Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't let them beat you down like that, man. It's exactly what they want.
You can see it permeating all over this forum.

Never has the losing culture installed in our club under ENIC been more apparent than it is right now.

We've just been confirmed as the most profitable football club in the world.
We should be demanding more than just 'entertaining football'.

I don’t think anyone JUST wants exciting football and that’s it.

Obviously I can only speak for me - but the first thing I want is attacking football. We’ve been served up some real bilge over the last few years so at the very LEAST let us have attacking football back.

Once we’ve got that back, then hopefully we can kick on…

But we’ve fallen so far recently that we are MILES off winning anything. We need to rebuild and it’s going to take a while…that simple really.

None of this is Ange’s fault so he should be backed (at least by the fans. We all know Levy won’t!).

Totally get people having reservations but constant (understandable) pessimism doesn’t exactly help does it.

There’s only one man who people should be directing their ire at, and we both know who that is.

time will tell, youll know after 6 games if hes the right man. there was worrying signs with conte after 6 games with his selections etc. using a system that has emerson royal as your main attacking threat.

we all know we have major problems at the back with the backline and GK. bt the midfield isnt that bad, biss/bent/sarr/PEH is not too bad. apparently postecoglou plays 433 so maybe we need another CM who can pick a pass out too. but its not all doom and gloom. lets just hope hes the right man! i dont get nuno vibes at all hes a completely different character to nuno. nuno seemed fucking miserable and depressed, this bloke seems like a mans man who really wants to win.

also the miracles conte did? we was at our best when he had doherty at RWB. he then wouldnt drop emerson for him and it all fell apart, the football became absolute shit because it would all break down when emerson had it high up because hes not an attacking footballer! along with the insistence of playing son no matter how much he stank. dropped kulu when he was in white hot form and he hasnt got back to it since. the bloke made clear mistake after clear mistake, and hes a fucking cunt to boot. good riddance, can actually be optimistic about watching our games again now.

Unless we're getting humiliated every week, I wouldn't pull the plug after 6 games, but I do agree, you can generally tell if someone has a clue quite quickly.

What concerns me about all our under performing players, is they often do improve considerably when a new coach initially comes in. I don't want them pulling the wool over anyones eyes anymore only to drop back to their level after a new deal or we don't sign better players.

As for the Conte miracles. He took over a team that looked terrified every time they walked out on the pitch. 21/22 we won the first 3 games 1-0 with our only shot I think. Barely touched the ball and just got lucky goals on the break/penalty. When Conte came in, he had a couple of months getting the team sorted, brought 2 player in, then went on a run of games that would win a title over the course of the season. We were absolutely blowing teams away week in week out. And then the first 10 games of 22/23 saw us take more points than we ever have. With Dier. With Davies. With Royal under performing. With an off colour Son.

I think many fans have deemed Mourinho and Conte failures because they didn't come and win something. But IMO, this squad is so far away from winning things, that just finishing 6th and 4th were / would have been big successes. If Conte hadn't had his off field issues last season, I suspect he wouldn't have completely melted down and left. If he'd have stayed, I think 4th was on, worst case 5th. We ended up 8th. And I think a bad appointment could see worse, as we wouldn't have 23 points after 10 games.

Well who wouldn't choose Dier and Sanchez over Messi and Neymar.
The Goldbergs What GIF by ABC Network

Does anyone believe that the reason we've had no manager since March is that Levy has listened - and has waited for the availability of someone who may be able to rekindle the Spurs DNA that has been so sadly missing in recent times?
D'you know, I think you may be right, Brilliant post. Well done mate.

Udogie was sent straight on loan.
Conte never even met him but you want to count that as money spent on his squad?

Conte didn’t have a choice with Spence.

It’s not difficult.

Between the club and coach there was no alignment. That’s bad structure

Absolutely doomed to fail.
Same as Mourinho.

And tbh, everyone until Levy has a restraining order put on him. Football people need to run the football team.

Why exactly do we want that guy? Because of 0 wins in CL last season? Battering from Bodo/Glimt in ECL? Not getting out of EL group? Losing CL qualifications against Midtjylland? This guy's record in serious Europe games is a joke. And Scottish league is a joke. We are going to be a joke now. I had no expectations again, and this club let me down. Again.
You know we're not in Europe next season? 🫢

Makes your rant pointless. 😁

Missing out on the revenue for European football means something. It isn't a game changer unless you miss out two or three seasons in a row, but Levy isn't the type to lose money in one place without trying to save it somewhere else. He'll save money on the managerial appointment and staff, probably look to replace some experienced players with Pacific imports, and even more so than in the past try to drive hard bargains in the transfer market. What it means with regard to Kane is anyone's guess, but I'm not optimistic. The future will look a lot more like Brighton and a lot less like a top six club, with a touch of Bielsa as manager.
Woolwich didn't get into the CL for what, 7 years? Sometimes no Europe at all either.
On top of that, they let 3 £50m players go for nothing just to get them off the books.
And still they invested heavily in the first team.

No doubt we will batten down the hatches now though. We'll be scraping the barrel for new signings. Unheard of 20 year olds from the lower leagues and now Asia/Australia. Mid range fees, low wages, easy to sign for once.

Back
Top Bottom