Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.1%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.2%
  • Slot

Votes: 91 21.7%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 73 17.4%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 21 5.0%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
Chelsea top two candidates both pulled out after talks with boehly lol

For me it has to be one of Luis Enrique and Nagalsmann for us, by far the best two candidates out there who would both dramatically change the culture of this club.

To dramatically change the culture of the club will take lots of time, money, hardship and patience. Football doesn't tend to operate like that though, it's all about results and if you don't get them the pressure quickly builds from the fans and the media. The chairman/board has to 100% believe in the manager and back him fully through the hard times which will inevitably come.

Maybe Levy has told Nagelsmann he and Rangnick as DoF can have full control...

Sweet Dreams Running GIF by For Better or for Worse
Rangnick is the Austrian national coach. Doubt he'd leave that to be a DoF

Poch going to Chelsea will sting a bit. But he has to work and if he and the club cannot reignite their old flame then so be it.

It will however be very interesting to see the mental gymnastics by certain sections of the fandom to blame it on anyone but Poch and his own free will to take the job.

Romano getting paid by CHELSEA CHAVS PR team fo sho 💯, media spin taking blame of the CHavs.

Ew Stinks GIF by Amanda Cee Media
chavs PR teams trying to save face, saying Nagelsmann isnt good enough in essence.... Romano showing he is a paid shill

In all seriousness this is how the rumors mill works.

Chelsea tell Romano to release a story that makes them look good.

In return, Romano will probably "break" a big story in the near future

He's also just a colossally overrated figure due to being a byword for DoF-core systemball and the fact that D's oF aren't easily googleable like managers are. He's the only name people know to express the idea that they want a non-Levy football figure pulling the strings.

He did very well with the Red Bull system, a job and context that has absolutely nothing to do with anything at Spurs (for one thing, grossly outspending all of their competition). He totally showed his ass at United, not unexpectedly because he got put in an impossible position where his skills were meaningless. That's what it would be like here too.

Poch going to Chelsea will sting a bit. But he has to work and if he and the club cannot reignite their old flame then so be it.

It will however be very interesting to see the mental gymnastics by certain sections of the fandom to blame it on anyone but Poch and his own free will to take the job.

I guess the big question there is did we show any interest?

If he chose Chelsea over us, it's definitely his fault.

If he just chose to work back in the PL for a club because we weren't interested, then it's not entirely his choice. Levy et all had a role in it and it's much tougher to blame Poch for that choice.

Don't mind us not going for Poch if it was to appoint Nagelsmann, De Zerbi or possibly Enrique. Will be pretty sour if he goes to Chelsea and we end up with Slot, Amorim or Glasner.

Very conflicted about Poch and Nagelsmann now.

Poch to Chelsea is going to be such a weird thing that I don't know how I'm going to react the moment they visit White Hart Lane. One of the most beloved figures of Tottenham at the 2nd most disliked club.

At the same time, if we are able to get Nagelsmann it would soften the blow of Poch going to Chelsea a lot. Very excited if he's going to be the new Spurs manager.

It's going to be so embarrassing when our fans are signing Pochettinos name when we play Chelsea next.
What should he do? Never coach again?

It’s not Woolwich anyway. If both clubs are looking for new manager and Tottenham clearly didn’t call him, he should reject Chelsea because?

Staff at Spurs get paid slightly better I would bet, also as someone who has worked a lot as DoF I wouldn't think being limited to National Pool of talent would be as appealing.

I could of course be wrong, but I don't think him being the Austrian Manager means he's off limits.

Wouldn't it be typical Spurs luck if we fail to win anything with all those "ex-Chelsea winners" and Chelsea win a trophy with "that Spurs bottler"?

Fucking end me.

Back
Top Bottom