Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kulu just needs to produce. Produce goals and assists like Kane and Son did during their career. I want my wingers to not just cross balls in or make key passes. They got to be able to score. That is the only thing I care about.

Kulu just needs to produce. Produce goals and assists like Kane and Son did during their career. I want my wingers to not just cross balls in or make key passes. They got to be able to score. That is the only thing I care about.
I don't blame him for not scoring, because we haven't really created chances for him to score, since Son has a similar issue to him from the other side, though he works around his limitations better.

He’s a very boring wide player.
Leave Kulu alone, Deuterz! He got an 'assist' in that game...and you love the shiny objects like most around here.

Here's your 'assist' folks...

View: https://imgur.com/a/BU9paJq

or

You point is valid though. The levels that disingenuous folks will go to justify an ill-fitting player's inclusion. We didn't need him...we shouldn't have made him permanent...and now he's our problem on the field for the next 5 years AND on the forum with the whack-a-moleing of gaslighting argument ready morons that want to keep saying up is down.

edit: turns out, rightly, no assist was given for that play...which it shouldn't have been...

Last edited:
Made some good runs and looked good IMO.

I don't necessarily even think he played badly. I just think he's dull. He's very predictable in how he plays and is pretty pedestrian. He's just not a wide player who gets you out of his seat. In the two games so far he has 0.14xA total and 0.08xG. He's just not creating much nor offering a goal threat.

People have their issues with Son but he at least was creating danger. Kulu is just sort of there, not incompetent or doing anything particularly badly, but nor is he generating dangerous situations at all.

He'll never be a consistent goalscorer

That much is pretty clear

Like Son. Better than Brentford. Think they both need to resist the urge to cut inside.
It's not a question of cutting inside or not. It's about the execution and speed of thought and action.

Kulu, when he was playing well, constantly cut inside, but he did it decisively, and quickly, making it a nightmare for defenders to keep up. He also had an immense about dribbling success, like when he sat Mings on his arse.

Right now both him and Son are extremely hesitant and slow when given time and space. Kulu often has loads of space in front of him but chooses not to shoot for some reason.

Leave Kulu alone, Deuterz! He got an 'assist' in that game...and you love the shiny objects like most around here.

Here's your 'assist' folks...

View: https://imgur.com/a/BU9paJq

or

You point is valid though. The levels that disingenuous folks will go to justify an ill-fitting player's inclusion. We didn't need him...we shouldn't have made him permanent...and now he's our problem on the field for the next 5 years AND on the forum with the whack-a-moleing of gaslighting argument ready morons that want to keep saying up is down.

edit: turns out, rightly, no assist was given for that play...which it shouldn't have been...

He's fine. He's just not that much better than our other options -- not enough to warrant how nailed-on he's been since he's arrived and is available.

Curious to what metrics are being observed and considered besides "he's great in training".

Worst case scenario we sell him for a small loss (categorize it under 'depreciation' over the length of his contract with us) to Everton.

He's fine. He's just not that much better than our other options -- not enough to warrant how nailed-on he's been since he's arrived and is available.

Curious to what metrics are being observed and considered besides "he's great in training".

Worst case scenario we sell him for a small loss (categorize it under 'depreciation' over the length of his contract with us) to Everton.
Sure, he's 'fine' but why even make the purchase this summer? If you know somehting isn't good enough for your needs then why did so many want him made permanent...at a cost! He will NEVER be good enough for out supposed ambitions so why make him permanent when we could have gotten a real dangerman for not much more?

That's my gripe, really. We go about setting ourselves a ceiling with purchases like this...and we will NOT sell him in the next 3-4 years because the numbers won't make sense yet. He will hang around slowing play and passing backwards for the next foreseeable and we didn't have to do it...and it was obvious at the time.

And I know you're not his biggest booster...I'm just asking obvious questions of frustration.

Shooting from shit angles every time he got the ball is not a good thing.
I mean, it's better than getting tackled on the halfway line because defenders just force him wide onto his weaker foot.
Even if his shot is ultimately shit, it's at least forcing the opposition back, creating the chance for a bounce or deflection or maybe just going in.
But really, if he can get into those positions more often, he needs to at least put some power on it and not aim it directly at the keeper.
im not sure some of them are shots. they are like cross/shots waiting for a little nick. just didnt execute any as good as they needed to be
Waiting for Richarlison to "pounce"

He's quite shit sometimes, but he's never boring.

Really? 0.14xA and 0.08xG isn't boring for an attacking player?

He does the same shit every time. He's got no pace, no unpredictability. Just shifts on to his left and crosses.

Occasionally I do like his ability to jink past someone and whip it in on his left but its all he has. He doesn't even really go for goal anymore.

Son was so much more active and so much more of a livewire vs United.

He's quite shit sometimes, but he's never boring.
OMG!!!! You've gone from this
Happy Lets Go GIF by Poms

to admitting he's shit..."sometimes". Slowly the worm turns, huh? In another 6 months you might be asking "so why did we make Kulu permanent again?"

OMG!!!! You've gone from this
Happy Lets Go GIF by Poms

to admitting he's shit..."sometimes". Slowly the worm turns, huh? In another 6 months you might be asking "so why did we make Kulu permanent again?"
Absolutely not. Ikea Rimjob Mafia 4 Lyfe.

His understanding with Porro and Bissouma looks good, you have to read the game well to get released into those positions as he was over and over on Saturday.

More end product required but I believe in him in that regard.

Thought of a new chant for the lad:
To the tune of kolo, kolo kolo, kolo kolo, kolo TOURE.. yaya, yaya...

We've got this:

Kulu, Kulu Kulu, Kulu Kulu, Kulu Kulu SEVSKI

Pedro, pedro pedro, pedro pedro, pedro pedro PORRO

Back
Top Bottom