Tottenham Hotspur vs Sheriff Tiraspol 07.11.13 8PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd love to see a Steward have to tell a fiercely proud Israeli Spurs fan to put his National flag away!
It's THE NATIONAL FLAG OF ISRAEL, not a religious one.... As far as I know, there isn't a flag of Jewish!

The steward that took the flag was a Jew funnily enough. He wasn't offended apparantley but was scared someone might take offence of it... Go figure.

Weird times.

I also heard there a few ejections?

Was on the Block 34/35 divide. Superb atmosphere led by the constant chanting by those around me. Was like turning the clock back to proper football supporting. Enjoyed it all, old songs, new songs. Especially liked the "Let's pretend we scored a goal" and "Shoes up" moments.

The goal thing was hilarious.

Possibly. But that's not how the Shelf and others would see it, and understandably so in my opinion. They get booed if they don't respond within 1.5 seconds and cheered patronisingly if they do reply.
There was quite a bit of "You're the Shelf Side..." from the Park Lane, which was funny to start with, but I can understand why it might have grated.

There was quite a bit of "You're the Shelf Side..." from the Park Lane, which was funny to start with, but I can understand why it might have grated.

I tried a were the Paxton when you asked for a song. Only 4 of us did it. There we some chaps by where the Cypriot flag is in the corner. But it was grim.

Defiantly a valid reason, it appeared to be a major accident between a HGV, car/s & the central reservation.

All the emergency services, highways agency etc. were on the scene and did a fantastic job, from what I saw as the traffic passed the scene of the collision. I really do hope no-one was seriously injured.

Jesus, didn't know you didn't make the game.

The M11 slip road was shut south bound at the M25 as I came back past it after the game. There was some traffic on the road though stuck by what seemed like another accident?! Was a bit odd.

Lucky for me I went down the A12 today and not the M11 or I would have been stuck near you. Traffic everywhere it took me about an hour and a half longer to get to the ground than usual.

Not the best performance tonight on the pitch, Lamela stands out by far. Awesome from block 35/1882ers.

The stewards we're complete dicks tonight, using the old bill to pull random people from the edges of those standing up to caution them about the use of the Y word. These wankers are actively working to prevent any atmosphere being created. They appear to answer to no one and are purely on a power kick. Something needs to be done.

Guy in front of me got pulled and cautioned. He was two rows from the back, right in the middle. Fuck knows how they could make out what he was saying... no one around him could.

Had a great time.

Couldn't make the pre match drinks in the end but got there just as the game was kicking off and sang my fucking brains out.

Highlights:

- 'phones out' to protect a Yid
- a man who MUST have been @ 1882 1882 starting the Etienne Capoue song as well as trying for Sunday, Monday Harry Kane. Mate, you are amazing.
- the obligatory Nicola Berti renditions...
- the obligatory Judas and John Terry abuse
- respecting the King
- shoes off/pogo if you love Tottenham.

And so much more. Fucking incredible.

The atmosphere from where I was sitting (Sydney Australia) was fantastic. My hats off to 1882...
Transition into the final third was still too slow, but slightly better than previously(admitedly against weaker opposition). I hope Holtby and Eriksen both start against the toon (wishful thinking?), with sandro (if not still injured) the only holding midfielder. Lamela on the right and townsend on the left..COYS

did anyone think dembele had one of his better game today/showed improvement?
now I know he gave away possession a few times and looked awfully casual at times aswell (to my annoyance) i did think he drove towards goal alot more, had a few decent shots, and dribbled vertically more than usual (as opposed to sideways)...Im seeing signs of improvement though his lack of goal threat given his talent sometimes leaves me wondering..

I was right behind @ 1882 1882 and got his ticker tape on film. Starts about 30 seconds in.

Man, you're not wrong.... You were RIGHT behind!
Looked alright on the telly, but definitely got a bit 'clumpy' at one point... I may need to work on my throwing technique on the training ground!

- a man who MUST have been @ 1882 1882 starting the Etienne Capoue song as well as trying for Sunday, Monday Harry Kane. Mate, you are amazing.
- the obligatory Nicola Berti renditions...
- the obligatory Judas and John Terry abuse
- respecting the King
- shoes off/pogo if you love Tottenham.

And so much more. Fucking incredible.

Gawd bless ya Guv'nor!

Yes, that was me, but it wouldn't be fair to take credit for the Capoue/Scooby Doo song, I was merely starting it back up when it seemed to fizzle out to the left of me! V.funny whoever came up with that!

The Harry Kane/Happy Days Is ALL my own work though!!
It got another airing at the end when, if I'm not mistaken, we were being HELD BACK like away fans!

Man, you're not wrong.... You were RIGHT behind!
Looked alright on the telly, but definitely got a bit 'clumpy' at one point... I may need to work on my throwing technique on the training ground!
You wrist 'action' needs refinement

:townhmm:

Back
Top Bottom