Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.1%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.2%
  • Slot

Votes: 91 21.7%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 73 17.4%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 21 5.0%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters

This is the only thing that will brighten up my life after yesterday! Getting Nagelsmann in before Thursday would be sensational. He can get a look at how shit some of them are before the season is out and ransack the place in May. We might even win again before the end of the season. Getting him in is the only way we will have European football next season.
But let’s be honest it won’t happen.

Levy’s only card left if he doesn’t want a toxic blow up in the stadium is Naglesmann or Poch announced by Thursday. This mess is all the boards making.

Fifa did us a favour banning paratici. Glad hes gone. Want romero sold after yesterday. Hes only with us to move to better club. Need to weed out the players not fighting for shirt and fans.
I'm not sure on Romero myself, his current situation isn't a million miles from Vertonghen pre-Poch, clearly talent there but doesn't actually seem to be contributing a great deal in the defensive sense and seems to have tuned out quite a bit during a phase of upheaval at the club.

Vertonghen managed to turn it around with the appointment of a competent coach so Romero could too.

As for the bolded part, how on Earth is players having ambition a bad thing? You prefer the likes of Dier, Hojbjerg, etc that know they'll never get to a bigger club than us?

If he comes to us, it's only because Chavs turned him down and there is nothing available and we are paying him a lot. This job is not for someone who is half hearted.

the first news that came out last week is that he turned them down due to the processes behind transfers at the club.
only later did chelsea PR put out that he was never their favourite choice and he didnt impress

I'm not sure on Romero myself, his current situation isn't a million miles from Vertonghen pre-Poch, clearly talent there but doesn't actually seem to be contributing a great deal in the defensive sense and seems to have tuned out quite a bit during a phase of upheaval at the club.

Vertonghen managed to turn it around with the appointment of a competent coach so Romero could too.

As for the bolded part, how on Earth is players having ambition a bad thing? You prefer the likes of Dier, Hojbjerg, etc that know they'll never get to a bigger club than us?
I do agree about the vertonghen bit. But his attitude stank yesterday. Want players fighting for shirt and fans. Ferguson at united cut the players instantly who lost their focus and desire. Need to stop being a 'nice' club and be ruthless. Getting rid of stellini is a start. Nice bloke but not upto task.

the first news that came out last week is that he turned them down due to the processes behind transfers at the club.
only later did chelsea PR put out that he was never their favourite choice and he didnt impress
He still went to them first which is his right and he wasn't looking at us at all .

Most expensive season tickets in the league have known all season that Conte was leaving and that Paratici was going to be band from football since January. Then we have failed to make a move and Chelsea are about to hire their Manager before we have even started the search.

It is like they have not learned anything since sacking Mourinho.

Even worse they have kept the regime in place with none of the confidence or arrogance of Conte.

The mismanagement by Levy just makes me want to vomit.

Back
Top Bottom