Brentford fc vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR/ Sun 13th 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's not very often you will here this from me, and i'm normally the first one to defend our fans, but I think they were poor today.
They let a bunch of Ruperts call the shots and take the piss with little or no response. I know it's a pissy little ground and only a handful of fans can get tickets but even so.

you absolute screwdriver.

Sassy Oh No You Didnt GIF

1. Bissouma
2. Maddison
3. Udogie
4. VDV

The 4 real standouts for me. Really impressed by all four. I still think it's a shame we weren't in for a Diaby as from what I saw vs. Newcastle he looked like he'd suit an Ange team, a lot more electric and active than Kulusevski.

He was electric in the first, but vanished in the second. Newcastle started squeezing him.
I wonder if he has enough about him other then pure pace

You don’t know what you’re talking about mate.

Lots of top national sides lose at Bolivia. They play at 3,500 meters. Not to mention the distances they travel for games. Nothing like EUFA.

Your qualifiers are shit. The top teams qualify basically automatically.

Nations League is okay.

The Euro cup is a big deal to you? They play Copa America every two years.

They measure the strength of each confederations. It’s called a confederation coefficient.

I believe CONMEBOL is ranked ahead of e
You don’t know what you’re talking about mate.

Lots of top national sides lose at Bolivia. They play at 3,500 meters. Not to mention the distances they travel for games. Nothing like EUFA.

Your qualifiers are shit. The top teams qualify basically automatically.

Nations League is okay.

The Euro cup is a big deal to you? They play Copa America every two years.

They measure the strength of each confederations. It’s called a confederation coefficient.

I believe CONMEBOL is ranked ahead of UEFA.
Either I don’t know what I am talking about or you are misinformed and not up to date.

The truth is teams used to struggle a lot in Bolivia, yes. Times have changed, and so has human performance and physical conditioning. Players literally use some form of oxygen mask before games and during half time when playing in altitude in La Paz and guess what the result is?? Teams struggling less and less against Bolivia.

Case in point, Brazil beat them 4-0 in Bolivia.

However, I obviously have no idea what I am talking about as you are alluding to. Now, if you take away Bolivia’s advantage, name me one notable player that you can think of that plays for them?

Case in point, the level of opposition bar Argentina in the South American qualifiers are crap. Even the Brazilian commentators say so.

Is it a coincidence that Brazil hasn’t beaten a European team in the WC in the knockout phases since 2002?

Richly is not the answer to replacing Kane. I wonder how long Levy will take to buy Orban 🤞🏻?
The problem was not not having an adequate Kane replacement. It was that Kulu and Sonny offered fuck all. Solomon and Perišić instead of those two and we would have been much more incisive offensively.

Last edited:
Skipp has been a passenger. I don’t think he works that well in 3 man midfield. I cannot wait Bentancur to come back.

Bissouma was class.
For as far forward as Skipp played, Ange should have stuck GLC in his place. Especially in the second half when we were chasing that third goal.

Back
Top Bottom