose, but I'm pretty certain in my conviction at this point that AVB isn't the manager to take us where this £100m squad should be going. Sandro was evidently fit today and should have started. Lloris not even being in the squad was a pretty clear indication that AVB called the whole situation surrounding his injury to some extent wrong. And for almost the 11th week in a row, a lower-table Premiership club manager who most would say wouldn't be fit to manage us has demonstrated the flaws in AVB's tactics by sitting deep, soaking up pressure and punishing us on the break. Not ONE thing changed about our system going into this game and not one thing will change next week.

Not good enough. We should be looking more comfortable than this by this point in the season, wins or not. Soldado, Paulinho, Eriksen all deserve better orchestration than this. No excuses.

that's funny I actually think Paulinho was one of our best players today dictating our tempo and spreading play

yeah he made a mistake for their goal but it was just as much whoever passed him the balls fault as it was pretty much a suicide pass he had little chance of getting to

that aside though he was immense
I would not say he was immense, but when sandro came on he was much better, Paulinho I have noticed in every game this season is so much better in the attacking half than defending, when it was him and dembele both were useless, everyone knows their role when sandro on, he can get forward

@ sammyspurs sammyspurs i don't wish to get into a needless scrap with you. you know i'm a reasonable poster. But please please stop trying to ram your point down everyone's throat. we know where you stand and you're entitled to your opinion. but you don't need to repeat yourself over and over to convince anyone.

Im not arguning with you, but dont fucking imply Im happy with the defeat.

It proves nothing. I have said we have been awful for weeks.....so nothing has changed from me, and Im not trying to convince anyone of anything.

If the happy clappers are still happy, then fine.....at least they aint knee jerking twats.

If, suddenly, today its all gone wrong for them, then they really are a bunch of dick heads, because the only thing that changed today, was that we didnt get a soft penalty, and Hugo was out.

I actually think we were BETTER today going forward and said so during the game. Says alot about the last games imo.

@ sammyspurs sammyspurs

I invite you to perhaps write a considered article for the front page on your recommendations for how Spurs should play or which manager should come in and replace AVB. Then your solutions are out there for everyone to read - even beyond this forum as the articles are read by non-members. The constant machine gunning of negative posts just gets irritating to read.

Dont read them then mate.

And the last time I suggested what I would do to improve the team, I was accused of "thinking you know more than AVB you cunt"

Remember?

Back
Top Bottom