Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Go back and read the first few pages of this thread. It’s hilarious. It doesn’t matter a fuck who goes where or who we are supposedly interested in. Fans will always be against a manager getting a job at their club.

Chelsea is a disaster of a move for Poch.

Destined to end in tears.
Hopefully. I actually want him to go there and then fail and get sacked.

It rids us of the obsession with Poch, chavs win fuck all and Poch gets a nice few million for failing. Everyone's a winner.

Luvly jubbly as Del boy used to say.

Bad Santa Pain GIF by Sky

This is on fucking Levy. It makes me sick to watch Poch go there meanwhile this club is in the fucking toilet. I'm honestly close to just giving up on all this.
Everton could be the perfect fit for you. When things are not going well, they have wheelie bin riots in the streets.

Really going to be a kick in the balls if he succeeds at Chelsea and we continue the infinite loop of garbage.

Levy has refused to consider Poch for reasons of his own ego and the board's ego, it's got nothing to do with football because he succeeded with our club when he had the tools to do so and was everything about the Tottenham DNA.

The only explanation is that either it's personal with him or Levy doesn't think Poch can win the Levy trophy (4th) without major investment that Levy isn't willing to do

4 years of the worst decisions at almost every turn lead us to becoming a mid-table side and Poch managing Chelsea purely because they aspire to more than we do. Sadness

It's the time he spent at spurs, and the overall impact it had on the club. Would Arsene wenger have moved to Chelsea post Woolwich, I doubt it.

But it is what it is, Levy wasn't interested. I just hope it doesnt make us look like even more of a clown show if he's a big success there

It rids us of the obsession with Poch, chavs win fuck all and Poch gets a nice few million for failing. Everyone's a winner.

On this one, I can't agree with you.

The Schadenfreude in me luvs seeing the chavs, woolwich, spam lose.

If Poch was Head Coach, that Schadenfreude would be tinged with a tiny bit of sadness because I still like Poch & remain grateful for everything he did for our club.

I was hoping Poch would get the Real Madrid job. And of course he'd be certain to get a massive pay day there when the board decide to change head coach after a season or two, & fire him.

It's the time he spent at spurs, and the overall impact it had on the club. Would Arsene wenger have moved to Chelsea post Woolwich, I doubt it.

But it is what it is, Levy wasn't interested. I just hope it doesnt make us look like even more of a clown show if he's a big success there
Sure, but Wenger was 70 when his tenure ended and probably wouldn't have stared another project, even if Arse hadn't sent him out on a rail. (Imagine doing that to someone who accomplished so much at your club.)

It'll be so sad to be against Poch, a manger most of us loved. But he can't be blamed for taking another top job when we just weren't interested.

Reminder: On the day that Conte got canned only 31% of people here wanted Poch to be the next manager.

Last edited:

If he goes there he will be a success...initially. And if he is able to remake the team when it needs remaking then he might have lasting success.

Chelsea have good talent but most importantly they have young talent willing to run and that will see Poch succeed. And most of their talent also has actual technical ability to bring that added bit that we never had when he was here. But as long as they are young and/or willing to put in the effort (which wasn't the case any longer at late-Spurs nor at PSG) they will be successful. And beyond that they have money.

You're living in dreamworld if you don't think this is a potential match made in heaven. There is no player power there at the moment...no one has established themselves such a profile. He could actually have what he had at Spurs and that is scary when you think about it.

Good luck to him, I say. DL will regret not even talking to him.

Back
Top Bottom