Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just assume everyone involved has an agenda and there's a fair chance nobody is saying what they really think. I don't think Mr. Levy would be happy paying Kane would it would take to get him to stay but he has to convince people if Kane leaves it was on Kane and not Spurs. Kane might want to stay but wants, quite naturally, to leave things ambiguous to get top dollar on the contract. Or he could still remember Mr. Levy making verbal promises to him previously and is looking forward to getting far away from here. Postecoglou is a master at saying whatever fans want to hear. Has been anywhere he's been. He might want Kane back, but it's also possible the "Big Ange" side of him doesn't want a mega star on "his" team. I just figure it will be what it will be and that, this being Spurs, it will be a long and drawn out process that will feel more like siege warfare. Wake me when it's over.

Reckon he’s walked back through the doors to the training ground, seen his team mates, Maddison and the staff, and thought to himself “it’s good to be home”.

Young family at home.

What’s really driving him to go?

Wtf would seeing Maddison have to do with anything? He’s played with him in an actual game maybe twice with England. They’re not bezzie mates and it’s not like we’ve signed some world superstar.

& Winning trophies, being involved in huge games with huge stakes. Which is what he talks about ALL THE DAMN TIME.

Wtf would seeing Maddison have to do with anything? He’s played with him in an actual game maybe twice with England. They’re not bezzie mates and it’s not like we’ve signed some world superstar.

& Winning trophies, being involved in huge games with huge stakes. Which is what he talks about ALL THE DAMN TIME.
He has also said he wants to win things with Spurs quite a lot too tbf.

He has also said he wants to win things with Spurs quite a lot too tbf.

One’s a realistic dream and one isn’t and the overwhelming likelihood is he has realised this and that is why he’s ran his contract down.

If I’m wrong great, watching Kane is one of the only good thing about Spurs lately. But on a competitive level staying here makes zero sense for his career.

Maybe he will, and maybe he won't.

Messi didn't seem particularly thrilled leaving Barça, fucking guy cried all the way to Paris.

Messi left because he had to due to Barcelona's financial situation. At that point he had already won everything there is to win in club football. Kane's won nothing here, and very recently was golfing with Gary Neville and making it clear to the world he'd like a move to City.

They aren't comparable situations. I've no doubt if Spurs were realistically going to compete for the PL/CL then Kane would be a one club man, because he does love the club. But he also has personal ambitions which go beyond what we offer him & his choice is going to involve weighing those factors up.

I want to see
One’s a realistic dream and one isn’t and the overwhelming likelihood is he has realised this and that is why he’s ran his contract down.

If I’m wrong great, watching Kane is one of the only good thing about Spurs lately. But on a competitive level staying here makes zero sense for his career.
I think he stayed as long as he did because he believed that he can get us atleast 1 trophy.......(League or FA cup).

He did all he can for us....its time we let him go... (For the right price, of course)

Fair points.

There are too many variables to accurately assume his choice which is why I don't concern myself about it.

If his goal is to win the Premier League then he's staying this season.
If he doesn't care what league he wins then it's likely he goes to Bayern.
If he wants the goalscorer record then he's staying this season.
If he wants a guaranteed English trophy then any choice is a risk seen as Man City don't want him.
If it's just about money then the rumoured new contract might be tempting to him.
Etc, etc.

It's entirely plausible that he has a completely different outlook since that Neville interview.

Will just keep my fingers crossed that he fancies staying.

There are too many variables to accurately assume his choice which is why I don't concern myself about it.

I think an honest appraisal of the facts points pretty clearly to the most likely outcome being he leaves on a free.

Because of that, I'd prefer we at least get some money that helps prepare for the post-Kane future.

I want to see

I think he stayed as long as he did because he believed that he can get us atleast 1 trophy.......(League or FA cup).

He did all he can for us....its time we let him go... (For the right price, of course)

I have zero doubt whatsoever that Kane would rather win a trophy here than anyone else. And he's still here because when we were really good under Poch, that looked likely. Now he's much older and we're much worse.

The only way he stays from here on is if Ange absolutely smashes it out of the park beyond all expectations. And I don't mean top 4 because I don't think even that keeps him here. I mean genuinely looking like a team that will win stuff.

One thing that does annoy me about the whole Kane needing/deserving a trophy blah blah....is that it's not like he hasn't had chances with us (or England ). He's never scored or reeally shown up in any finals (or some semis) so it's on him too.

Last edited:
Suggestions PSG might get involved in the Kane bidding and that Bayern's going to up its offer. If we're gonna lose him, having these two bidding against each other should at least increase the chance of getting a good price.

If the camel fucking executioners are paying Benzema 2M per week, surely they will stump a statement fee of 200M for the best striker in the world? Perhaps even 300M or 400M? They have a money tap, sounds ridiculous but they are making a play for football here a la PGA/Liv and also owning boxing, let’s exploit it before they own the PL outright in the next few tears

Vlahovic in if Kane leaves is unlikely but it would be an excellent outcome all round. Or we take the 80-90M and put it towards two proper central defenders.

I am at peace with Kane leaving. Even if Postecoglou has a big season, the chances of us winning anything for the next 24 months are almost bugger all.

As Deuterz Deuterz put it, we'd probably be better off getting something for him.

The narrative now from Ornstein last night was that Levy now doesn’t want to lose him on a free. New contract or he will be sold. It was always going to switch at some point. But it sounds like they still don’t know what will happen and this will go round in circles for weeks unless Bayern suddenly bid £100m.

Last edited:
The narrative now from Ornstein last night was that Levy now doesn’t want to lose him on a free. New contract or he will be sold. It was always going to switch at some point. But it sounds like they still don’t know.
seems odd to flip to that plan now. Times ticking and the balance of power now vests with Kane…. He can say f you to Levy, I’m staying until May then going to Chelsea for free, and dictate the club and price for a deal now. Might mean he forces Man Utd for say 70M rather than Bayern for 90M

Nobody at Woolwich got more than15 league goals last season. I think Angel’s system is suited to multiple players scoring lots of goals. I think Kane will be sold, ideally to BM or PSG.
We need to reply him with a 15 goal a season striker and we probably will do that without paying him 100k a week.
His new 400k a week contract is £80 million over 4 years , we would save that and get £80 for him. It’s the best deal for the club. Big risk if he got injured if his form fell of a cliff after his big pay rise.
If he doesn’t want to be here and wants to go and win an Argos league so be it.
He has been a great player for is over the last decade, we made him and he helped us but when we all look back over the clips and highlights of the decade the one that is played the most and sticks out the most is ….”Oh Lucas Moura… they’ve done it “

I still want him to stay though..

If his goal is to win the Premier League then he's staying moving to Man City this season.
If he doesn't care what league he wins then it's likely he goes to Bayern.
If he wants the goalscorer record then he's staying this season.
If he wants a guaranteed English trophy then any choice is a risk seen as Man City don't want him.
If it's just about money then the rumoured new contract might be tempting to him.
Etc, etc.

It's entirely plausible that he has a completely different outlook since that Neville interview.

Will just keep my fingers crossed that he fancies staying.
Fixed!

Back
Top Bottom