Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With Kane still at the club, less games next season (without Europe), a more attack minded new coach, and hopefully an improved back line, we have a good chance of qualifying for CL for the season after next. The money from the CL would help defray some of the losses if we he leaves for free next season.

If he doesn’t sign for any other club until next summer, there’s always hope of him signing a new contract with us, if we improve the squad and maybe win some silverware next season. I’d rather see him wearing our shirt next season .

The Guardian has been front and centre in wanting Harry to leave, for literally anyone. Here's the latest from West Ham's Jacob Steinberg who talks of Kane's "keenness" to go without giving even the slightest evidence of any said keenness...

Harry Kane keen to join Bayern Munich after opening offer of £60m

Sorry but after scoring 30 goals but finishing 8th do you really think Kane would prefer to stay here than join another club? He already tried to leave once to the extent that he went on strike and skipped pre-season.

The only question is whether Levy allow sit or not. If Kane wanted to stay here he would have signed a new contract by now. What more evidence do you need that he’s keen to leave?

If I was Kane and Levy blocked moves to City and the Bayern two summers in a row...I'd just stroll around the pitch hoofing passes into the crowd for a year.

I'd say that the club that trained him into the player he is and paid him over 100m in wages deserves some sort of loyalty.

Seems weird that Maddison is on the cusp of signing but Kane seems like he is off to Bayern.
Question is, why would Maddison sign if he knows Kane is on his way out? I mean would you sign knowing the best player is going?

Seems weird that Maddison is on the cusp of signing but Kane seems like he is off to Bayern.
Question is, why would Maddison sign if he knows Kane is on his way out? I mean would you sign knowing the best player is going?

For a start Harry Kane is not Tottenham Hotspur and everything that entails.

No other offers on the table.

His captor wants him to live in London with her.

Or he can play championship football next year for less money.

Would you want to play premier league football for spurs or live in Leicester??

Sorry but after scoring 30 goals but finishing 8th do you really think Kane would prefer to stay here than join another club? He already tried to leave once to the extent that he went on strike and skipped pre-season.

The only question is whether Levy allow sit or not. If Kane wanted to stay here he would have signed a new contract by now. What more evidence do you need that he’s keen to leave?
I never said I thought Kane would stay or go. Like everyone else, including piss-poor Guardian hacks, I don't have the slightest idea,

My issue was with the rubbish journalism, saying that Harry was "keen" to go when no evidence of said keenness is even alluded to.

For a start Harry Kane is not Tottenham Hotspur and everything that entails.

No other offers on the table.

His captor wants him to live in London with her.

Or he can play championship football next year for less money.

Would you want to play premier league football for spurs or live in Leicester??

Or play for Newcastle which he turned down to come to Spurs...

I actually think he will sign a new deal.

big brother pop GIF by Big Brother After Dark

Family involved in the negotiations? Where have we heard that before? Most likely, these clowns don't have anything lined up just like with Man City a couple of seasons ago. They're writing cheques with other people's money and, if I were Kane, these are the last people I would trust to negotiate a move.

If talks didn't happen with the player, it didn't happen.

I get the feeling that a lot of clubs are happy to wait until next summer when it comes to Kane.

He's a lad that got his club relegated. He should be happy a club like ours is in for him.

Why do some fans create this scenario in their heads that he’ll go to Chelsea on a free?
Because once he's out of contract the poor bloke is unemployed! Just imagine him, beside himself over where his next meal is coming from, the mortgage payments, and will someone for the love of God think of the children!!!

It might not be easy to swallow, but really, he'll have literally no other choice!

:pochsmirk:

for 90M I would sell him today, this soap opera has to stop.
then I would buy Marcos Leonardo, and give Richarlison a chance.
the rest of the money? safe in levy's pocket or a proper CB (Pau Torres)

4231:
vicario
emerson (tanganga) romero (dier) lenglet (ben davies) udogie (perisic)
bissouma (sarr) PEH(benta)
kulu (porro) maddison (skipp) son (gil)
richy (marcos leonardo)

6th place easily

Back
Top Bottom