Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How would one EVER live up?!
You wouldn't, you'd just bask in the glory of being blessed to have spawned from his seed.

IMO Lloris is the ultimate true alpha male. Incredible self belief and confidence. Absolutely no hesitation when he comes off his line not a single fucking stutter, he doesn't doubt his instincts at all he just goes for it- in big games under lots of pressure. Again and again and again.
And when he has a close call, does this knock him back? Not at all he keeps going, he keeps rushing off his line to play as a last man defender like an adrenaline junkie. He keeps coming for crosses in no man's land, he dives at that feet of ferocious attackers, sticks his hands, body, face you name it where most players wouldn't fancy sticking their boot.

To top it off he isn't some tough guy compensating for his lack of ability, he is a world class keeper.

I think I actually love Hugo. Today just summed him up, he didn't take no shit he demanded to be kept on the pitch regardless of the fact he didn't know where he was minutes earlier. Handsome guy but don't get it twisted, he will knock you the fuck out like he did to Michu. He's the best sweeper keeper I've ever seen in my life tbh. It's such a joke that no elite level club came in for him, and I pray that it stays that way.

I've no idea why I wrote all this but I have, <3 Lloris. Feels so weird that my fav Spurs player is likely to be a goalie.

You wouldn't, you'd just bask in the glory of being blessed to have spawned from his seed.

IMO Lloris is the ultimate true alpha male. Incredible self belief and confidence. Absolutely no hesitation when he comes off his line not a single fucking stutter, he doesn't doubt his instincts at all he just goes for it- in big games under lots of pressure. Again and again and again.
And when he has a close call, does this knock him back? Not at all he keeps going, he keeps rushing off his line to play as a last man defender like an adrenaline junkie. He keeps coming for crosses in no man's land, he dives at that feet of ferocious attackers, sticks his hands, body, face you name it where most players wouldn't fancy sticking their boot.

To top it off he isn't some tough guy compensating for his lack of ability, he is a world class keeper.

I think I actually love Hugo. Today just summed him up, he didn't take no shit he demanded to be kept on the pitch regardless of the fact he didn't know where he was minutes earlier. Handsome guy but don't get it twisted, he will knock you the fuck out like he did to Michu. He's the best sweeper keeper I've ever seen in my life tbh. It's such a joke that no elite level club came in for him, and I pray that it stays that way.

I've no idea why I wrote all this but I have, <3 Lloris. Feels so weird that my fav Spurs player is likely to be a goalie.
I absolutely love him too. Him and Sandro are just perfect.

Massive fan of Hugo, and said last season AVB made a big mistake in preferring Brad to him for some vital games that cost us crucial points, eg Chelsea at home.

It must have come as quite a shock to the French captain to be second choice to a 41 year old.

I think he could well become our best keeper since Pat Jennings.

Lyon fans used to sing the below loudly and on repeat:
"Hugo Lloris! Hugo Lloris!
Hugo Hugo Hugo Lloris"

Simple but effective.

Theres got to be a day after picture coming soon

He must have a huge welt or a black eye

Fucking legend

Best sweeper keeper in the game to me and in the conversation for best keeper in the PL right now

Love his determination to stay on. Love his steadfast questioning of authority. This guy takes shit from nobody.

I just hope for his sake there are no repercussions when staying on after (what looked like) a nasty head injury. That wasn't so smart.

Last edited:
Only just realised from reading the paper he's got the most clean sheets in the league.

His wife has apparently said that Hugo is fine. Well done to him for staying on the pitch to help our cause. Well done to AVB for backing him

NOT well done by AVB or the club in leaving us landed with a 42 year old as our back up keeper. One of the biggest mistakes of the last window, and one that leaves us making desperate decisions like that. I trust the situation will be rectified in January.

BTW, for me Hugo is on track to be our best keeper since Pat Jennings and is the best keeper in the country.

Back
Top Bottom