Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah, the Tanguy thing really just confirmed for me that I don't know know anywhere as much as I think I do, and how little past performance really guarantees the quality of a player as they transfer.
At least some of you are admitting it at last.
The amount of bedroom experts on here makes me crack up.

When people all realise they know fuck all and just wait and see, the better.

Are you trying to tell me that we cannot attract and sign a reasonable replacement with that 100m plus kane fee. Or are you suggesting we just say fuck it can't get anyone as good just forget about signing anyone.You won't replace kane which is why I didn't want him sold. But now he's gone you need to put an adequate player in his place. If the club can't do that then they're not fit to run a football club.
I'm not saying it's impossible to get a CF, but who would you want? Even if we were prepared to break our record transfer fee tomorrow, who would you want, bearing in mind that:
- the player needs to be willing to come
- his club needs to be willing to sell him

It's a weird market this summer - loads of really good midfielders going all over the place, but very few CFs...

(To be clear, I'm not trying to make excuses for the club, I'm genuinely interested in who people want and think we could realistically get).

No. We're not doing this. Please. Not the compilations to convince ourselves.

Shaq No GIF

You'll get there eventually. When you've suffered 2 decades of ENIC and ridicule just for saying you support a once successful club.
You can't be a long standing Spurs fan if you don't hate them at least as much as you love spurs.
I’ve been a spurs fan since 1992 people are welcome to support spurs in whatever way they see fit.

Lloyd Kelly reminds me of a budget VdV.

we desperately need VdV cover and I think he could be that. At least there's some thinking in that move, he suits Ange's highline well as he's a CB/LB hybrid with some pace.

I watched him play Salah really well vs. Liverpool last year, he was quite strong against ours at the end of last season. While probably distinctly average overall, he's still young and as a PL-proven rotation option we could do a lot worse.

Back
Top Bottom