Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
We've been behind the 8 ball operating from a position of weakness in every transfer window for YEARS.

The outgoings tomorrow are more important than the incomings toward fixing that, tbh.
So no functional starting striker is acceptable? Two wingers unsuited to the manager s system? A defence where we only have 2 cbs and still have 3 left backs?

This window is a 1/10 and that is being kind. The fact is we have done next to nothing to strengthen the team and have only weakened it is acceptable. Also this is the last season with a large leeway on ffp but Levy is getting ready for ffp 3 years down the line.

At least it will be all over tomorrow.

Sarcastic Season 9 GIF by The Office

Due diligence? Lol.

Cheaper riskier punt GK (finance first), no chance of staying at a relegated team who needed to sell as his contract was up in 2024, VDV £35.4m fee plus a fuck load of add-ons, Solomon contract situation due to the war.

Diligence in spending as little money as feasibly possible as per usual.
Who cares if we got Udogie for £20m, Sarr for £18m, Bissouma for £25m, Madders for £40m. Chelsea splunked £85m on Mudryk.

Ambishun.

I guess they see him as able to do 6 and 8.

Thing about the Fulham game is it shows you that Ange can’t work without depth in his squad. We will need 6 CMs that can play his system. We have 3 and hopefully Bentancur getting back to his best eventually.
Skipp not yet…

Like I just said; Gallagher can't do the Biss job (or the Maddison job), so it just just PEH deluxe (though I'm not even sure if he's that much more deluxe that PEH).

...Someone to properly deputise for Biss... Great?
........Sell GLC and get better Maddison cover.... Also great?
..................That other #8 role isn't the one that's gonna make this system tick tho'. I'd have no problem keeping PEH to cover Sarr if that's his designated role....... Just seems like a waste to spend a PEH fee + 20/30m for that.

Come Jan, if Benta's recovery goes well we'll have Sarr, Benta & Gallagher all figting for the same gametime in a 1 game per week season.... It's a complete waste. May as well keep PEH as cover for Sarr and then just sell him in Jan if Benta bounces back nicely.

So you're saying we wouldn't have signed a centre half or an attacking midfielder unless we sold Kane? Then tell me... what was the point in building the new stadium? Wasn't that supposed to put us in the big time? But here we are having to sell our best ever player just to make essential squad purchases.

It was clear to everyone except Levy that Richarlison is shite. Going from Kane to that useless lump is like ditching a supermodel to date a cross-eyed, toothless old hag.

Not getting in another top striker is not just negligence, it's fucking sabotage.

You would have thought the highest paid chairman in the league would have done something to help us. But as always, it's a big fat no.
Well it also comes down to whether Ange thinks he can do a job . Appears like we were interested in Orban for weeks and £25M would have been worth the risk. However Ange has said forward priorities has changed and wants johnsson for twice as much. Everyone says trust Ange and if his happy with that then they are. That I think is to only tie the party line of backing Ange no matter what. However if Johnson turns out to be another £50M tird like ti I then I’m sure they will all switch votes.

Gallagher will be at the expense of Skipp and Hojberg, Sarr can play the 6 role which Gallagher can’t as 6 in Ange’s team needs elite ball control.

Only Bissouma, Sarr and possibly Bentancur have the skillset for a deep lying midfielder who can progress the ball and is press resistant. I don’t see Gallagher being suited for that.
Then buy some one with a better skill set for that price. I would prefer exe or gonckaves. We could have got Scott fir £20M he would have been an exciting purchase and would still allowed Sarr and skipp to develop.

Back
Top Bottom