Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The extra inch podcast called many ENIC out brigade as unbalanced, embarrassing and lacking in nuance with a tendency to be aggressive.

I didn’t pay them to say that. Levy didn’t say them to say that. Just worth reflecting.
they are referring to the handful of aggressive Twiter activists that hang around the shop with their banners not the majority of fans that want these bastards out

But a « winning mentality » in the sense of having some special insight into what it takes to win… that’s nonsense. Mentality, just like technical skill or good tactics is a question of small deltas at the highest level.
You're defining it wrong from the off. A belief is not an insight and vice versa.

A winning mentality is quite simply the belief that you as a team can win and wont stop trying to do so until the final whistle.

Positive belief powers performance and anyone who competes and has channeled it knows it's a powerful weapon.

The extra inch podcast called many ENIC out brigade as unbalanced, embarrassing and lacking in nuance with a tendency to be aggressive.

I didn’t pay them to say that. Levy didn’t say them to say that. Just worth reflecting.
Said this before but the anti ENIC mob remind me of the Antivax protestors, they don't really know what their protesting for just like the anti ENIC mob don't really know why they're anti ENIC, you put a compelling argument in front of them and you're met with personal abuse or incoherent rambling/half truths.

:thumbup:

Spurs legend Ledley King on Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy:

“It’s important for me to say that I think he gets a bit of tough criticism at times. When I first joined the club, we were a mid-table team.
Over the years we’ve kind of bridged that gap. We’ve kind of tried to be a team that’s trying to compete and win things.

We’ve come close, you know, we haven’t been able to do it, but that’s not the chairman’s fault that we’ve lost the finals or why we haven’t won a trophy. I think if you look at the spending, we are probably up there in the top four or five.

So, probably the recruitment has maybe been a bit of an issue in terms of the players that we’ve brought in over the last few years not…probably not hitting the ground. People have a job to do and I suppose to bring in certain players and I don’t think it’s a talent issue with the players.

But, if it doesn’t work and they don’t perform then that’s tough. And, you’re again then searching to kind of bridge that gap again where you’re trying to be a team that’s from the top four or five to a team that’s competing.

And until we kind of get that right in terms of bringing in the next phase of players to help us to do that, then it’s going to be tough. So that’s where we are at the moment.”

#COYS #THFC

Not loser mentality Just facts pal.
Villa & Everton are similar size clubs to us and won sweet FA in the last 20 odd years.

Why should we feel more 'entitled'

Btw I'm not saying we shouldn't be aiming for as high as we can in the league & winning cups.

Just pointing out we have no God given right like some on here seem to think.
With that mentality we will never amount to anything.

Woolwich is a club with a similar revenue stream to us who also haven't won a league for a long while now, There is absolutely no reason we shouldn't be aiming for the same things as those cunts. but the difference is their fans expect bigger. They are targeting Declan Rice. We have fans like you and will be targeting some cunt Danny Rose had to Google.

If you can’t see the tipping point that’s coming, you are blind. Did you go to Brentford? Thousands of empty seats. Yes they were probably sold but will those who chose not to bother attending renew their ST? Doubt it. ST renewals will fall off a cliff this summer, yes they might be replaced this summer but what about next year?

West Ham charge a third of Spurs, irrelevant comparison. Our average ST is well over a grand, that’s an eye watering amount
You can't charge Champions league prices for mid table football and expect a full stadium

Not loser mentality Just facts pal.
Villa & Everton are similar size clubs to us and won sweet FA in the last 20 odd years.
This is not a fact , how do you measure the size of a club?
Why should we feel more 'entitled'
How do you know what Everton and Villa fans think? How do you know we feel more entitled?
Btw I'm not saying we shouldn't be aiming for as high as we can in the league & winning cups.
Do you know that we as a club are? Where are the facts to say that ENIC/Levy are aiming high?

It gets slightly tedious that any fan who is fed up with this ownership is ridiculed as being entitled or spoilt.

Maybe just maybe they are fed up with a lack of footballing direction , the constant change of managers, the poor football and complete mess the FOOTBALL side of the club is.

This is not a fact , how do you measure the size of a club?

How do you know what Everton and Villa fans think? How do you know we feel more entitled?

Do you know that we as a club are? Where are the facts to say that ENIC/Levy are aiming high?

It gets slightly tedious that any fan who is fed up with this ownership is ridiculed as being entitled or spoilt.

Maybe just maybe they are fed up with a lack of footballing direction , the constant change of managers, the poor football and complete mess the FOOTBALL side of the club is.
Great Post.

I'll never quite get why so many of these Levy / ENIC enthusiasts are so keen to run down and belittle the great club they claim to support.

Comparing us to clubs whose fan base, match day revenue, ticket prices, wealth, and turnover is dwarfed by ours is absolutely pathetic, and to be honest, downright insulting.

The extra inch podcast are just a bunch of tossers. Woke dickheads and they can fuck themselves like you can.
We don't need another happy clapper cunt spending all day posting bollock after bollock .
Spare us the crap

If we got relegated people would still make excuses. "We've done well to be in the prem so long". " We've been relegated less than Chavs, Villa and Forest". " Our training ground is the best in the Championship". "At least we will win a trophy" " Relegation isn't that bad, we'll get more fans, stop crying "

Fair point we should have won more cups under Enic. I have said that is the big gripe. I also remember times pre Enic when we were a total embarrassment in the league.
It's fair to say they have probably at times overachieved in the league but underachieved big time in winning cups.
And charged an absolute fortune for the privilage.

Reading Ledley’s comment reminds me.

if you know your history…

Tottenham Hotspur are the team that achieved amazing things and sat proudly as a giant in the British game. The club should ( and must not ) be defined by the period between 92 & 2002. And it’s only if you limit your arguments to that period that Levy and his apologist fans have any case.

Lol I get that but in the real world that's what normally happens.
Some people need to wake up & smell the Coffee rather than constantly behavin like entitled bellends.
A few good seasons under Poch didn't mean we were Real Madrid.

We are the 7th most successful club in England FACT.

The 7th most successful club in Spain btw is Zaragoza for reference.

Now We are obviously way more successful than them.

Everyone wants to better but all I am actually saying is that there are 'natural' levels.
Bore off

clown GIF by Team Coco

ENIC aren't the worst owners but combined with Levy's leadership clearly going ever faster downhill, I'm not buying that we couldn't get a better owner if they trimmed their expectations on price. The Kroenkes have won a Superbowl, NBA title on the way and clearly have more of an idea how to run a modern club.

Back
Top Bottom