Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Very disappointing last couple of weeks of the transfer window. They knew we needed a centre back and a goal scoring forward and still haven't signed them. Haggling over a few million pounds is just putting the team behind where they should be. Linked to Orban, Vlahovic, David, Kyogo, Ferguson and didn't get anyone. Richarliason and Son are both not good enough in front of goals. Hoping for something miraculous just before the window closes. Will need the midfielders to keep scoring our goals.

Then buy some one with a better skill set for that price. I would prefer exe or gonckaves. We could have got Scott fir £20M he would have been an exciting purchase and would still allowed Sarr and skipp to develop.

Scott might not be ready. If we want a guy with elite skill set like Bissouma or Maddison then Eze is the obvious but he would be £70m and I doubt we will pay that.

Sarcasm Smh GIF by Awkward Daytime TV

A good day tomorrow and I mean a good day considering our owners will be Gallagher, Schurrs, Kelly and Johnson. That is as good as it gets under this lot and much more likely to be Kelly, turned down by Gallagher,we tried for Schurrs and Johnson was too dear, keeping money for next window. Sick to the eye teeth if Levy and Enic

Like I just said; Gallagher can't do the Biss job (or the Maddison job), so it just just PEH deluxe (though I'm not even sure if he's that much more deluxe that PEH).

...Someone to properly deputise for Biss... Great?
........Sell GLC and get better Maddison cover.... Also great?
..................That other #8 role isn't the one that's gonna make this system tick tho'. I'd have no problem keeping PEH to cover Sarr if that's his designated role....... Just seems like a waste to spend a PEH fee + 20/30m for that.

Come Jan, if Benta's recovery goes well we'll have Sarr, Benta & Gallagher all figting for the same gametime in a 1 game per week season.... It's a complete waste. May as well keep PEH as cover for Sarr and then just sell him in Jan if Benta bounces back nicely.

It’s not where I’d be spending either.

Unless Ange sees Tanc as playing the Bissouma role more.

Will say Fulham shows he needs 6 CMs with the mobility and ball carrying to play his way.

Boss, Sarr, Madd, Tanc, Gallagher, Skipp for now.

Eze for Lo Celso in January or the summer. Would also guess Skipp goes on loan in Jan or next summer.

Boss, Sarr, Madd, Tanc, Gallagher, Eze…

I could 100% get behind that CM 6.

Back
Top Bottom