Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United (19th Aug - 5.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not saying the performance was perfect - it wasn't - but the feeling I (and everyone around me - Block 516, front row) experienced was something else - almost as good as the Madrid game at Wembley.

Apologies if this has been mentioned upthread but the other thing I took away is that will be zero passengers in this team. I have to give Højbjerg his dues - for someone supposedly on his way out he didn't shirk one bit - maybe he isn't going and he knows he has to stop it with sap performances from last season. Bissouma has set the bar, and good luck to him in keeping it high. Outstanding performance from him.

Crikey mates.

Fair dinkum that second half was a piece of piss.

Strewth we rooted those drongos, i'm fucking stoked with that. Might pick up the sheila and head over to the servo for sanga and a slab.

Fucking buggered after that. You little rippers. .
Later cunts.

:ange-arms2:

Rack off, you flamin galah

So - just got home...

A game of 2 halves! First half we were crap and luckily they matched us for crapness.

Second half - man did we come alive! There was some stupendous football going on there.

And finally - an atmosphere to rival the NLD of two seasons ago (almost). It was B U Z Z I N G. Well done to all the fans. Those tifos really help. It was very nice to see the away fans shrink more and more - and eventually skulk out with their tails between their legs.

COYS!!
But how were the sandwiches? :sonhmm:

Porro's best game in a Spurs shirt, Bissouma MOM for me and ran that United midfield ragged, and hope he takes Fernandez out of his shorts pocket before throwing them in the wash.

Sarr looked like he had five seasons under his belt, and Maddison incoming is the best thing to happen to this club since perhaps Modric, Dembele or perhaps Ardiles.

Obvious we have issues with Richy, and Son in my opinion should be moved to the middle and Solomon slotted in on the left.

Limited time on the pitch maybe but one goal in thirty one appearances for Richy would suggest that we likely have another Soldado on our hands?

Overall we rode our luck at times, have a brilliant pairing at centre back but still short in one or two areas.

We will lack goals up front this season which it worrying.

Baldy Cunt needs to spend some of the Kane money and spend it quick!

COYS!

Just got done watching it, and boy did I enjoy that. What a fantastic start at home. There was a moment in the second half when suddenly you could see the players start to believe. In themselves, the system, and that they are good enough to win this game. What a joy it was to watch them pin Man U back and dominate them with slick passing and attacking intent. And then have the ability to see the game out with nous.
We were lucky at times and could have been behind in the first half, we probably will get done at some point against a more lethal team, but no doubt there is something special building here and we must keep believing and investing in it. Son and Richarlison still struggling, if we had a couple of more effective forwards up there, we could be a real threat to this league.

Let's not forget Van de Ven and Vicario - the two new V's at the back - they were both great. Vicario in particular. His athletic reaction saves were incredible. Well done to him. And VdV is a good solid presence. Good signings, both of them.

And Solomon - wow that little guy can control a ball!

I am sooo happy!

Back
Top Bottom