The Great Rebuild Summer 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would you sell? You can choose 6 players.

• Total voters
I’m not 100% convinced about the kid, he’s only started getting serious game time this season, and I know nothing about his off pitch stuff, but to say he doesn’t produce much isn’t quite right though.
Neither do our recruitment geniuses, it's okay.

You say we can’t afford a gamble, but we also can’t afford not to. And we desperately need some technical ability and creativity in the side, and he wouldn’t necessarily cost a fortune.
I don't know what you smoke, but I want me some.

To be honest, I don't actually care about him cause he won't come Spurs. He sees himself at PSG, Real, City...

It feels like we need another summer like when Arnesen came in and bought about 20 players and sold a load too. Let’s just hope we get more Naybet’s than Atouba’s this time around!

Our squad probably does require a similar amount of work now.

It feels like we need another summer like when Arnesen came in and bought about 20 players and sold a load too. Let’s just hope we get more Naybet’s than Atouba’s this time around!

Atouba was actually alright tbh.

Did mine:

- Dier
- Sanchez
- Sess
- Perisic
- PEH
- Son

These either have value, so we can sell them while we can get something (Son, PEH) either are not good enough (Sess, Dier, Sanchez) or have to go since they don't want to be here (Perisic).

The list is much bigger though, I haven't even begun adding Ndombele etc.

Epic Fail Lol GIF by CBeebies HQ

Let the summer rebuild commence

You speak to OL fans and a fair few think it's more likely Cherki will turn into Ben Arfa v2.0 than the new Benzema.

Kid has talent, yes, but he's not setting Ligue 1 on fire week in week out, is he. Doesn't score or assist loads, wastes possession plenty. Refuses to defend, which ain't all that surprising...kid has a massive ego and poor attitude.

A gigantic no from me. Let him go PSG, he's perfect for them.

In fairness I'd take Ben Arfa 2.0. Would be quite fun.

I think there has to be space for Devine and Scarlett to play decent minutes, and we should stick with that even if they make mistakes.. Not every game obviously, but also not 5 minutes of garbage time here and there.

I'd be surprised if the summer rebuild is more than three players, perhaps four if we need a Kane replacement. Plus we need to do something about Winks et al.

I think there has to be space for Devine and Scarlett to play decent minutes, and we should stick with that even if they make mistakes.. Not every game obviously, but also not 5 minutes of garbage time here and there.

With people not wanting Europe; the chance of that would be small.

Reguillon is the only one I think will be really tough to move.

Lo Celso will go to Villa and we might even get 25m or 30.

Tanguy either another loan or sb takes him for 10-15 and we subsidize wages.

Winks will have takers after a season playing well.

I’m fairness to Paratici he didn’t sell those guys but he did find situations that highlighted why they are assets other teams would want.

Reg: Probably a buyer out there for 5/10m.
GLC: I'm not confident that the AV deal will happen and that he won't end up back at Villareal on loan again.
Ndombele: 10-15m vs 2 years of wage subsidy will pretty much equate to net zero income to us.
Winks: 5m if someone like Sampdoria want him.

Last edited:

Yeah, this bears repeated pointing out.

Somewhere between roughly 2013 and 2017 we went from doing business at greater volume than peer clubs, to much much less volume with much much more difficulty.

And I've got news for ya, the very first thing a data analytics approach to our transfer business is going to say is that we have to get our transaction volume up in order to maximize the marginal advantage of superior scouting resources.

So many that need to be shown the door it’s actually frightening. 6 really isn’t a high enough number to be able to vote for…

In order of necessity to get rid, I would go with:

Dier
Lloris
Sanchez
Sessengnon
Davies
Hojbjerg
Perisic
Tanganga

Then below I wouldn’t actively look to sell them, but I’d also very strongly consider any decent offer we received for:
Gil
Emerson
Richarlison
Skipp
Son

Then I’d just mutually terminate the contracts of Reguilon, Ndombele and Winks.
Lo Celso is a weird one, because even though he’s public enemy number 1 for a lot of Spurs fans, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if (rightly or wrongly) Slot gives him another go in preseason.

Then of course we have Lenglet and Danjuma, two duds who absolutely should not be bought permanently.

Back
Top Bottom