Tottenham Hotspur vs Sheriff Tiraspol 07.11.13 8PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Man, you're not wrong.... You were RIGHT behind!
Looked alright on the telly, but definitely got a bit 'clumpy' at one point... I may need to work on my throwing technique on the training ground!

not to be cunty as i no this is a spurs forum but just wanted to show you a clip from my other footballing love the Western Sydney Wanderers...i no apples and oranges (given how much of a cunt some of your stewards can be) but have a look at our ticker tape..im somewhere in the middle..

Quality night as usual.

Well pleased for Lamela.

Some fella I see at away games got nicked last night. He was 2 rows in front of me and I couldn't see him do a thing wrong. As I was leaving he was getting carted out, asked a steward why they're doing that, got told it's 'police business'.

not to be cunty as i no this is a spurs forum but just wanted to show you a clip from my other footballing love the Western Sydney Wanderers...i no apples and oranges (given how much of a cunt some of your stewards can be) but have a look at our ticker tape..im somewhere in the middle..

Thanks for that clip OZ, it's really great that football (soccer) seems to be taking off in Australia as well as the USA and many other countries. Truly it is now the world game.

Congratulations to the crowd and in particular 1882 movement - aussie spur watching the game 7am oz time the noise was awesome.
Well done to everyone concerned - keep it going.

Only caught the second half on Itv4, looked like another great atmosphere even though we weren't exactly banging them in. They had so many men behind the ball! You'd think they'd show some ambition going forward considering they were out.

Another step up for Lamela, the more games he gets the better he's going to perform, that dribble through the box to get the penalty was underrated by the commentators. Could have been one of those moments...

A CLEAR BREACH OF FIRE REGULATIONS!!!

Very impressive... how does it stay UP there so long??? ARC the wrist, arc it!

The continuous singing to Lewis Holtby as he warmed up was quality. The guy nearly tripped over his own grin! :)

It's nice to FINALLY have a cult hero that's actually any GOOD...
(sorry all you GINGER PELE, BERTI & FREUND fans out there!!)

You call everything else 'footy', but not soccer. Weird.

Are you Parramatta way?

Mate to be honest it stumps me as well, my only guess would be 'soccer' in AUS kinda caught on late, after the other popular sports like league, union and AFL were established and in an effort to distinguish themselves chose 'soccer'... The A-league use to be called the NSL- national soccer league....think they stole the idea off the yanks who also had there own established codes...

Yeh I'm from out parramatta way....

AFL is from Victoria, league and union are popular in the eastern states(NSW, QLD).. Difference between league and union supporters, league is working class and union supporters tend to be white and rich..

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleagu...69/match=2012569/postmatch/quotes/index.html?

Some excellent and more revealing than usual quotes from the players here. Most heart-warming for me is Kaboul's praise of the crowd, 'our 12th man'.

Also noticed AVB's little homage to the whole 1882 movement;

“We want to qualify first, but we also want to leave a good impression for the fans and honour the shirt that we wear.

Maybe the message has been getting through all along...
We take pride in singing for it, and they take pride playing for it!

A CLEAR BREACH OF FIRE REGULATIONS!!!

Very impressive... how does it stay UP there so long??? ARC the wrist, arc it!
Probably stays up there so long because we don't have a cunty steward measuring how far it travels up....more than 2 metres at the lane and ur having too much fun and supporting ur team to well...
OUT WITH U HOOLIGAN!!!

Back
Top Bottom