Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sensational, boyhood club, first title since 1957!

Lad just became a local legend.
It's not his boyhood club.

Toby's boyhood club is Germinal Beerschot, another Antwerp club and RAFC's old local rival.

Beerschot is defunked now but Toby is not a Royal Antwerp lad born and raised.

You can't make this shit up about players who leave this club and go on to win things.

Well done to agreat defender in his time but the perplexity continues.
Not won the league since 1957 yet we limp along season after season pretending to try and win things, whilst yielding huge revenues

Not won the league since 1957 yet we limp along season after season pretending to try and win things, whilst yielding huge revenues
In fairness,

Union were winning the league up until Brugges equalized in the 89th minute. Then Then Genk were winning the league from the 91st minute until Toby scored in the 94th minute.

Utterly superb end to a season, best I can think of.

You can't make this shit up about players who leave this club and go on to win things.

Well done to a great defender in his time but the perplexity continues.

I know, any player that wants to win trophies. Come to Spurs first, win nothing, then we sell you and you'll be guaranteed a title or a European trophy, something anyway!

Congrats to Toby anyway, cracking finish as well.

Maybe not. Explain all the others with similar mitigation..
Can give you the same explanation for almost all of them. Exceptions off the top of my head are Modric, Bale, Walker, Carrick, Berbatov. So many on that constantly updated list are winning things in weaker leagues.

The ones I’ve mentioned all wanted to leave us and had it in them to travel upwards. Everyone else on the list? Travelled downwards. Just in the last few weeks Nuno won a title, so did Joe Hart and CCV. Don’t think any of those wins has anything to do with us not winning trophies whatsoever.

I may have missed someone off my list, apologies if so.

It's not his boyhood club.

Toby's boyhood club is Germinal Beerschot, another Antwerp club and RAFC's old local rival.

Beerschot is defunked now but Toby is not a Royal Antwerp lad born and raised.
Defunct. No longer functional.

John Travolta Dance GIF by Hollywood Suite

What a great moment for him.

He couldn't believe he'd scored and looked back to the linesman 4 times as he was running off celebrating.

Lifetime magic memory, right there.

Back
Top Bottom