Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
So what do we do? Just wait and loan them all out until their contracts run out and then replace them with more cheap deals.

This is why the idea of being ruthless and tearing up contracts for a full reset was a good idea.

Once you realize the damage you did by spending money with no direction or commitment, you take the ht for those mistakes and make sure you learn from them.

I mean, for a family with 2 kids and a parent at the game, that's 15o ish for 2 hours of entertainment, plus food and drinks and transport.

Doesn't make sense.

It's brutal... I'm sure.

Can't remember which thread now but a few peeps were reflecting on the fact that a family trip to the cinema + snacks costs circa £100 these days.

Still; a posh ticket for Taylor Swift is 3 grand... So there's always options.

My point is they needed him, wanted him and they paid it. We need and want Tapsoba, we won’t pay it
I tentatively agree but no-one walks into the centre back aisle at Waitrose and picks out what they want and pays the price attached to his jersey.

Tapsoba is highly, highly regarded by his club. The don't want to sell so it will take either extraordinary money or extraordinary negotiation to make it happen. We won't do the former.

I wouldn't have us buy Rice for 105M for what it's worth. This isn't Monopoly.

Can ENIC survive?
What? An imminent financial crisis or the super secret probation that you put them on in 2019?

BTW, the term -ologist is generally used to denote somebody with interest or expertise in a field. A Levyologist wouldn’t necessarily indicate any sympathy towards Levy. Can I suggest the term ‘Levyphile’ would convey the meaning that actually meant?

IF we are one of those other clubs trying to get in on the deal.

And they can outbid us on a player for their farm team, when we are looking at them for the 1st team, football is broken imo.

We didn't even finish below them last season and we don't have worse prospects with our current squad.

What? An imminent financial crisis or the super secret probation that you put them on in 2019?

BTW, the term -ologist is generally used to denote somebody with interest or expertise in a field. A Levyologist wouldn’t necessarily indicate any sympathy towards Levy. Can I suggest the term ‘Levyphile’ would convey the meaning that actually meant?
You know what you like I suppose?

It's brutal... I'm sure.

Can't remember which thread now but a few peeps were reflecting on the fact that a family trip to the cinema + snacks costs circa £100 these days.

Still; a posh ticket for Taylor Swift is 3 grand... So there's always options.
Especially when said child who wanted to go to the movie is on their phone after 15 mins.

What was that Beatles song? Can't buy me....something.

I tentatively agree but no-one walks into the centre back aisle at Waitrose and picks out what they want and pays the price attached to his jersey.

Tapsoba is highly, highly regarded by his club. The don't want to sell so it will take either extraordinary money or extraordinary negotiation to make it happen. We won't do the former.

I wouldn't have us buy Rice for 105M for what it's worth. This isn't Monopoly.
Rice is an excellent player. But he is no Grealish who lifts a team to a higher level.
Partey is a baddy but is Rice that much better?

Rice is a excellent player. But he is no Grealish who lifts a team to a higher level.
Partey is a baddy but is Rice that much better?
He is an excellent player but I don't want the club to spunk 100M quid on anyone other than Mbappe or Harlaand, certainly not a defensive midfielder and anyone who does is just washing euro notes for the oil regimes.

Partey will go to Saudi. I hear they turn a blind eye to that kind of shenanigans over there. Synergy.

Back
Top Bottom