Fort Knox FC Vs Palace Sat 6th May 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It was fluid, as is the fashion.

In possession Romero was in the centre of our three CBs, Porro and Davies pushing on. When we defended then Emerson came across to help Porro with Zaha and Davies tucked in on the other side to make the 4.
It was 4-4-2 defending, which is why I say Royal was playing RB and not RCB.

Yes, in buildup it was 3-2-5, but as I've said, there are times that Hojbjerg will play that role and nobody would say he's playing a CB position.

Defensively, nobody who watched the game can say Royal was playing a CB role.

I thought we played amazing. I am usually on edge with our defending but was at ease all game. Dropping dier was a genius move. Mason should get the job now. We put our heart I to every tackle and challenge. The boys wanted this win so badly for the manager and hs fans. We all want to win 3 or 4 nil but this was a professional performance and it shows the quality we still have in this squad. Enjoy the weekend as this is a great result. 👍
We all know it's you Daniel!
:sonpoint:

It was 4-4-2 defending, which is why I say Royal was playing RB and not RCB.

Yes, in buildup it was 3-2-5, but as I've said, there are times that Hojbjerg will play that role and nobody would say he's playing a CB position.

Defensively, nobody who watched the game can say Royal was playing a CB role.

Fine, he played centrally in possession and wider in defence. Still a change from his normal role, which was what people wanted to see.

Ok Mr West Ham. You fucking bellend.

You said it would be easy getting 25 points out of the last 30. As a minimum.

Must try harder with your low level trolling. 3/10 for effort. Bit easier I guess as your lot aren’t playing today.

You worked out your birthday yet?
Hi buddy. I got it totally wrong but I am just happy for the win. I am not going to let you or anyone dampen my spirits. Are you not happy with our win. We have a huge game against villa next. Our last 3 performances have been outstanding so I am super optimistic. Our player showed true fight out there. I want to see that in every game. Enjoy the weekend buddy.

We defended with a back 4, he played RB.

We did build up in a 3-2-5 and he was the right of the 3 there, but defensively he was not playing CB. Sometimes Hojbjerg will be part of the build up in a back 3 but that doesn't make him a CB.
Hojbjerg or skipp drop in, if one is out of position.

Although I think Hojbjerg goes hiding there too much, Instead of being brave and getting the ball on the half turn.

But he isn't that type of player I guess.

Mason has done more to address our defensive problems in 3 matches than Conte and Stellini did throughout the whole season. A win and a clean sheet against a hitherto free-scoring Palace team is nothing to be sniffed at.
Agree. Mason should get the job on this showing. The players clearly want to play for him. Every player left it all out on the pitch. Blood and sweat for mason. He deserves a real shot.

Not one that will stick in the memory bank but just grateful that we held on for the three points, which I think we just about deserved. Great to see Emerson back and playing well. Happier with Big Fraze in goal and Eric on the bench. Result more important than the performance today, but we looked like more like a team.

Great game, more team spirit than I’ve seen all season.
Only real disappointment was Richy, we’re now giving him real game time, he needs to respond and make a difference, he just didn’t today.

Remaining Matches :

Liverpool (Points 59)
Brentford (H) today
Leicester (A)
Aston Villa (H)
Southampton (A)

Spurs (Points 57)
Aston Villa (A)
Brentford (H)
Leeds (A)

Brighton (Points 55)
Everton (H)
Woolwich (A)
Newcastle (A)
Southampton (H)
Mancity (H)
Aston Villa (A)

Villa play all the above teams once, nobody else

We need to win all 3 remaining games hoping that Brighton lose their matches v Woolwich, Newcastle and Mancity ...... and maybe draw at Villa.

That way we get EL, rather than risking Conference League

I'd only keep davies. Need to cash in on sanchez and dier. Rodon and tanganga are not good enough and there is no point in wasting there careers.

Would you buy Lenglet for say £8m?
Not saying I want he starting every week but as a cheap squad player we could do worse especially if Sanchez, Dier, Tanganga and Rodon are sold.
Leaving us with a squad of Romero, Lenglet and 2 new CBs
Either that or let Lenglet go back to Barca and give Dier a new contract 😱

Back
Top Bottom