Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.1%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.2%
  • Slot

Votes: 91 21.7%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 73 17.4%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 21 5.0%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters

Brighton and Hove Albion boss Roberto de Zerbi has revealed that he has a soft spot for Milan because of how vital the Rossoneri were for his development as a player.

De Zerbi has been linked with a move to Inter in recent weeks, with Simone Inzaghi’s job under threat. There has been talk of contact having been made between the Nerazzurri and De Zerbi’s agent in Barcelona.

The Italian recently spoke to Sportmediaset and he revealed an admiration for Milan, despite links with Inter. He stated: “I grew up at Milan, I lived for three years at Milanello and my football training comes from Milan, the real one. My football education comes from the Milan of Baresi, Tassotti, Maldini, Boban, Savicevic and Costacurta. I am a fan of Brescia but I am grateful to Milan for what they have given me given and for how they raised me. I always have an eye for Milan.”

De Zerbi also spoke about his future and the links with both Roma and the Nerazzurri, saying that he wants to stay at Brighton for the time being.

“My story tells: I don’t move depending on important requests or not. Inter or Roma? I have not spoken with anyone, but I think that at this moment for my path, for my life, it is important to stay here. I had to leave Shakhtar after eight months of work and I did it begrudgingly and to leave Brighton after the same amount of time would feel like not completing the job. My will is to stay, then I’ll have to talk to the club and confront each other to understand what they expect, what they want, what their ambitions are.”

In the interview, De Zerbi also went on to hail the Premier League as the best league in the world and described Serie A as a tactical league.

“The Premier League I think is the best league in Europe in general. Serie A is very tactical and very difficult to prepare for because of the tactical difficulties. The German league is also very tactical and with many good coaches while the French league is very physical. The English one is a combination of everything, it is a very physical league where there are very strong players, the best players around.”

Brighton’s next clash could be the biggest game of De Zerbi’s career as they take on Erik ten Hag’s Manchester United in the FA Cup semi-finals at Wembley. A win could see the Seagulls take on Manchester City in the final of the competition.

Bielsa is a genius but also one of the game's worst diplomats, this is not the situation for him.
Argument could also be made that Bielsa's style and philosophy, particularly his reliance on a small squad, would not be suited for a top of the table team.

It's fine for a club outside of the European spaces who mainly play 1 game a week outside of the domestic cups. But in Europe you need a deeper squad to rotate (not that we are particularly good at that either).

He's apparently becoming the manager of Uruguay which should be a good spot for him.

Still nothing…
775839236-081.jpg

I'd rather finish 8th and miss out on Europe all together than go through that Europa Conference again. Sounds snobbish, but it was a disaster last season.

Genuinely can't see Stellini being sacked.

1 - It'll probably mean paying out on them leaving when they'll be going for nothing in a months time.
2 - I don't think Levy cares about this season at all now. He'll be hoping for a spot in Europe somewhere for the revenue, but his pockets will still be lined..

Can we add Tim Sherwood to the voting options please . Appoint Tim and we can pretend we are part of some scientific social experiment to see how far the average fan can be pushed before breaking . I am beginning to wonder if in fact we are one already ,because surely nobody could be so thick they would hire a DOF that was well publicised to be under investigation. That is the behaviour of someone to brainless to be in charge of a company worth billions , I certainly would not want someone that foolish running a bath

Last edited:
I'd rather finish 8th and miss out on Europe all together than go through that Europa Conference again. Sounds snobbish, but it was a disaster last season.

It's more about giving the next manager the chance to focus on the league and cups.

Only good thing about conference league is the chance to play youngsters but then fans will just argue about if we should be trying to win it.

'Former Bayern Munich boss Nagelsmann has been linked with a move to Tottenham after the 35-year-old 'changed his mind' about a return to management. However, the German has been warned by former England and West Ham midfielder Kieron Dyer that Spurs players 'cost managers their jobs' -Express

Oh well that's Nagelsmann out, he'll definately heed the advice of superstar player/genius Kieron Dyer
:levystare:
Dyer is not the sharpest , shows just how patently obvious it is that Levy is manager Kryptonite if even he can see it

Bielsa is a genius but also one of the game's worst diplomats, this is not the situation for him.
Bielsa relies on fitness, dedication and loyalty from young players.
Not Lloris, Dire, Davies, Perisic, PEH, Kane, Son etc. Either too old, too slow, too selfish etc to work in his system.
Please sell this club to Elon Musk so that he can launch our entire stadium into deep space.
Launch the squad into space. The stadium is fine.
'Former Bayern Munich boss Nagelsmann has been linked with a move to Tottenham after the 35-year-old 'changed his mind' about a return to management. However, the German has been warned by former England and West Ham midfielder Kieron Dyer that Spurs players 'cost managers their jobs' -Express

Oh well that's Nagelsmann out, he'll definately heed the advice of superstar player/genius Kieron Dyer
:levystare:

Dyer is a nob, but that performance yesterday would convince any coach in the world that this squad is not good enough. No amount of coaching will get them continuously up at the higher end of the table outside of the odd 10 game run.
And Levy will insist any new coach works with "our world class team"

Last edited:
Genuinely can't see Stellini being sacked.

1 - It'll probably mean paying out on them leaving when they'll be going for nothing in a months time.
2 - I don't think Levy cares about this season at all now. He'll be hoping for a spot in Europe somewhere for the revenue, but his pockets will still be lined..

yeah i'd say unlikely, would only make Levy look more stupid.

still there's 18 points to play for so its such a waste to throw a whole month of football. You could at least hire a DF now to evaluate these players now for the last 6 games for who to keep and who to sell.
might actually make some of them put effort in if they knew their spurs' career was in danger

But no chance, as Conte said everyone is nice and comfortable here, no pressure. Tottenham Country Club and Resort

Back
Top Bottom